Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Help me!" Thread

is there a way to watch naruto thru the xbox with windows media center? i got it to show up but i keep getting an error saying "files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly.." i know you need the xvid codec to make em work on windows media player so basically how would i get that on my xbox. thanks

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    image fail!

thanks.. re-encoding process seems like it would be annoyin tho.. but betta than nothin tho

I've been having trouble with Counter Strike Source. Every time I click on a server, I keep getting the detailed info about it but then I notice that the latency goes up to like 1000 (only in the detailed info box) but in the server list, all my latency's are really low. Eventually I'll get into a server but it takes awhile. Does anyone know of any bug fixes for this problem, or getting the same problem as me?
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

That happens for me in the original TFC and CS, I just never look at the server info and just connect to the server. I think it is a problem with just the half-life content servers. But I could be wrong.

How long are we talking about for a connection? Some go fast for me and some go slow and they will have the same ping in the server list.

Most of the time if I try to connect, it'll just say that the connection failed after 4 tries or something like that. For the servers I can actually GET into, it flies by really fast. The only way around this that I've found is to get the ip and connect through the console but again, sometimes it works, and sometimes it won't. =/
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

I've been having problems with Media Player Classic recently and I'm stumped as to what might be the issue. I'm working off nothing but the latest CCCP (2-22-07) and CoreAVC. Basically what's happening is seeminly random avi files are causing a Windows error when I try to play them in MPC. They work fine on the Zoom in CCCP and Windows Media Player 10, but they are making MPC tap out. What I find really odd is that the same files do not always cause this issue. I opened DB's Bleach 109 earlier this evening and it worked fine, but as of a few minutes ago it has started crashing MPC as well. I did change the name of the file, but I don't know if that would matter. Other files that I have noticed consistently crashing the program are D.Gray-Man 24 (Black-Order's XviD version) and Kyuu's Kiba 04.

Does anyone have any experiance or advice for dealing with issue (other than use another player...)

Avis sometimes crashed my MPC as well, quite randomly. Though not after I reinstalled os and everything a couple of weeks ago (for other reasons), but before that. I never figured out what it was. However, some xvid avis were also randomly stuttering, and that was fixed when I changed the rendering to ffdshow. Dunno what that was all about, or if it was related.

There's nothing better than uninstalling all codecs and players and reinstalling... You can always try to get an earlier version of CCCP if the latest one is giving you problems.

Question:
    I've got a leatherman toolkit (Fuse version, if anyone cares), and i'm too damned lazy to clean it the old fashioned way.
    can i put it into the dishwasher cleaner? did anyone try it?

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    Question:
    I've got a leatherman toolkit (Fuse version, if anyone cares), and i'm too damned lazy to clean it the old fashioned way.
    Well it is 100% stainless steel, like your sink. A little water and soap can't possibly hurt it.

Then again..you never know
    image fail!

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    Question:
    That's indeed an interesting idea, and one that never would have occurred to me. Maybe because "stainless" doesn't really mean stainless for me due to all the courses of chemistry I attended at the uni. Exactly like the Leatherman site puts it: "But stainless steel is not rust proof; it is corrosion resistant". Thus, I would never put my Leatherman in a dishwasher. Dishwasher detergent is highly alkaline as far as I know, and thus not exactly metal friendly.

The site, if you have a look at it, suggest a solution of mild detergent and water. This in itself also reveals Leatherman doesn't recommend a dishwasher.

Is it possible to somehow move the tabs around in the taskbar in windows xp? I've searched all over but haven't found anything so I'm guessing that it's not possible but it would be really useful though.

You have to remove the "Lock Taskbar" option, then simply drag and drop it where you want it.

Or what is it that you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    You have to remove the "Lock Taskbar" option, then simply drag and drop it where you want it.

Or what is it that you want?
    No I want to move the actual tabs. For example if a have two folders open I want to be able to switch their places without having to close and reopen one of them.

Ah I see what you mean... I've tried doing that before without luck. You can do a couple of things to see if they fall in the order you want, though it's more trouble than it's worth. Enable then disable the "group together" function. You can also kill all the explorer.exe you have open then reopen it and see if they come up in the order you want. But that's simply not worth the trouble.

Do a google search with "taskbar + window order"... there's apparently some application and tools that lets you do what you want.

I don't know if it's trustworthy or the credability, but you can start with this and see:
    http://www.freewebs.com/nerdcave/taskbarshuffle.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    Ah I see what you mean... I've tried doing that before without luck. You can do a couple of things to see if they fall in the order you want, though it's more trouble than it's worth. Enable then disable the "group together" function. You can also kill all the explorer.exe you have open then reopen it and see if they come up in the order you want. But that's simply not worth the trouble.

Do a google search with "taskbar + window order"... there's apparently some application and tools that lets you do what you want.

I don't know if it's trustworthy or the credability, but you can start with this and see:
    http://www.freewebs.com/nerdcave/taskbarshuffle.htm
    Thanks mate. I'll check it out, but the site seems to be unavalible for now.

EDIT: I found this through microsofts own site.

http://users.forthnet.gr/pat/efotini...skarrange.html

Seems to work too.
    Last edited by el_boss; Tue, 04-03-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Hey people ---

So I know the Wii is out and whatever, I suddenly want to play some Japanese games on my GameCube. I know where to get them - playasia.com is, as far as I know, the only reliable place left.

Thing is, which of the many freeloader disks should I get? The descriptions are all equal and I don't know if the three options work the same... so, does anyone here know?

My 'Cube is a standard american one, so should I get the Japanese version or the American Version of the freeloader?

無理してここまでやってきて これからもすっと同じだろう
    それでも何かを信じたい 心の奥の声

Well I'll be transferring after a year long stint at Temple University in Philadelphia. I just feel like my wandering days should be over (I've spent a couple years in Tampa and spent a few months out in Kentucky and Tennessee). Now I'm going from here in North Philly to a small, elite liberal arts college in the equally small Amherst, Massachusetts. I'm starting to feel, not exactly worried, but a bit concerned about this whole process. Anyone here ever transferred to another school? And even more so, went from a large public university in an extremely urban environment to a tiny college in the middle of nowhere? Any advice? (Even if you haven't lol)

Just pray that they transfer most of your credits.