Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    I wonder how strong Claire has gotten from all of it. I mean she kind of emerged anew from that thing that could already be stronger then Riful.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Her "emerging anew" was more to do with a state of mind. From the jist of things, the Dual Awakened is devoid of any thought, emotion or desire whatsoever. A whole lot of power and emptiness. From that description, it seems comparable to a black hole.

Clare avoided being absorbed into by retaining her ego, it seems. Maintaining her sense of self prevented her from turning into a mass of nothingness.

If it was a power that got her out of it, I'd call it willpower, as opposed to physical prowess which you seem to be hinting.

Of course, she owes a huge thanks to whoever that voice was.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Her "emerging anew" was more to do with a state of mind. From the jist of things, the Dual Awakened is devoid of any thought, emotion or desire whatsoever. A whole lot of power and emptiness. From that description, it seems comparable to a black hole.

Clare avoided being absorbed into by retaining her ego, it seems. Maintaining her sense of self prevented her from turning into a mass of nothingness.

If it was a power that got her out of it, I'd call it willpower, as opposed to physical prowess which you seem to be hinting.

Of course, she owes a huge thanks to whoever that voice was.
    She also shared a lot with the entity right before it awakened:
    -Memories, some of which could include a lot from the organisation hidden agenda
    -Maybe fighting techniques or knowledge
    Everything both Claymores knew prior to this awakening.

Clare has always been some kind of powercell getting power from others gaining former #1 flesh, then an arm from another powerful claymore... and now memories from 2 strong fighters.
    She's an hybrid whose level is hard to evaluate, but could be enough to get out alive from any situation.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    If she gained more willpower, it would allow her to awaken even more and still come back.

There's virtually no doubt this experience gives Clare a powerup, considering she's gotten one in basically every meaningful encounter in the comic.

Personally I hope the Teresa/Clare statue Awakened kills everyone involved - Duph, Riful, the Abyssal Feeders, and Alicia and Beth (or at least makes one permanently Awaken).

I do think she's stronger, just that it wasn't the reason she "emerged" from being absorbed.
    I'll buy Kraco's point that willpower does translate to strength here though.

I will be deeply saddened if Riful gets completely destroyed here. She's one of the better characters that hasn't been getting enough time.

Duff I couldn't care less about.

"Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Humm, should I guess those stakes are to transform into those zombie eaters from what we see in the last pages?

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75
    Humm, should I guess those stakes are to transform into those zombie eaters from what we see in the last pages?
    They definitely transform into something small and hideous, but I'm not so sure about zombie eaters. I'm assuming you mean the same beings as the Abyssal Eaters the Organisation created?

Things are really looking downhill for Riful though. Duff's a goner, but there's a slight chance she'll survive. Hopefully Duff's death will put her on a revenge path against the Organisation and form an alliance with Clare.

It's always good to see the caring sides of the "bad guys".

super buu's kill everyone on the planet attack!

damn, the shit just got even more real, the attack seemed aimed at Riful (and co.), seeing as her relatively small body got hit about 5 times.

Duff and Riful are great together, did both of them kick the bucket? I hope not.

Edit: 2500 posts? ah, hell, why not.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    super buu's kill everyone on the planet attack!

damn, the shit just got even more real, the attack seemed aimed at Riful (and co.), seeing as her relatively small body got hit about 5 times.
    When you compare the hole sizes on her and Duff's body, their sizes don't seem terribly different. From what I remember in the anime though, Riful's awakened form is huge. It's probably a slight inconsistency, but I think Riful was impaled five times because of her overall size.

The first time they showed her awaken (when they tortured Jean), that whole castle collapsed.

What looked even more ambiguous was the frame featuring Alice afterwards. My first impression was that she was dashing Riful rather than simply evading, which means next month might show Riful being caught off-guard like she was with the shrapnel.

On the other hand though, I can't decide of both dodging AND attacking at the same time would be too much for even the twins.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Tue, 08-04-2009 at 04:05 AM.

Looks like the organization ultimate weapon might turn on them too.

i'm glad Rifu is still alive and hoping that it stays that way.

One thing i've been wondering all this time is how Priscilla would compare to all these new crazy strong enemies. We already know that she is much stronger than Isley, but he got taken out rather easily by abyssal feeder. It would be interesting to see Priscilla fight the Rafaela/Luciela creature.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Holy shit! So these things cannot die from injuries, fire projectiles from pretty much everywhere AND infect the things they hit with those projectiles? If that isn't bad enough either Beth OR Alicia is now being infected. ( I can never tell those two apart )

Strange that the awakened one killed the Abyss Feeders to protect Rifull.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon
    Looks like the organization ultimate weapon might turn on them too.

i'm glad Rifu is still alive and hoping that it stays that way.

One thing i've been wondering all this time is how Priscilla would compare to all these new crazy strong enemies. We already know that she is much stronger than Isley, but he got taken out rather easily by abyssal feeder. It would be interesting to see Priscilla fight the Rafaela/Luciela creature.
    Well, if not mistaken Isley was already weakened by the time they got to him. Also, he was a fool that waited to use his full power until it was too late.

it's beth who was infected, and in the words of the chapter: violated.

pretty problematic, this entire shit.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin
    Holy shit! So these things cannot die from injuries, fire projectiles from pretty much everywhere AND infect the things they hit with those projectiles? If that isn't bad enough either Beth OR Alicia is now being infected. ( I can never tell those two apart )

Strange that the awakened one killed the Abyss Feeders to protect Rifull.
    Like DBZ said, it was Beth. Or should be. I'm pretty sure they mentioned they're equally capable of switching places, just that it's usually Alicia who does the work.

I'm not so sure about proteching Riful, on the other hand. It depends on who's controlling Alicia at the time. Is it Beth and what remains of her control over her twin, or is it the "Awakened Alicia's" mind?

If it was Beth, then she must have realised her sister was awakening, and would become a future target of the organization. She'd have killed the Abyssal ones then on purpose, perhaps even thinking of pairing her up with Riful.

If it was Alicia, I'm not so sure if the decision was conscious. Perhaps she's simply dicing up anything she sees that she can dice up, or consciously distinguished them and Riful as foe and friend.

It was my understanding that Beth (no. 2) was the one preventing Alicia (no. 1) from Awakening. Alicia has always been the one who awakens if I recall correctly. With Beth dead, or otherwise corrupted, Alicia has no one to hold her back to sanity. She's just going to Awaken as a new Abyssal One, who may or may not be allied with Riful, at least temporarily.

Beth usually controls Alicia while she's berserk, it is the only way to keep Alicia from enjoying it so much that she awakens anyway. Something like Beth takes in the souls of both, and it's only possible because they are twins.

Feeders feed on awakened
    The tower is an awakened, isn't it.
    If the doublet Beth/Alicia is infected, once under control they will of course attack feeders to protect their puppet master.

At least that's how I see things.

That manga is getting pretty messed up.
    We've had a long time period of training/hiding etc.
    And now, things are really getting messy. Let's see how it turns out to be.