Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    And is it just me or does Priscilla seem to be in her adult form instead of her small childlike form? And I am sure that scent that she was following was Easley. But still....how freaking strong is Priscilla if she can take on the awakened nr 1 with no problems?

EDIT: And yes she was eating bits of her. If you promised not to feed on humans then what better alternative is there then a Awakened/AB?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin
    And is it just me or does Priscilla seem to be in her adult form instead of her small childlike form? And I am sure that scent that she was following was Easley. But still....how freaking strong is Priscilla if she can take on the awakened nr 1 with no problems?
    I thought she meant Raki at first, but it makes more sense for her to be referring to Easley. I guess those Abysmal Eaters carried the scent of their last meal with them. And she's in her adult form alright.

It's surprising that Beth was still controlling Alicia even in that state. Granted, she did reduce Alicia's youki to make it easier to handle, but any sort of conscious thought in that "thing" was unexpected.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Great chapter, I was hoping for a miracle save for Riful and Duph since their relationship is better and more interesting than Claire and Raki.

Just a reminder that Teresa was strong enough to tear apart an Awakened Number 1 with her bare hands without releasing her Youki very much. It only makes sense that Priscilla when she is trying would beat the unholy fuckin' hell out of one of the Abyssal Ones being that she had power that could surpass Teresa. The manga has constantly been leaving reminders that the supposedly unstoppable power of the Abyssal Ones is just relative to the tiny world the characters have lived in so far. The Organization wanted an entire ARMY of weapons like Alicia and Beth after all.

Chapter 98

Franky-House

MediaFire | OneManga

Watching Priscilla just push Alicia's head off was pretty awesome.

I can't help but wonder where this series is going anymore though. The last few chapters have felt a bit disjointed. Priscilla coming back almost seems too sudden, since they just introduced the Eaters and it never really felt like the storyline with Clarice and Miata was resolved. The Galatea part of it, but not the pair themselves after they knew more of the truth.

I'm starting to dislike this manga. Priscilla is WAY too strong. Everything is extremely disjointed and the pacing has been terrible. I don't see how this manga is ever going to conclude much less show how Claire is going to make progress now.

There's something really touching about seeing a claymore knowingly awaken with no way back and seeing an infected monster cry for her sister. They never talked, but they didn't really need to.

In retrospect I agree that the pacing has changed, but since it comes out once a month, I barely remember the last chapter enough to see a difference when I'm reading it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the story went back to a bit more reasonable pace and progress once this mega battle is over. Of course we might get some general Priscilla development as well but then again, maybe not. I suppose it also depends on whether she actually has a goal or if she wants to claim poor Raki back from the organization. All in all I'd like to see more of Claire. At least she did make a short appearance in this chapter, starting to recognize Priscilla's youki. She hasn't been too interested in finding Raki lately, though. Poor Raki. He has apparently been doing nothing but trying to find her and keep Priscilla from eating people.

Chapter 99

Last edited by Marik; Mon, 12-28-2009 at 12:24 AM. Reason: OM added it, finally.

Man, Priscilla is incredible... huge cliffhanger damnit.

I suppose it can sit with me if Riful is taken down by Priscilla. I wouldn't be able to hack it if it was Beth/Alice.

I suppose she at the deformed villagers, since I can't imagine proper humans being "not very tasty" for her. Anyway, that sure explains her powerup after all those years then.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I suppose it can sit with me if Riful is taken down by Priscilla. I wouldn't be able to hack it if it was Beth/Alice.

I suppose she at the deformed villagers, since I can't imagine proper humans being "not very tasty" for her. Anyway, that sure explains her powerup after all those years then.
    What explains her powerup? Hasn't she always been this strong? I don't think we have a point of comparison since we haven't really seen anything of Priscilla since she killed Teressa and she was already considered a monster even by the Abysmal Ones before the Battle of the North, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    What explains her powerup? Hasn't she always been this strong? I don't think we have a point of comparison since we haven't really seen anything of Priscilla since she killed Teressa and she was already considered a monster even by the Abysmal Ones before the Battle of the North, so...
    http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/81/21/

^ Raki thinks Pricilla's shrunken due to lack of feeding, but I suppose there hasn't been anything to suggest a relationship between feeding and power maintenance. Ever since they moved onto Awakens who don't really kill to eat, the topic was kind of dropped.

Oh alright, I see. So maybe not a powerup, but a return to form?

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    Oh alright, I see. So maybe not a powerup, but a return to form?
    Yeah. . .

This is the third chapter in a row that is pretty much nothing but Priscilla owning the shit out of whoever she feels like, and the next chapter pretty much has to be more of the same (until she is somehow driven off or retreats, possibly due to sensing Teresa's aura or whatever on Clare). I'm cool with treading water for these chapters to reach a big development at 100, since I guess killing the shit out of everybody counts as tying up plot threads.

Blog Entries
    Chapter 100

I wonder what that last line meant, not being able to awaken

Clare and the others have been suppressing their yoki for so long, perhaps they are no longer even capable of Awakening. They may have passed a threshold where their power has equalized, but no longer presents a corrupting danger to them.

Either that or Teresa actively suppressed Clare's Awakening with her own yoki, as other claymores have done for Clare in the past (and Clare herself has done to others in turn).

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Chapter 100

I wonder what that last line meant, not being able to awaken

It seems like Pricillia's surprised that Clare didn't awaken.

To me it meant "Weren't you supposed to awaken?"

Clare's been pretty close to awakening before, and this is probably the closest, talking in terms of "distance to awakening", rather than "likelihood".

I'm hypothesizing that it has to do with Clare being made from a claymore and not a proper yoma. The only real side effects we've seen are a weaker beginning and fluctuating power. The inability to awaken completely (being reverted back when you hit the "line") may be another attribute.

It's always a possibility that Pricilla brought her back with yoki manipulation to question her some more, but it seemed like she was ready to kill her anyway. And I doubt she's afraid of some "weakling" awakening, though some unconscious fear of this "scent" powering up could have pressured her into doing it.(unlikely, as her facial expression doesn't hint that)

I'm still rather annoyed that Priscilla is this strong. Sure it makes for a good antagonist I guess, but it makes the progression of the main character seem faraway, and when it does happen it'll be ridiculous.