Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

Volume 8

Don't know if the scan's are any good since it's a group other than the one we're used to (Manga-Sketchbook).

Edit: It's actually a scanlation project, which unlike M-S does not just scan the english licensed releases. Nice, a group thats scanning the raws finally! One bad thing about them is, sometimes text goes outside the bubble, and some bubbles are left untranslated, with the japanese words still in them.

We learn a lot of new information, and lotsa fighting. This was a great volume, as to be expected.
    Last edited by animus; Sun, 05-06-2007 at 05:47 PM.

Most of the untranslated bubbles are all sound effects, and most of those towards the effect of "shaa" for sword swings, or "haa" for Clare being out of breath while fighting.

A very interesting turn of events. Priscilla isn't even as strong as we thought she was. That awakened beings even have a society is shocking enough, much less that they are beginning a war with each other, using Claymores as troops and leaving everything else in the middle.

Always nice to see Galatea again too. I wondered when we'd see her again after they mentioned she was the 3rd ranked.

Galatea reminds me of Teresa somehow, she also always seems to be smiling while fighting.

I thought Galatea was kinda lackluster since she is ranked 3rd. However, she was fighting the awakened servant of an Abyssal one, so I guess we have to give her credit.

At some points I was thinking she was toying with him just to see how Clare would react and such.

Claymore Volume 9

Fuck yes! Another volume already out?! Bliss.

Finaly. All out war. I wander if someone will save Claymores.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Claymore Volume 9

Fuck yes! Another volume already out?! Bliss.
    Can someone upload it to sendspace by any chance, I can't torrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    Can someone upload it to sendspace by any chance, I can't torrent.
    I got you. Here you go:

Volume 9 Sendspace

What a kickass storyline. I didn't expect a reunion to happen so quickly. Plus I like how the story keeps upping its ante. Awakened Ones? Abysmal Ones? Intrigues of the organization? Now I want the next volume by tomorrow. This scanslation group better not be creating any false hope...

Great thanks...

Another great volume, and I can't wait for volume 10... An all-out war is always a winner. The situation really looks bad at the moment, I really do think the chances of winning are zero. I expect some sort of retreat by some of them. I also think some of these well known Claymores are being setup to die, especially Jean... She'll probably throw her life away to save Clare in the middle of this war.

Okay, according to Mangaupdates Volume 10 is released, but I have no idea how to get it. There was no DL link provided like there was for the last 2, and there's no site, email, or irc channel. Bah.

Yeah, I've been looking for it everywhere and I can't find it.

Nice! I found it, I jumped onto the baka-updates irc channel and asked Stealth, thanks to him for providing the link.

Claymore Volume 10

Another great volume, lots of action...

So Raki is travelling with Priscilla and Isley, I was hoping Raki would learn some sword fighting techniques from him, though it shouldn't be too late yet. That Lion King yoma is great, killing all the commanders easily.

Yea a really great volume. Did Priscilla like, de-age or something? And yeah, Raki might finally become useful, and Rigald was totally overpowering. He destroyed Flora in like half a second.

No, she didn't... just lost her memory. It has been explained before that Claymores age very slowly, so the aging process is not evident in her. It's wierd seeing her with dark hair though, but Riful also seemed to not have that blonde hair of Claymores.

No, she didn't... just lost her memory. It has been explained before that Claymores age very slowly, so the aging process is not evident in her. It's wierd seeing her with dark hair though, but Riful also seemed to not have that blonde hair of Claymores.
    No I don't mean that, didn't Priscilla like, look older and taller? In one of the pictures where you see Isley, Raki, and then Priscilla in the middle, she's shorter than Raki. Oh well, maybe I just have a bad memory and she was always like that, and her memory regression just gave her a more kiddish feel.

Hmm, well, Priscilla and Riful are both awakened ones, greater than any human or yoma or sum thereof. So, it wouldn't go beyond reason to say that awakened ones possess all the abilities a normal yoma would have, one of them being able to cast the appearance of a normal human.

EDIT: Pity, Isley would've left a greater impression with me had he the face of, oh, Kitano Seiichiro of Angel Densetsu~
    Last edited by bagandscalpel; Wed, 05-09-2007 at 06:52 AM.

KIMOCHI~II

Awesome chapter, it's good to see so many Claymore's in the one battle and getting carved up, especially now since the Lion King guy jumped in, he doesn't want to take weaklings only the stronger ones. That seems like it may be his down fall with under estimating. Also seems like the Claymore's aren't going to last too much longer, and with an Isley around the corner, it certainly doesn't. Will be nice to see the reaction from the Organisation as they still have many more members that they can use for this

It will be good to see Raki getting some training from Isley and then later on find out it's the one Clare wants to take out, should be a nice reaction, showdown and reunion.