Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

[MangaStream] Claymore c.135: SendSpace | MediaFire | Online Viewing

Chapter 136

[MangaStream] Claymore c.136: SendSpace | MediaFire | Online Viewing

Blog Entries

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    So...since those three claymore got resurrected with that help of that hand of Priscilla. And now it overrides their personality and eventually they also become Priscilla? Well shit.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    So...since those three claymore got resurrected with that help of that hand of Priscilla. And now it overrides their personality and eventually they also become Priscilla? Well shit.
    Yeah.

And now I'm failing to see what the point of all this is. Pricilla wasn't in need of a powerup or anything.. now they just had to make her god.

Then there's that speech about offensive/defensive types, but the hatred of youma ends up enhancing regeneration.. ??

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Then there's that speech about offensive/defensive types, but the hatred of youma ends up enhancing regeneration.. ??
    After this chapter I'm inclined to think that hatred could as well be called willpower or single-minded faith in their purpose. Regeneration itself seems to be recreation, or to be more specific, turning their will (imagination) into a physical form. I guess regular awakened beings, let alone claymores, aren't insane enough to be able to pull off such recreation, perhaps because they subconsciously think it shouldn't be possible. But once you get insane enough, there are no inhibitions.

Looks like the yoma are spiritual beings, unrestricted by flesh. So, they can take any shape at will. In fact it has made sense from the beginning since the first lousy yoma were petty monsters that took the shape of a person and infiltrated human societies. For some reason they just never went much farther than that. Maybe it's due to the organization.

I thought they explained earlier that Youma didn't actually transform into humans, but rather the parasite invades the human's mind and controls them until they've had their fill and feel like going to a new host.

At this point I'm not all that fond of the whole Pricilla storyline anymore, and would rather they move onto the bigger picture of figuring out how the claymores would fit in with the war that's been waging.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Tue, 03-05-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: deleting redundant words

Looks like Priscilla just awakened the Izanagi-power of her Mangekyou Sharingan :/

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I thought they explained earlier that Youma didn't actually transform into humans, but rather the parasite invades the human's mind and controls them until they've had their fill and feel like going to a new host.
    Oh. I was remembering it was the other way around. It has been too long and with only a chapter a month, I forget what little I might otherwise remember. Well, then my theory isn't worth so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It has been too long and with only a chapter a month, I forget what little I might otherwise remember.
    Pretty much sums up how I feel.

But about the whole Priscilla parasitic cell division cloning thing; I think its just so claire and those people have a battle with mini priscilla that will put them on the same page as the actual Priscilla or at least close enough not to get curb stomped immediately.

[MangaStream] Claymore c.137: SendSpace | MediaFire | Online Viewing

Good to see those lazy bugger male awakened ones got finally down to business. Let's hope they won't die too quickly. They seemed like jolly fellows when they were chatting with Raki.

Kinda sucks that the old fart spoils the outcome of the battle between Priscilla and whatshername.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Good to see those lazy bugger male awakened ones got finally down to business. Let's hope they won't die too quickly. They seemed like jolly fellows when they were chatting with Raki.
    Now you pinpoint something I didn't yet realize, that manga needs some humor/comedy. Not too much, but sometimes it could do some good.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

chapter 138 is out, and yet another super powerful awakened being (abysmal? is there anything in this manga that would make the whole world shit it its' pants right now?) is out for a fight.

I actually really want them to leave the island and go fight the war on the maineland. a bit of world exploring, a chance to fight stuff that won't decimate the earth any other moment, a bit less 'fight for our lives!' drama and more 'what are we doing in our lives!' vibe.

Chapter 138 - Mangastream

-------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by DBZ
    I actually really want them to leave the island and go fight the war on the maineland. a bit of world exploring, a chance to fight stuff that won't decimate the earth any other moment, a bit less 'fight for our lives!' drama and more 'what are we doing in our lives!' vibe.
    I was hoping for that too as soon as they mentioned the greater world and that "killing youma because they eat us" wasn't the final meaning to this story after all. Right now it's just about people who get apeshit strong and want to kill each other because they are hungry/angry/retaliating.

Regarding the chapter, "the one I spat out" -> I'm guessing they're referring to the parasitic life-form (I do remember it plunging into Duff I think, after all).
    However, I thought the order of events was:

-Parasite sucked up Pricilla/Claire
    -They all turned into a giant ball
    -Claire emerged after hearing Raki
    -Form took the shape of Pricilla.

And as for Cassandra being under the control of Pricilla, I'm going to assume it was because the organisation used the arm from Raki's back to reanimate them. I don't remember getting a proper explanation for it.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Tue, 05-07-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Too many too powerful monsters at the moment for my liking. It´s a problem, too, because the only way for our main heroines to do something significant here is to introduce some bullshit deus-ex-machina powers, because not even half-awakening should grant Claire and the others enough power to fight on even ground with those Abyssals.

Also, Priscilla isn´t gonna lose here, so please stop dragging out this fight. Not that I want the other monster girl (forgot the name of Duffy´s mistress) to die, but that´s just how it is. Priscilla has main character shield :>

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Well Claire has gone way beyond half awakening. She pretty much awakened fully before going back. Arms and legs were already awakened. None of the others have done that yet so that's their ticket to a power up I suppose

I wouldn't mind if they half-awakened and then used real tactics and intelligence to beat Cassandra as a group. Many vs one should still make a difference, and it would be more believable than any one of them acquiring some never seen before uber power state to beat an abyssal alone and then be able to return to the normal human form.

I reckon the last fight against Priscilla will require Raki. The awakened dudes earlier suggested that much to him.

Chapter 140

[MangaStream] Claymore c.140: Box | SendSpace | Online Viewing