Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

I don't think so.
    the entire claymore island is a lab to create stable 'soldiers', if the organization had them already, then there wouldn't be any point to it.

they are a different 'race' of people, or something. not so different if a member from the enemy fraction can infiltrate them (Ruvel), but still live longer than normal humans.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Blog Entries
    I had to double check to believe i had just read 29 pages...

What's with this bleachy back and forth nonsense? Finish the business with Claire, then move on to Miria

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    I don't think so.
    the entire claymore island is a lab to create stable 'soldiers', if the organization had them already, then there wouldn't be any point to it.

they are a different 'race' of people, or something. not so different if a member from the enemy fraction can infiltrate them (Ruvel), but still live longer than normal humans.
    Had what already?

The organisation moved onto experimenting with weaker, female claymores because they were actually controllable, while male soldiers had a 100% chance of awakening.

If Rakki was a specimen that was able to achieve stability, or may controllability (since that parasite that infects him is supposed to interact with the host's control), then it gives them reason to experiment again on males to find their ultimate weapon.

They mightn't have moved onto manufacturing any other male claymores yet, but if Rakki turned out successful, he would definitely be worthy of being called their trump card.

These twins were foreshadowed when we saw the organisation pick them up a dozen or so chapters back. From memory, the only other pick-up the organisation made was Rakki.

I agree with Ark here. I thought I missed a few chapters when I read this. A linear story isn't at all bad.

(And even with a scar across her face, Galatea is still the hottest claymore around. )

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Had what already?
    A. the men in black, the organization runners, are members of one of the fractions battling outside the island.
    B. the claymore operation is an experiment to create stable soldiers to fight against awakened being like creatures who exist on the battlefield.
    C. the MIB decided that males aren't suitable (so far) to this stage of the experiment.
    D. if the MIB were male claymores, then they wouldn't need to research anymore into creating stable soldiers.

the MIB are probably battle scientist, they might have some battle ability, but we have seen that they can't fight even a normal claymore.

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Considering Raki's background, I don't see how he could be any sort of trump card. Assuming he was succesful in battling the parasitic infection, he would still be himself and probably dislike the organization. Assuming he lost the battle he's nothing but a monster. Either way he would more likely fight the organization than anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    A. the men in black, the organization runners, are members of one of the fractions battling outside the island.
    B. the claymore operation is an experiment to create stable soldiers to fight against awakened being like creatures who exist on the battlefield.
    C. the MIB decided that males aren't suitable (so far) to this stage of the experiment.
    D. if the MIB were male claymores, then they wouldn't need to research anymore into creating stable soldiers.
    I'm confused (not as to the content of your post(s), but the intent of it).

I'm hypothesising that the organisation only has ONE male claymore: Rakki.

It's a single, accidentally created specimen that currently yields the best results. Because of its nature, they haven't found a way to re-create another male claymore yet, or even know what factors or attributes need to be considered when making one. Hence, the research is still in progress (and he is their trump card).

edit: oh, you were responding to David's claymore"S"

I get you now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Assuming he lost the battle he's nothing but a monster.
    Or is he?

It's unclear as to whether those parasites have individual "minds", or whether they're puppets, or something that requires feedback from the main body to function.

Now that the main mass is dead (I'm assuming Clare absorbed it in return or something), those things have no reception. Where does that lead us?

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Yeah now that I think about it he could very well be a trump card. I mean since normal claymores are claymores because of normal Yoma flesh. Abyss easters become like that with flesh of a awakened. Now Rakki gets infected with something that becomes a awakened being on its own. ( think it did that ) Since he somehow managed to survive that infection he could very well become the first claymore with the flesh of an awakened without losing himself completely.

not buying this.
    Raki is a lucky accident, he's a human who can fight youma and somehow resisted infection of an unknown source. he's a great experiment subject, that many crazy museum MIB would like to run tests on, but he isn't something that can be reproduced on a major scale (not in the near future, at the very least).

the organization had two directions, one is the twins; the other is the zombies.
    maybe they decided that simply abducting twins was too troublesome, so they started 'birthing' twins and threeins of their own, using some sort of twisted egg fertilizing and surrogate mothers to create 'chains' of twins.strings of girls in the same age with the same genetic makeup, that can all entrust their 'reason' into one twin in a far away location (brain in jar) and have several awakened beings working together without the threat of them turning on them.

or maybe they improved the zombies, although I can't imagine how.

anyway, they're looking for something that they can create in masses, not just any lucky guy with shonen heart power.

Chapter 107

mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire | SendSpace | Online Viewing
    Last edited by Marik; Fri, 09-03-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    Damn. Miria was a pretty cool character.. but even I started to think she was getting too strong (and overshadowed our other main characters).

My main problem with these new villians/numbers is that they have no personality, and come as a pretty boring roadblock for our protagonists. Giant statue, AB feeders, Alice/Beth, Twins, Genjutsu-user...

I really wanted to like that chapter, but I couldn't.

This manga is starting to fall further and further into the depths of mediocrity and overused tropes.

damit, Miria deserved a better ending then that,,
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Well there goes my favorite Claymore.....

Well, Im glad the manga still has the nerves to kill of strong/well-built up characters. Thatīs what I loved about the beginning of Claymore (the part the anime covered), that nobody seemed to have a plot-shield.

Of course, sucks that it had to be Miria.

And I agree on the faceless enemies. The beginning of the series did a great job at giving a lot of charisma to each villain, be it that Male Awakened, or the crazy Claymore that wanted to kill Claire. And this Genjutsu-shit reaaaally felt off. sigh

More heartless, gruesome, hopeless situations, less Dragonball-esque fights and filler-ish enemies please.

Chapter 108

mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire | SendSpace | Online Viewing

Any chapter with Galatea is a good chapter.

She's so goddamn sexy.

Blog Entries
    Any chapter with Galatea is a good chapter.

She's so goddamn sexy.
    Creepy

And not much of a chapter, who cares about nobodies battling other nobodies? I want my Claire back.

And I want my Miria back...

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Creepy

And not much of a chapter, who cares about nobodies battling other nobodies? I want my Claire back.
    The sexiest claymore alive isn't a nobody.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    And I want my Miria back...
    Her lack of main character powers might mean she's dead.
    The sexiest claymore alive isn't a nobody.
    As if the title of sexiest claymore means much, 80% of them look weird as all hell.