Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

Jounin
    The last chapter, on the last page says continued 5 month or Month of May. :P

I doubt an article is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill
    The last chapter, on the last page says continued 5 month or Month of May. :P

I doubt an article is needed.

went back to confirm that and noticed something, may have been a mistake but still. did anyone else notice in the last panel galatea's scars are gone from her eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist
    went back to confirm that and noticed something, may have been a mistake but still. did anyone else notice in the last panel galatea's scars are gone from her eyes?
    You're right, but I don't think it's a mistake... maybe it's to show the contrast of her getting healed and the Awakened getting destroyed.

franky's release of Claymore 79
    http://www.franky-house.com/forums/s...241#post114241

About this chapter WOWOWOWOWOW................

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Yes, wow...

Claymore is going to become epic!

Hm, this answers where all the previous generations of Claymores went, looks like they didn't all die out.

I don't think anyone actully read that translation before typesetting it...

Anyway Miria's revelation was something that has been suspected for a while, but I'm surprised she knew that much yet never bothered to share before. I hope Galatea and Clarice (just for Chibi Monster) will join up. Them vs Alicia and Beth or Isley and Priscilla would be awesome to see.

I groaned a bit when I heard Miria's explanation that yoma were from "some other world." Not another twisted sci-fi plot made to look like a fantasy series....

...But luckily they saved it by saying their "world" was a huge island set some distance off the mainland. Not only does it make a lot more sense, it's a far more interesting plot. Colossal-scale experiments are always a plus in my book.

I have to wonder how much of this Isley and Riful know about. Or do they even care?

I doubt Isley is knows, since he was rather happy about making Priscilla the dominant power. Riful might be clued in depending on what she wanted a Yoma-sensing ally for.

On another note, it seems less likely now that the band of seven are going to lose any members anytime soon. Cynthia was the prime target but now that she's fallen into a "healer" role she's more defined.

The translation... I think the combination of a two-month wait and Golden Week blacking out releases from most other series brought about such a high level of manga withdrawal from fans that even the scanlation team busted this thing out in half a day, damn the QA.
    Last edited by Augury; Sun, 05-04-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: grammar

I don't really care for Clarice, but I hope they recruit that little baddass Miata.

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Wow, really interesting development. I wouldn't have guessed that was the case at all before this chapter. I think Argury is right, and if the mangaka does a good job, it could become a story that is truly epic in scale.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist
    guess i was right on that being a mistake sigh

cool. there's always a bigger fish in the monster pond.

Claymore 80 is out, currently only on MT, but I will look for a link for you lamewads who hate filling out a form one time.

P.S. He's back...

Edit here's a 45 mb version -> Claymore c80 Note: Terrible font.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Fri, 06-06-2008 at 07:11 PM.

The translation on the version from MT is really awkward...doesn't flow at all. It actually makes it really hard to follow some of Miria's speech. The rest is much better.

I have to assume the young girl with Raki is Priscilla...but unless Raki got as tall as Duff, it just doesn't seem like her. I don't think she was that short.

I wonder if they are hunting Riful. Why else would they be headed west?

Raki is badass now... not like we all didn't expect it. A little bit of a stretch a think though.

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

good chapter...alot of information given, though quite a bit was things we already knew. But still, a fun chapter. Raki's fight at the end was also nice..i like his character design.

Its hard to tell with the black and white, but does raki have silver hair now? it seems that way, which would suggest he's a claymore as well. he is wielding a claymore (sword), and can hold his own against yoma.

As for the little girl, it probably is priscilla, unless he found someone else in the 7 years he was with Aisley. But that brings up another question....if he's been with aisley and priscilla that long, he has to know who/what they are. So did he just accept this, or has he been kept in the dark all this time....aisley wouldn't tell him and teach him and let him live all this time unless he had a plan for him. Or maybe its just for pricsilla's sake.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    good chapter...alot of information given, though quite a bit was things we already knew. But still, a fun chapter. Raki's fight at the end was also nice..i like his character design.

Its hard to tell with the black and white, but does raki have silver hair now? it seems that way, which would suggest he's a claymore as well. he is wielding a claymore (sword), and can hold his own against yoma.

As for the little girl, it probably is priscilla, unless he found someone else in the 7 years he was with Aisley. But that brings up another question....if he's been with aisley and priscilla that long, he has to know who/what they are. So did he just accept this, or has he been kept in the dark all this time....aisley wouldn't tell him and teach him and let him live all this time unless he had a plan for him. Or maybe its just for pricsilla's sake.
    Well, Miria's intel clearly changed the idea of good and bad related to the claymore world.
    Aisley may well be the one to give new balance to this world and needs Miria, Claire and the others for that goal. Raki probably is the link needed to make it possible.

We felt it before, but more and more the Organisation is the true evil to be fought... because they use that land only for test purposes and do not care about population there.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Chapter 80 (10sigh)
    Actual links: MF SS MU

This version should be a lot better.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin

If you compare clair/deneve/miria's and so on hair, they're drawn in pure white.
    Clarice and Raki have color in them.
    So Raki may not be a claymore male, or he is a very little percentage like Clarice could be?

I repeat myself, but Raki could well be an experiment made by Isley.
    I do not think he could be so quick with pure training and no devil blood, although is armor seems to be very though.
    As for his sword, it is different from a claymore in shape, so it's hard to tell the specs of it. Good enough to cut a youma, but is it as heavy as a Claymore?

Should Raki have some yoma blood, he could be after much power-ups the caliber of Claire, or become the ideal fighter, being able to go on the verge of awakening and be able to turn back.
    We'll see.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I expect the reaction would have been very different from the townspeople if Raki had any yoma parts in him. They were saying things like, "He's just a man, and he defeated yoma without being a Claymore. OMGZ!" and the yoma itself obviously sensed no Yoki out of him with the line, "It's as if he is a Claymore."

Not to mention that Raki used the little girl to point out the yoma. If he had any Yoki from anything, he'd have been able to tell on his own.

Isely just trained the hell out of him, and Raki developed armor and sword fighting methods from that training that would allow him to win every time.