Thread: Manga: Claymore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just finished reading this and I'm enjoying it, although, it pains me to get another manga I like and need to wait for.

As with what some people who said, it does remind me of a Berserk feel, mainly because of the era it's in, and killing and Yoma, etc.

Will be waiting for more releases, hopefully soon.

Volume 5 is out for those interested.

Humm, no one read volume 5? Well time for some more kickass action.

Volume 6:
    http://mangatracker.kicks-ass.net:69...967d1a43750490

I just read all 6 volumes in a single night, loved it. The parallels with Berserk are pretty obvious, since the theme of both is the same, becoming a monster to slay monsters. I really liked the flashback with Theresa resulting in Clare's voluntary joining. Seeing Priscilla kill Theresa during a moment of mercy was particularly sad. Even though you kind of had to expect it, the abruptness of it is as shocking to the readers as it is to the characters. Now with the 4 "Slashers" all semi-awakened, we'll see a lot more Claymores trying to kill each other.

Ophelia is one evil bitch though. Can't wait for volume 7.

I think I might pick up the Viz copies of this. It's going to be a long wait until April though.

Well, just finished reading Volume 6, and I have to say that it was an awesome volume, just like the others.

Can't wait to see more of Ophelia, I really liked her character.

I've also been thinking, do you think that Raki will become a male Claymore? We've learned that they are capable of being made, so I thought it may be a possibility if things start to get too ugly for Clare and such. They're very unstable, but who knows, Raki is a main character so he'll probably be able to handle it. I know I would like to see it myself, don't want him to be a weakass character throughout the whole story. If not, he should really go through some rigorous training and become a very good fighter.

I think Raki is more of a conscience for Clare. His situation is almost identical to Clare's and Theresa, slowly humanizing her, and bringing her back from almost losing everything. He's meant as a scale in which to rate herself against, and how far she's deviated from being human. I don't really think anything will become of him. He'll probably train and become skilled with a sword at most, but I don't see him ever becoming anything more than human.

I would really like to see Clare fight more like Theresa. We know she really doesn't have the total power, but after he present semi-awakened state, I'd like to see her almost never use her yoma powers, like Theresa did.

I'd also like to see more of the other top 5 member, the one who could sense yoma power from really far away (I forgot her name already). She seemed to have a demeanor closer Theresa and Clare as of late.

The big mystery is what number 6 found out about the organization, and why it's so important that the Claymores never find out.

More than that Claymore, I'm more intrigue by the guy that was with her with his faced covered up. The one who's supposedly the parent of the Claymores or something.

I really like where this is heading. I want to see a good solid group of warriors get together and simply be the enemy of everyone... The Yoma, the Awakened Beings, and the organization. I'm pretty sure that the importan secret that number 6 found has to do with something of the origin of Yomas, and the role of the organization with it.

Also, I didn't think that Clare would be such a low-ranked Claymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    Can't wait to see more of Ophelia, I really liked her character.
    This alone has riveted my attention. I will start reading it to see what's up. (My real name is really close to that Shakespeare version).

edit: read Volume 1 and I'm totally hooked. Next time I post here is when I catch up =P
    Last edited by Honoko; Thu, 04-12-2007 at 08:08 PM.

Volume 7

It's a torrent, there wasn't any DDL or an XDCC up.

Edit: Wow, that was a good volume. The author also did a good job on emphasizing how weak Claire was/is.
    Last edited by animus; Tue, 04-17-2007 at 01:40 PM.