Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My 3D Mech Works

i really like the front view, the head has an awesome design
    -----------------

Thanks! But I shouldn't take credit for the design.
    @Psyke: Will do.

Edit: removed the broken links from xs.to
    Last edited by Illrenmazou; Tue, 02-16-2010 at 03:32 AM.

Really nice! I've finally found enough time to restart what I started learning on 3ds Max. Still only just figuring the basic stuff, but hopefully I can start doing what you're doing soon.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

EDIT: removed the broken links from xs.to
    Last edited by Illrenmazou; Tue, 02-16-2010 at 03:33 AM.

good stuff, really STOP using sketchup >_<, you have a lot of talent thats essentially being wasted atm.
    -----------------

It's been a while. I have finished the Daeg Hagal more than a month ago, sorry for not posting this earlier:

And here's an RX-78-2 model, my entry for the SketchUp Challenge #68

Usually, it takes me 2-4 months to create a decent model, sometimes even more. But the challenge has a time constrain of 3 weeks so I must pick a simple MS design. The Alex (War in the Pocket) and Ground type Gundam (8th MS Team) crossed my mind but since 2009 is the franchise' 30th anniversary, I think the RX-78-2 is the most fitting choice.

I'm not going to say it again, move on to a different modeling package, you've got talent, and I really like your own designs but for the past updates I really haven't seen you improve that much.
    And I blame Sketchup for that.

Anyway nice job on the rx-78
    -----------------

Awesome. I'm still stuck with my 3DS Max tutorials and don't have the time to work on it more......
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Rendered using Hypershot:

Turntable Animation:

Yeah, I'm still using SketchUp

Finally, I gave up on Max after a long hiatus. Decided to try out Sketch up instead. Can you animate in Sketch up? Or do we need a separate program?

SketchUp does not have a full fledged animation feature. There was a separate program for it called Antics but development and distribution ceased last year.
    Current WIP: an FMP! wallpaper. Still working on the BG.

P.S. Sorry for the late reply

My 3D Mech Works

awesome works man : those workshops sure are a catalyst for artistic development. love the soldiers it looks as though youve walked in onesboots for a day... and want to do it again

Thanks man

Some new renders I made.

I'm currently working on the M6 Bushnel, the predecessor of the M9 Gernsback

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    wow, they look really great... all 5 are really well done and cool

I accidentally discovered this thread and I must say props!

OT but FMP is probably right on top of my list of mangas/novels that must have new seasons in anime.

The final novel will be out some time this year.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-being-written
    Maybe we'll get some news regarding a new anime season when it comes out.

Blog Entries
    I've only recently began to follow the Full Metal Panic series and after completing second raid i can see why you're a fan

Also hoping for a third ( fourth? ) season soon, can't wait to see what Arbalest is fully capable of in the hands of a proper pilot

Many apologies to the OP of this thread if I am taking this way off topic. What I really like about the anime is the fact that it captures the struggles of Sagara really well. His fears of underperforming and thus his friends dying, ah I am not going to ruin it for other people. But I love this show quite a lot and have gone ahead and purchased whatever novels that were translated to English from Tokyo Pop (there were 3) and all I can say is...NEED MORE! I am totally with you Archangel about the 3rd and 4th seasons

Did I say great job on the mecha renders already?