Page 23 of 159 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

I'll watch it~
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

"Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

at what point did fictional cartoon characters become a threat? this is what happens when you introduce "narootoe" to idiotic american kids.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    fictional cartoon characters
    lol wut?

Ninjas did actually exist in Japan, you know. They're not a complete fabrication of Masashi Kishimoto.

And despite how silly the whole thing is, a school has to take precautions for everything for the sake of safety. If they see a guy sneaking around the playground carrying weapons and dressed like Ronald McDonald they have to assume it's a nutcase, and act accordingly. The fact that it was just some lost dumbass is what makes it funny.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Dang, I didn't think mods would talk to each other that way in public. I like these new mods.

Xan is right though, the school has to act in this case, if for no other reason than the liability that could ensue if something happened due to their inaction. Look at the VTU killings. People were looking for someone to blame because the school didn't go on lockdown after reports of the first two killings. Like they could know the guy was a psycho looking to strike again, rather than just an isolated incident. Mind you, I'm not saying it's right, it is what it is.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

roflmao Xan. Yeah, the first thing I thought when I read that title was 'It a pedo!'

Your description actually sounds pretty badass, but I'm sure in reality, It'd be terrifying.

PS - I watched Sora no Iro.. and it was AWESOME!!! Hilariously awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    roflmao Xan. Yeah, the first thing I thought when I read that title was 'It a pedo!'

Your description actually sounds pretty badass, but I'm sure in reality, It'd be terrifying.

PS - I watched Sora no Iro.. and it was AWESOME!!! Hilariously awesome.
    You mean the hentai?

Kid gets decapitated by a roller coaster

Dumbass kid sneaks into a theme park, after climbing 2 six-foot high fences and several warning signs, only to try and grab a kid's foot on a passing roller coaster and have his head whacked off.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Yeah I saw that on the news last night. Sometimes people are just asking for it and sometimes death is the only cure for that kind of stupidity. Reminds me of when train surfing was popular here in New York.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

How ironic that it happened to a person in a "church group"...

I guess even religion is no match for natural selection.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    This guy knew he had it coming. I can't help but sympathise with the girl who got her ankle severed in Kentucky. That wasn't called for, and unlike the other two cases, she didn't die.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by IFHTT
    How ironic that it happened to a person in a "church group"...

I guess even religion is no match for natural selection.
    Religion is natural selection. Not that I'm speaking for the religious in these forums, obviously, but almost everyone within a religion besides Buddhism and Polytheism deserves to die because most of them are unreasonably hateful when someone who doesn't believe tells them where exactly they can shove it when they attempt to convert the nonbeliever. It's a problem that needs to be addressed. (Personal opinion, of course.)
    Now 99% disease free!

You're generalizing too much. It's the people who do that, not the religion. It's like saying anyone who has a gun deserves to die because guns can be used to kill people.

I've met Buddhists that are complete assholes and hypocrites. That applies to every demographic though I guess. I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by python862
    Religion is natural selection. Not that I'm speaking for the religious in these forums, obviously, but almost everyone within a religion besides Buddhism and Polytheism deserves to die because most of them are unreasonably hateful when someone who doesn't believe tells them where exactly they can shove it when they attempt to convert the nonbeliever. It's a problem that needs to be addressed. (Personal opinion, of course.)
    Stop being a Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    Stop being a Nazi.
    Sometimes all one can do is wish. And I'm not a Nazi; I'm strongly antitheist.
    Now 99% disease free!

Cloning, one the many controversial issues of modern technology, makes headlines again.

Does being a wonder dog make it alright though?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080701...alcloneoffbeat

In the next month, BioArts said it would transport a sample of Trakr's DNA to the South Korean lab of its partner, the Sooam Biotech Research Foundation, and the clone could be ready by the end of this year.
    There's something really eerie about that last part. I don't know if it's the wording or what, but something about it makes me envision a cold, futuristic assembly line producing puppy-clones for consumers' convenience.