Page 48 of 159 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel
    That's not a hookah, it's a bong.

Personally, as a marijuana lover and connoisseur, I find it almost more disgusting that Phelps would release such a cowardly statement than the news coverage of it. He should have stood up for himself and told everyone that they could like it or shove it, he's a human just like anyone else and those fucking hypocrites I saw on the news who were acting so disappointed are idiots. Cannabis is not a performance enhancing drug, so it's no one's business if he uses.
    Heh, easy for you to say. You don't stand to lose million dollar contracts.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Nice to see your integrity has a price. Besides, he's not exactly poor even if he lost every contract
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Nice to see your integrity has a price. Besides, he's not exactly poor even if he lost every contract
    Hah hah. Let's hope it was really good cannabis then, if it was well worth losing million dollar contracts. At least it was the most expensive brand ever, for sure...

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    rofl, check out this article

Video game plays strange
    message?

the fact that the exact same line is in both things really makes me think it's more than coincidence.

user posted image

Creepy article. Coincidence, or not?

Soldier on 1st skydive leads dying instructor down

That must have been scary, knowing that your instructor has a heart attack and you have to get both you and him back down to safety.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Girl, 4, dies in washing machine

Read the entire thing. The article goes from serious/empathetic to ridiculous/wtf.

Poor kid though. Both of them. That boy will learn one day exactly why he doesn't have an older sister anymore. Or maybe be won't.

What would you do if you were the parent?

-Tell him at an appropriate age?
    -Not tell him, but secretly keep photos of her -> what normal people'll do. Photos eventually leak out.
    -Destroy all evidence of her and pretend like you never had a daughter.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    What would you do if you were the parent?

-Tell him at an appropriate age?
    -Not tell him, but secretly keep photos of her -> what normal people'll do. Photos eventually leak out.
    -Destroy all evidence of her and pretend like you never had a daughter.
    Maybe when the son brings his first girlfriend home for the first time, it would be a good moment to reveal his gruesome past, in front of them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Maybe when the son brings his first girlfriend home for the first time, it would be a good moment to reveal his gruesome past, in front of them both.
    Knowing kids these days, he'll probably be 8 years old.

Buf after reading that, I can't help but imagine this:
    Quote Originally Posted by imagination
    *son* Hey Mum, I'd like you to meet Julie..(pauses to summon courage)..She's my girlfriend.
    *gfrined* (smile) Hello Ms Smith
    *Mum* Oh, she looks beautiful, Jack. And...so much like your sister. You remember? You killed her in the washing machine once."

<<Jaws dropping + silence>>

*Mum* Hoho, I'm just joking. Take a seat, I'll bring out some tea. (exists stage, drops newspaper clipping)
    *son* (picks up n.paper) Mum, you dropped.....

<<Over The Shoulder close-up pan on n.paper headline>>

*gfriend* (looks at Jack, disgusted) Oh Gosh.....
    *son* (stares at n.paper, horrified) Oh Gosh.....

<<(in the distance)....Julie, do you take milk with your te~>>

*Mum* (enters room, looks at scene): Oh dear. Don't be upset about it Jack. It was a long time ago...

Last edited by Buffalobiian; Wed, 02-04-2009 at 03:22 AM.

wait, whoa, how the heck was the 15-month old even able to start the washing machine? I have trouble starting the washing machine..

user posted image

Apparently it's a push 'n go type. Washes with one push of a button. Convenient

I never liked front-load washing machines. I thought they looked kinda ugly, but they do save a lot of water, and space too if you live in crowded environments like urban Japan or Hong Kong etc.

Now I've got another reason to dislike them. If you must get one of these, I suggest mounting them on the ceiling (those appartments have low ceilings anyway) to make it less of a hazard.

Rubik's Cube Redux

"The classic toy gets a makeover for the 21st century."

I found it entertaining how they managed to change the shape and the complexity of the Rubik's cube. Perhaps Psyke can pick up one for Rena.

I never understood how to solve the Rubik's cube

Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    Rubik's Cube Redux

"The classic toy gets a makeover for the 21st century."

I found it entertaining how they managed to change the shape and the complexity of the Rubik's cube. Perhaps Psyke can pick up one for Rena.
    i dunno. it just seems like another puzzle, and like the cube champ guy said, it's a different concept.. so i don't really get why they're introducing it as the new cube.

plus they already have so many variations of the rubiks cube, i wouldn't see the point in announcing a new one. they've got like.. 4x4x4, up to like 7x7x7, then they've got ball shaped ones, and diamond shaped ones.. i met this dude a little bit ago which had like 5 different kinds.

I never understood how to solve the Rubik's cube
    i just learned how the other day.. by watching two videos on youtube which walked me through it. now i've been doing it over and over, trying to memorize the algorithms.

user posted image

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandadice
    i just learned how the other day.. by watching two videos on youtube which walked me through it. now i've been doing it over and over, trying to memorize the algorithms.
    For anyone who's interested:
    Part One
    Part Two

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

integrity for what? getting high?
    If you'd rather get baked than get a million dollars, then there's something wrong.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Yeah, well that would be true if he got on national television without the picture being released and said "yeah people, I smoke weed and how do you like that shit?"

But it was a picture he didn't know existed. How would you like to be out millions of dollars because of something you probably don't even remember doing?

If he's gonna get caught sucking on a bong, he shouldn't lie about how he's worried over hurt feelings. We in the legalization movement are touchy about this kind of thing, and I have contempt for people who lie about their actions to somehow save a reputation as a role model.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Pretty amazing. I really thought that the fast-forwarded part (where he shuffles the Rubix Cube) was his actual speed, then I see it slow down. His speed is still quite fast, though.

Consumer Reports Picks the Best Cup o' Brew

Folgers, Maxwell House, and Starbucks are America's best-selling ground coffees. But all three were iced by Eight O'Clock Colombian coffee in our taste tests. As for Starbucks, it didn't even place among the top regular coffees and trailed among decafs.
    Ah... fresh coffee in the morning. The sweet smell of aroma, and the gentle taste...

Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    Ah... fresh coffee in the morning. The sweet smell of aroma, and the gentle taste...
    Have you ever tried Blue Mountain coffee from Jamaica?

It's around $100/lb, sometimes higher.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

USA Swimming suspends Michael Phelps for 3 months

Fors and Against listed in this read:

"He also lost a high-profile sponsor Thursday when Kellogg Co. said it wouldn’t renew its deal with Phelps that expires later this month.

“This is not a situation where any anti-doping rule was violated, but we decided to send a strong message to Michael because he disappointed so many people, particularly the hundreds of thousands of USA Swimming member kids who look up to him as a role model and a hero,” the Colorado Springs, Colo.-based national governing body said in a statement.
    ADVERTISEMENT

“Michael has voluntarily accepted this reprimand and has committed to earn back our trust.”"

------------------------------------------------------------------

“Enough is enough,” said Evan Morgenstein, who represents a large number of Olympic swimmers. “The penalty is far greater than the crime. He has said he is sorry. Let’s move on to the real problems in this country.”

“I see him as a kid trying to grow up in the most intense spotlight known to any athlete. He has apologized and what else can he do?” she told the AP by telephone. “The thing I hope is that people realize Michael is still a person and not just a swimming hero.”
    The bitch of living as a high-profile person.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 02-06-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie