Page 101 of 159 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

I don't care if they buy a trillion dollar house or a thousand cars, all material things are fair game but you should not be able to get away with illegal stuff just because you're wealthy and/or famous, but that's the way it's always been and i don't see it changing anytime soon :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

As one of the poor people you don't get any say in how rich people are treated.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    I don't care if they buy a trillion dollar house or a thousand cars, all material things are fair game but you should not be able to get away with illegal stuff just because you're wealthy and/or famous, but that's the way it's always been and i don't see it changing anytime soon :P
    Regarding this, I always thought the concept of bail is a funny one.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    As one of the poor people you don't get any say in how rich people are treated.
    While that is true, it's a pretty fucking rude thing to say to someone less fortunate :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

"Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Unrelated, but one of the comments contains a pet peeve of mine. Misunderstanding "freedom of speech":
    I am not a huge fan of Lindsey, but I dont think she should go to jail for her freedom of speech/expression.
    "Gettin' repirmanded 'cause I called Obama a n***** at a Tea Party Rally. GUVMINT'S TAKIN MAH FREEDUMS"

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    While that is true, it's a pretty fucking rude thing to say to someone less fortunate :P
    Which is yet another of the perks of being rich and famous.... You really should stop trying to tell your betters how to act.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    I don't know what her original charges were... but 90 days in jail is extremely light. They said that the police found cocaine on her when she was arrested and as far as I know, that's a year in jail on it's own at least.

violating probation for a normal person usually means that it's almost like the probation never happened... you get a sentence for the crime you committed. 90 days + rehab is a slap on the wrist.

They can get into as much trouble as they like. Just up their tax by 10% each time they get into trouble.

Edit

Policewoman shoots to kill
    Last edited by depthcharge; Sat, 07-10-2010 at 10:16 AM.

that was very VERY stupid of her....she went in straight and just lunged at him. you can see how he sort of falls back....im assuming he had a knife to the hostage's throat, and its just sheer luck he didnt cut her as he fell backwards. or that she didnt shoot the girl in the face.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    that was very VERY stupid of her....she went in straight and just lunged at him. you can see how he sort of falls back....im assuming he had a knife to the hostage's throat, and its just sheer luck he didnt cut her as he fell backwards. or that she didnt shoot the girl in the face.
    I agree. The coke (2nd drink) was also spiked, so if he's falling for it, why not wait another half hour or so?

The video was talking about the woman in an approving manner.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I was shocked when I first saw the video. From our point of view, the man and hostage appears to be very close but the policewoman charged and shot, it is likely that when the man tried to pick up the bottle that there is some extra space between them.

Nevertheless, I am assuming that the kill order was given after the case went for a significant amount of time and the hostage had already been stabbed a number of times.

The Policewoman was shooting to kill, that is scary when you see it in video.

edit:
    Similarly, if the video included footage of the man stabbing the hostage, I am sure it would have been much more easier to say "Shoot the scum."

.im assuming he had a knife to the hostage's throat,
    Well if you watch the video, you'd notice the perp has an arm around the girl's throat and the knife in his free hand. So it would be a safer assumption that the girl wasn't in danger from being knifed. If you watch even more closely still, you'll notice the officer waited until the perp was distracted and looking down at whatever was on the ground before she made her move.

I thought the extra 3 shots at the end were a bit excessive. But I imagine in over-populated China they'd rather you filled an unmarked grave than a prison cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    But I imagine in over-populated ChinaWorld they'd rather you filled an unmarked graveditch than a prison cell.
    There corrected for you.

Quote Originally Posted by depthcharge View Post
    There corrected for you.
    Nope. In the west, life is still considered somewhat sacred if you're white. The Chinese are particularly non-chalant about the loss of a life. As Uncle Benny put it so eloquently about the death of a Chinese man in Lethal Weapon 4... "plenty more where he came from."

Dont quote me on this. I believe there is about equal number of White, Yellow, Brown, Black and in between. ~1 billion each. If China had not instituted 1 child per family years back, it would have been a lot more.
    Anyhow, the World is overpopulated not just any one race.

There are Chinese who are particularly non-chalant, but it is not everyone of them. Chinese recently are challenging for their rights, particularly after those Foxconn suicides.

Scumbags like example, Van der Sloot, would be persecuted where ever he goes. I doubt many people would cry foul if he is destroyed in the Peruvian jail.
    Last edited by depthcharge; Mon, 07-12-2010 at 05:12 AM.

Unfortunately the little newborn girls that get thrown away at birthing clinics in China don't get to challenge for their rights.

Also, it's a race between the Chinese and the red dot Indians to overpopulate the world.

Holographic girlfriend in our midst?
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

i'd hit it

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar