Page 59 of 159 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    True, you could always find Chinese newspapers in the library of the university I went to. It wouldn't be too hard to fake this at all.

To use the old meme:

1. Snag one of the papers.
    2. Wait several weeks for the paper to get believably old.
    3. Purchase DS
    4. Fill with rocks and newspaper.
    5. Return
    6. Profit!

No ??? about it now.
    Yes but according to the article, the box was sealed and had to be opened with a knife. If it was sealed, that would explain why the Walmart returns employee did not open the box to confirm it's contents when accepting the return. It's possible the thief used a fake sticker to seal the box. Otherwise it came from the manufacturer that way.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    dude, looking at my DS box right now, the only sealing it has are like two transparent circular stickers at either end. it'd be crazy easy to reseal it and return it.

user posted image

Are they the type where the box material adheres to the sticker when you peel it?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Are they the type where the box material adheres to the sticker when you peel it?
    When my first xbox360 crashed, I actually bought a new one, opened the box VERY carefully, and replaced it with my old one, brought it back and the guy thought I never opened it lol. Free new xbox360 in a like an hour ;P.

If you peel those stickers off very carefully, they will stick to the box again as if you never opened it.
    -----------------

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    When my first xbox360 crashed, I actually bought a new one, opened the box VERY carefully, and replaced it with my old one, brought it back and the guy thought I never opened it lol. Free new xbox360 in a like an hour ;P.

If you peel those stickers off very carefully, they will stick to the box again as if you never opened it.
    Don't they, you know, make you sign the receipt when you return it? That's what they do here, and even if they don't open it upon return, they should be able to track back to your purchase should any problem come up.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Yeah. You'd think they would be less than forgiving when they notice the serial numbers on the box and the device don't match. Although if they thought you never opened it, they might just throw it back onto a shelf, and then some poor bastard buys it, tries it, and returns it only to be told it's not the same machine he and they think he bought. I wouldn't want to be that poor bastard.

Not really, and if they do ask for your name, you can just give a fake one, they don't ask for ID.
    And the x360 box doesn't have the serial number, its only on the 360 itself, also the receipt only has the product ID, no serial either.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    And the x360 box doesn't have the serial number, its only on the 360 itself, also the receipt only has the product ID, no serial either.
    I find that extremely hard to believe. It would mean the shop wouldn't have any idea which individual machine was sold to a customer and thus a customer could return any machine found from a trashcan for warranty repair/replacement, to gain an additional unit. You only managed to do it, because they thought the box was unopened.

You might find it hard to believe, but thats how it is, they don't need to keep track of each individual machine, its a HUGE electronics store, all the electronics only have one tag on it, which is the product ID for price and stock. There is no time to individually put all the machines in the system based on serial numbers.
    They get brought in by the supplier, get tagged and shelved.
    -----------------

Yes these huge retailers could care less. Faulty returned equipment is simply returned to the vendor for credit. Normal unopened returns go back on the store shelf. Really the only person who is bothered is the poor bastard who buys this returned system and thinks it's a lemon from the manufacturer, at which point he'll return or exchange it, and the retailer will simply return it to the vendor for credit.

Indeed, plus I could've easily send it to ms since it was still under warranty, but the damn thing broke right after I booted up a game I JUST bought, I simply couldn't stand waiting a week.

Also I normally don't respond to reps but this is just rediculous:
    so not only you steal games, but you steal consoles as well? you sir are an ass
    first off I didn't steal anything, it was still under warranty.
    And second, dude where the fuck did you get that I steal games?
    I've got 44 retail x360 games, 5 retail ps3 games, 15 xbla games, and I don't know how many on pc, I even recently bought lost planet: colonies for pc, and I didn't even install it yet, Now lets do the math shall we?

360 = 399 + 43*60 + 100 = 3079 + xbla (15*10) = 3229 euro for 360.
    ps3 = 430 + 3*65 + 180 = 805 + blu-ray ( 11*22) = 1047 euro for ps3
    for pc we will just take the recent stuff since I haven't bought a lot recently
    pc = 1500 + 2*45 + 2*30 + 5 = 1655 + 300 = 1955 for pc
    That's 6231 euro just to entertain myself with games, that sure is a whole lot of stealing right? Piece of shit, if you got something to say just post it.
    -----------------

Man killed deaf boy's dog as revenge

Anyone else feel like rocking up at his house and go "for revenge". WACK!

Anything seems more tragic when you just look at one side of the story. Who knows what the mom did to piss the guy off so much.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    She probably killed his blind daughter's pet cat.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090506/...ple_sutherland

you don't just walk up to jack bauer and ask for an autograph... what was this guy thinking?!!?

A headbutt, eh? I'm sure he could have thought of worse things to do to him.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Yeah. The dude should be happy he didn't lose any fingers.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Sutherland must be a method actor. That's pretty funny.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I didn't read anything about an autograph...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Boy risks suspension if he attends girlfriend's prom

I feel sorry for the guy. Seriously, who is it to say what will and will not please a divine entity? To my knowledge, the Ten Commandments are the standard, and he ain't breaking any of them by simply attending.

Funny thing is, the principle still signed it.