Page 139 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

So Stephen Colbert asked his viewers to buy more of his Ben&Jerry's Americone Dream to help him beat Jimmy Fallon's Late Night Snack. I've tried both and Americone Dream is definitely better, but I can't seem to find it anywhere for a reasonable price.

Anyone else having this problem?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

first thought when I saw your post...

made with quickmeme

edit: sorry, can't figure out how to get the image here.
    Last edited by Death BOO Z; Tue, 03-06-2012 at 05:21 AM.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    first thought when I saw your post...

made with quickmeme

edit: sorry, can't figure out how to get the image here.
    Ha, I thought the exact same thing when posting about this feud and almost created my own quickmeme with the FWP meme.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

F-18 crashes into building

Pretty freaky stuff. They're praising the pilots for quick thinking by dumping fuel before the crash to avert a bigger explosion and potential for catastrophe, but all I can think about is the waste of that sweet sweet jet fuel.

JP-8 burns hot. Like, enough in one spot will melt steel given time kinda hot. It's really good that they dumped the fuel. If they had not, the crash would have burned down a significantly larger area.

i call terrorism!

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    i call terrorism!
    I'm reporting you to homeland security, since you obviously know something and you just might have claimed responsibility with those three words. Enjoy the waterboarding.

Alot of information has been suppressed from this story. But it is good to see the government acted immediately to help the people that were affected, even if it might be totally in part to help further quell outcry and to immediately put out small fires before elections.

The pilot acted fast and smartly considering how fast those things take off and land. Kudos to him, it could have been worse, thank god it wasn't.
    Last edited by dragonrage; Mon, 04-09-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

The North is on the march again.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/11/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

what do you guys think?
    ___

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage View Post

what do you guys think?
    I think they aren't yet starving enough if they have the resources for something like that.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I think they aren't yet starving enough if they have the resources for something like that.
    It's just a satellite test. People need their TV you know.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    It's just a satellite test. People need their TV you know.
    I have heard of South Koreans dying when they couldn't afford to leave their MMO for a minute to visit the toilet or fridge, but considering the quality of TV shows these days, I won't buy the reasoning TV would be more important than food. Especially if you need to watch the TV in candle light like is the case in North Korea.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage View Post

what do you guys think?
    I remember reading the same article years ago.

*especially* that part

Japan has deployed missile defenses and says it will shoot down any part of the rocket that comes near its territory. South Korea has described the move as a "grave provocation" and says it will respond with "appropriate countermeasures."

What it all boils down to in my opinion is more fuel for the North Korean propaganda machine. If they really wanted to be self-sufficient they would be making strides to improve their agricultural industry ( but that really isn't exciting or dangerous and threatening to the rest of the world)

It's another cry for help, and a chance to pat themselves on the back to further bloat their egos. For a country that is censored and regulated by the government and is constantly plagued by power outages and subpar everything, what do they really need a satellite (ballistic missile test/ spy satellite) for?

They don't want to be self-sufficient but want more aid since South Korea and the UN tightened their policies towards them, which was relaxed recently and now this happened. It's just another bargaining chip and fuel for propaganda.
    ___

Yup, sabre-rattling to get stuff for free.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Super Lithium-Ion Battery Could Supercharge Phones, PCs, & Cars

Quote Originally Posted by intro
    Super Lithium-Ion batteries with three times the capacity of today’s models, may begin entering the real world within twelve months. That could substantially change consumer and business usage patterns for phones, tablets, laptops, electric vehicles, and a plethora of other devices and gadgets.

The designation of ‘Super’ is used because those batteries provide triple the energy storage capacity of current lithium-ion batteries. The nanoscale-based technology utilized has the additional benefit of causing the batteries to re-charge far more quickly than current models. An additional benefit is a greatly extended life-cycle. The super lithium-ion types can endure far more recharge cycles than has previously been possible. They can be produced in the same form-factors currently being used, and will have the same appearance. That should make the transition seamless for manufacturers, distributors, retailers, consumers, and business users.

Click above link to read more.
    Finally, significant breakthrough in the battery technology department. It's been lagging behind everything else such as processors and memory tech. Too bad the laptop and phone that I want to get later this year will be uni-body in design, making battery replacement somewhat difficult.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Super Lithium-Ion Battery Could Supercharge Phones, PCs, & Cars
    Finally, significant breakthrough in the battery technology department. It's been lagging behind everything else such as processors and memory tech. Too bad the laptop and phone that I want to get later this year will be uni-body in design, making battery replacement somewhat difficult.
    Awesome news! Power is the greatest resource in the information age. People can stay wired in and completely unaware of their surroundings for longer periods of time. Also, soldiers can travel lighter with more high-tech equipment.

At first, I thought it was related to this or that, but wow, that's really amazing.

Nanotechnology really is the trailblazing factor for innovative technology right now.

44 million dolars for one day of work

It showed up in my newspaper today (still reading the paper in paper-form). anybody knows what happened there?

seems like some sneaky corporate stink case, as far as I can tell.

An update said that the CEO was fired under the technicalities of resignation. Maybe the other CEO Rogers "bribed" him to leave because he wasn't satisfied with how Johnson was the leader?

Here's a link with a general idea on how CEO severance packages work for anyone interested:

http://insight.kellogg.northwestern....ges_justified/

Blog Entries
    What are these idiots doing hanging around the entrance anyway?