Page 54 of 159 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'm fine with all games, really, as long as they've got the appropriate rating - which really should be a max of 15. When you think about it, from movies and highschool life, what hasn't a 15-year-old been exposed to?

They're bashing the move to the DS here since it's more "child friendly", but again, the correct rating and restrictions at sale should be enough to filter out "those who shouldn't play".

As for parents who buy such games for their kids, irresponsible or not, that's the parent's call, and not much can be done about it, other than more explicitly warning parents of the content.

The only type of games I do have some form of objection to are rape simulators. I can't come up with a decent argument as to why hentai is okay, but yeah....the idea just seems a bit too hard-core.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Damn....that reminds me of an onion video from a while back:
    hahaha, I watched the Onion video first, then the Yahoo one. I couldn't stop laughing at the yahoo video because everything had a sarcastic tone to it after watching the first. That purple freeze-frame was hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    I knew some of the games would be on this list, but the others seem like a stupid reason to be on there, for religious or racial reasons. What do you guys think?
    I can't honestly believe that people are calling Resident Evil 5 "racist". How many games have there been so far? How long has the franchise been around? Now there are black zombies and the game is suddenly politically incorrect? Really??
    The only type of games I do have some form of objection to are rape simulators
    I was happy living in a world where I didn't know those existed. Come on, Japan...

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I can't honestly believe that people are calling Resident Evil 5 "racist". How many games have there been so far? How long has the franchise been around? Now there are black zombies and the game is suddenly politically incorrect? Really??
    Yea, and there are other people present in the game that aren't black, aside from the obvious shown people from the trailers and demo.

Thai fireman in 'spider-man' rescue of autistic boy

BANGKOK (AFP) – A Thai fireman turned superhero when he dressed up as comic-book character Spider-Man to coax a frightened eight-year-old from a balcony, police said Tuesday.
    I thought it was hilarious how the fireman dressed up as Spiderman to rescue the boy. He says he keeps that and Ultraman costume to "liven" up his fire station drills.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo

Yeah it's rediculous, I did a small paper on it last year for a class called "Game, Culture and Society", but it's in dutch so its kinda useless to post here, but the bottom line was that it[racism] was spawned by a single retarded "black community" website/blog that didn't even knew of the series and passed judgement on the second trailer of the game.

@nadouku
    That is pretty awesome actually, superheroes ftw ;P.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    RE5 takes place in africa...

Hahah, I heard about the Spider-man story. I'm laughing so hard at the whole thing. I mean, it's basically what this guy has been waiting his entire life to do.

That's the culmination of years of keeping a Spider-man costume in your locker. That's 2 life dreams fulfilled right thar.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Beware Conficker worm come April 1

The article almost sounds like an April 1 hoax itself. I suppose the worm is detectable, but simply dormant and irremovable?

Edit: Looks like it's removable, but new variants keep coming out. Oh well, I'm clean...for now.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 03-27-2009 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Redundant double post.

Pizza vending machine

If this catches on, some professionals and school boys alike will be looking for another job.

That's quite impressive automation and robotics, but considering how complicated it is and how it must be storing and processing easily spoiled ingredients, I wonder how much heavy maintenance it requires to keep it running and prevent it from producing pizza spoiled by bacteria.

Yeah. I can only imagine it being used in high-demand locations where the turnover rate would be high to keep ingredients fresh. It won't be like your regular coke vending machine at the local bus stop that needs refilling once a fortnight, but I could replace kitchen staff.

Heck, if people find the results satisfactory enough, you could open up a store with just a good dozen of these machines and a guy to refill when needed, and just sit and read manga when not.

Quite an interesting story, however, I doubt it will replace the old-fashioned human labour pizza - which can be easily compared to today's modern e-books and a book/newspaper, the modern TV and the radio and other artificial machinery evolution.

It is a pretty interesting concept, but like they said, I worry about the quality of the pizza.

I'm envisioning something similar to Cheeseburger in a Can.

I can't imagine it tasting amazing. That's really the only reason people eat pizza, aside from the convenience of it.

cheeseburger in a can, that's so gross... it made me think about MRE's that people in the military eat. I Think they have just about anything you can think of in a little pouch.

Stress is Sabotaging Your Diet Success

Stress! We've all been subjected to its effects. However, this article shows you how much stress can affect your daily life and might put on some weight into your body. Do you think this article seems helpful? I find it pretty useful.
    Last edited by Nadouku; Sun, 03-29-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Removed the extra "f" from affect.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/27/shamwo...-to-the-punch/

Shamwow salesman punches hooker to get her to stop biting his tongue...

The joke's been beaten to death by now, but I really want to say it: I guess she didn't love his nuts.

Edit: and here's an original quip:

One slap, salad!
    Two slaps, prison sentence!
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Mon, 03-30-2009 at 09:33 PM.

*shakes head*....customer service these days.........

That's quite painful. I think they both deserve what they got, though, for obvious reasons.

'Dozen dead' in NY state shooting

Seriously? Didn't we already have a shooting this week in North Carolina?