Page 8 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: In the news today

I'd beat the shit outta my kid for benig a douche bag and get him a hooker for a nite.

Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    What? Imagine being the parents of the kid, finding out some middle-aged woman from the other side of the world flew over and took your kid away without you even knowing about it.
    I said the woman shouldn't have done it with an underage person. But it wasn't an abduction if the guy wanted to go with her and did it by his own free will. If a 17 years old commits a crime himself, he's fully responsible for it. I just consider it a slight asymmetry that he then has no say in the matter if he is now the "victim" of a crime invented by others. I'm glad they were stopped, but if the woman is sent to jail for two years... Well, props for whoever gains money from each prisoner held in a prison, but otherwise I doubt it would serve any higher sense of justice. They could just send her back to the other side of the world and not allow her back for a year or two - the guy would be over 18 by then and could make his own decisions legally.

The law has a tendency to defy common sense. You're right about the double standard if that kid had raped or killed someone he'd be treated as an adult no question, but since he wanted to marry this lady and go live in Austrailia he's a minor and has no legal right to do that without parental consent.

I'd congratulate my son and tell him he must have learned his mack game from me.

I dont know if i'd go that far...he did meet her playin warcraft (no disrespect).

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    I dont know if i'd go that far...he did meet her playin warcraft (no disrespect).
    IE. learning his mack game from SK.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    This is how China answers a rash of food/consumables safety scares:
    China Executes Former Head of Food & Drug Agency
    Yeah, that'll encourage people to buy your goods... Fuckin' crazy bastards... Granted, he did abuse his position and thereby put people at risk (how serious was this water cooler thing? was it really life-threatening?) but I think killing the guy is a little extreme. Makes me wonder what they'd have done to Scooter Libby...

also, The Catholic Church takes two steps backwards:
    Pope: "The Catholic Church is the only true church"
    Additional coverage in the Boston Globe
    A succession of apostolic leaders is warranted to make a church? Well, what about the Orthodox church? "Wounded because they don't acknowledge the Pope"... He's been getting a little too much incense recently... It's nothing new, but it seems to me to be a foolish PR gaffe.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I'm glad the Pope is doing this, every denomination thinks they are the right one, I don't see why the Catholic Church needs to be politically correct and not say it just because they are the largest.

Lol this new pope is so much more interesting than the last one. John-Paul seemed to be all about bringing people togeather under a belief in God and Christ, but Benedict's moves mostly seem to be aimed at only bringing people togeather under God & Christ through Catholicism. While I can't say he's wrong, since Catholicism is pretty much whatever the Pope says it is I feel like his moves will push many people away that might have potentailly worshipped under their system. Also I believe that the sentiment that "You're not be worshipping God correctly if you're not a *****" was one of the things Jesus taught against, but maybe that only extends to bringing in non Jews. But whatever, I'm not Catholic and I pity the people who are but can't find peace with God through that system.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    Lol this new pope is so much more interesting than the last one. John-Paul seemed to be all about bringing people togeather under a belief in God and Christ, but Benedict's moves mostly seem to be aimed at only bringing people togeather under God & Christ through Catholicism. While I can't say he's wrong, since Catholicism is pretty much whatever the Pope says it is I feel like his moves will push many people away that might have potentailly worshipped under their system. Also I believe that the sentiment that "You're not be worshipping God correctly if you're not a *****" was one of the things Jesus taught against, but maybe that only extends to bringing in non Jews. But whatever, I'm not Catholic and I pity the people who are but can't find peace with God through that system.

In other news, animeniax wants to get up with you...even though i thought it was widely known you're a dude.

Lol, it's probably because I try keep trying to see/fight for the good in Animeniax despite all the piles and piles of shit he heaps on the forums. That or he is just unobservant/trolling more.

Wilik said you were a girl, so I thought you were one too. Plus you have that cute avatar so I figured you were female. What's wrong with that?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Nothing's seems wrong with your thought process, you came to a reasonable conclusion that was faulty because you had fauly data as input. Not sure why Wilik would tell you I'm a girl though...I'll look into that.

Anyway I have another wonderful slice of Americana to share with you all today.
    Read on if you dare

Basically 10 or so kids (14-18 year olds) con their way into this ladies house and then take turns raping and beating her and her son, then force the son to take part in the raping at gun point, then pour random cleaning products on them. In one of the stories I read about this they mentioned the reduction in funds for security in public housing projects passed by congress a few years back when the republicans were runing the show.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    Nothing's seems wrong with your thought process, you came to a reasonable conclusion that was faulty because you had fauly data as input. Not sure why Wilik would tell you I'm a girl though...I'll look into that.
    trolling

Anyway I have another wonderful slice of Americana to share with you all today.
    Heard about that a while ago. Sick what people can inflict on other people.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    You hear the one about the bank robber who dressed up as a tree?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/08/tree.odd.ap/index.html

I don't think he "branched" out his ideas well enough.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Fri, 07-13-2007 at 05:13 PM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

You hear the one about the robber that came for the cash but left for the group hugs?
    http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/A.../DpuScpfPOW+4A
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Sounds like he wasn't really "embracing" the criminal mentality.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Oh man, those puns have to stop....please.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Marine Testimony: "All Iraqi men are considered insurgents"

a disturbingly revealing trial begins... The fact that this guy, lying or not, claims that they were routinely ordered to beat people and to kill wounded Iraqis instead of check to see if they could be saved by medical help, attests alot to the reason why the U.S. war in Iraq is going so poorly...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Wow, now thats just disturbing.