Page 97 of 159 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    "The planet is fine....the PEOPLE are fucked." George Carlin
    Oh, you asshole, I was JUST searching for that clip and about to post it when you beat me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw#t=2m25s

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    The planet isn't going anywhere... WE ARE.

Win.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar

user posted image

No one should care. Before that he made a comment comparing Transgendered people to Ewoks.

Bill O'Reilly and his Fox friends should be treated like an old, racist, senile person at a family gathering who won't stop going on about how things were much better before the darkies got the vote.

Paying attention to dumb comments like that is the worst thing you can do.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

lol "the darkies", never heard that one before :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Speaking of racism, not to be outdone by the rest of the South, Arizona quickly pulls ahead in the "Most Racist State" competition:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_601436.html

An Arizona elementary school mural featuring the faces of kids who attend the school has been the subject of constant daytime drive-by racist screaming, from adults, as well as a radio talk-show campaign (by an actual city councilman, who has an AM talk-radio show) to remove the black student's face, and now the school principal has ordered the faces of the Latino and Black students to be changed to Caucasian skin.
    Really, the exact words were more like "Lighten the skin," as if that makes it any better.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo View Post
    Speaking of racism, not to be outdone by the rest of the South, Arizona quickly pulls ahead in the "Most Racist State" competition:

Really, the exact words were more like "Lighten the skin," as if that makes it any better.
    there are no "two sides to this story." This is not something you need to have a panel discussion about. CNN, I don't want to see you plumbing the depths of your counterintuition on your website, or lending credence to the notion that the gutless mopes in their cars, shrieking racial slurs at the images of children have an interesting point of view that we should "hear out" because of the need to be "balanced."
    rofl, it reminds me of that time they talked about blackface...

user posted image

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo View Post

Attention non-whites:

You are not fucking welcome in Arizona. Steer clear.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Well I'm not sure what their beef is with blacks, but Arizona has been subjected to a lot of state-wide problems involving illegal mexican immigrants, so I wouldn't say that racism would be unfounded.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

lol, there is a difference between thinking "There are so many Mexicans here, Goddamn" and a school official lightening the skin color on a mural.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    UPDATE: Good news. The gutless, carbound racists lost, and the mural is being restored to its "original theme." Jeff Lane, the principal of Miller Valley Elementary School, and Kevin Kapp, the school superintendent, showed up at a protest today to apologize for giving in to whims of mentally deranged adults, spewing racial epithets at a painting:
    It looks like the racists lost this time.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

but they lost to wide spread public uproar, not to common sense.

which means that decent humanity isn't enough.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I'm getting a feeling that whenever Americans say "zero tolerance", they actually that they aren't going to invest the tiniest bits of common sense to the subject.
    seriously, USA, get your shit together, people are looking up to you.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    I'm getting a feeling that whenever Americans say "zero tolerance", they actually that they aren't going to invest the tiniest bits of common sense to the subject.
    seriously, USA, get your shit together, people are looking up to you.
    I think it is high time people stop looking up to the US, but I am probably in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    I think it is high time people stop looking up to the US, but I am probably in the minority.
    I agree, though I'd prefer the US made changes to become that beacon that it once was so people would be justified in looking up to the US again.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I think it would be pretty funny to see what happens to the world if the US goes isolationist. Recall all troops from all foreign bases, end all foreign aid, close borders, etc.

I don't really think I'd be that wrong saying that the US is relied on for a lot of things, and while people from other countries sure like to complain about the US being here or there, when it comes down to it, a lot of things the US does are taken for granted.

Yes, the US can do a lot to improve its image and relationship with the world. It remains possible for the US to become that ideal it once seemed to be, but it isn't going to happen tomorrow, one political leader isn't going to make a difference, and it is going to be a very painful wake-up call for a lot of Americans.

I think that certain other countries may want to think twice about what would happen if they told the US to fuck off and someone in power over here actually listened.

(This soapbox rant didn't have much to do with the topic at hand, but I was on a roll for some reason.)

The recurring prop newspaper

My mind just got blown!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

hmm, I thought it was going to be the one with taxes from the old movies, where's there's always a headline about alien zombies, with a side story about 'petition against taxes'.

Yeah I noticed that a few years ago, when watching scrubs and 70's show back to back on comedy central. Since then I can't really unsee it ;P.

I think it's become somewhat of a "wilhelm scream" that also get's reused in media till infinity.
    -----------------