Page 99 of 159 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Quote Originally Posted by Xanbcoo
    "including a policy of imprisoning straight people who help gays get married"
    If straights get prison time for helping the gays get hitched, then what punishment do the gays get? I'm guessing they get sent to the slave mines.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

I just read from my local newspaper's web news that some Finnish dude had found a WWII AT grenade in a forest and following the most brilliant logic ever he brought it to his garage and proceeded to drill it. But God favours the fools and thus he didn't die in the ensuing explosion.

The most strange thing about the case is that no alcohol was involved, so he was sober when he decided it's a good idea to drill an old explosive.

Was he drilling into it for the precious precious powder inside?

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

He probably was. I can't imagine why else he would have done it. Of course such shaped charge grenades don't actually have any powder inside, so it was a wasted effort in many ways. According to the initial police reports the first target of his enthusiastic drilling was the fuze itself.

So it was precious precious explosive compound he was drilling for.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Texas does something right for a change:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7074797.html
    A federal judge has thrown out a lawsuit by a creationism think tank and school that attempted to force the state of Texas to allow it to offer master's degrees in science education. In 2008, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board rejected the Dallas-based Institute for Creation Research's application to offer master's degrees, which taught science from a biblical perspective. The institute's graduate school sued in 2009, claiming the board violated its constitutional right to free speech and religion.

U.S. District Judge Sam Sparks of Austin found no merit in the institute's claims and criticized its legal documents as "overly verbose, disjointed, incoherent, maundering and full of irrelevant information."

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

The US lost, the World Cup is over.

Just kidding. Now we can appreciate some awesome games between real soccer powerhouses with true skill.

Amputee cat gets Bionic Feet

That is both awesome and adorable ^_^

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Just kidding. Now we can appreciate some awesome games between real soccer powerhouses with true skill.
    That was depressing. I'm sticking with Japan this year. They know how to bring their shit to a game.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo View Post
    That was depressing. I'm sticking with Japan this year. They know how to bring their shit to a game.
    I'm not so sure about Japan. I was rooting for South Korea until they got eliminated. During the Asian Qualifier South Korea was the best team in the group so it's not looking too great. Paraguay isn't a terribly bad match up though so we'll probably end up with a good game.

Germany vs England is the game i'm waiting for. It's usually a good match up but England isn't too hot this year though, so they might get steamrolled if they don't step up.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo View Post
    I'm rooting for Japan now too, but fully expect to be disappointed. I think rooting for Brazil will be the safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon View Post
    Germany vs England is the game i'm waiting for. It's usually a good match up but England isn't too hot this year though, so they might get steamrolled if they don't step up.
    England hasn't got a chance if they keep playing like they have been. I'm surprised they made it this far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I'm rooting for Japan now too, but fully expect to be disappointed.
    Naw man, Honda will drive them to the Endo the tournament.

Edit: 3 people from Texas discussing soccer? Black is white, down is up. When did this happen?

Pole Dancing in the Olympics: Would you watch it? After seeing this video, I know I would. That vid also seriously makes me want to learn!
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    That vid also seriously makes me want to learn!
    Haha, one of my friends also said she wanted to learn how to pole dance after seeing this girl's youtube channel. I guess she's pretty inspiring.

I'm all for pole dancing being included in serious sports competition. It takes about as much practice and finesse as many other gymnastics and the only reason someone would be opposed to it is because of its sexual connotations, which have been arbitrarily attached to it. It's inherently no more sexual than, say, ice skating.

that girl has seriously strong wrists.....great video for young, up and coming strippers.

And no Xan, it is more sexual the ice skating since theres no ice skaters at a strip club. Admittedly most strippers arent that talented, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    And no Xan, it is more sexual the ice skating since theres no ice skaters at a strip club. Admittedly most strippers arent that talented, but whatever.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/inherently

I hope that Japan makes it into the quater finals too. For England vs Germany, I know the English players better since I follow the BPL, so I hope they make it.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Germany 1
    England - *game on going.

The Force is strong with the Deutsch. I dont support either team though.

Bah it should be 2-2, England totally got robbed.

FFS FIFA if you opt to not have instant replay you could at least get some better referees. The ref calls this year have been nothing short of terrible.

edit: I think a mod should move all of these football posts to a world cup thread so we're not flooding the news thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon View Post
    edit: I think a mod should move all of these football posts to a world cup thread so we're not flooding the news thread.
    I can make one now and move all the posts or I can wait for someone who keeps up with the brackets and such to make an informative OP and we can continue discussion there.