Page 111 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 3180

Thread: In the news today

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Oh this sucks...my eyes are actually welling up with tears :-(
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage View Post
    Are you ready for z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e . The CDC can help you.
    This is terrifying, considering that the CDC is serious organization and that the world is supposed to end tomorrow.

Obviously I don't believe either one will happen, but the concurrence of these 2 stories is great.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo View Post
    This is terrifying, considering that the CDC is serious organization and that the world is supposed to end tomorrow.

Obviously I don't believe either one will happen, but the concurrence of these 2 stories is great.
    It's a great way to get attention to the CDC site by incorporating a social medium. Also 2 days after it was posted the site went down due to traffic, mission accomplished i guess.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/05/19/zombie.warning/
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

The hell? Keep the troll shit off government websites, please.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    If you noticed the actual plan involves things one would do for blackouts, floods, earthquakes and many other disasters. While it is a comical concept, it contains vital information for preparedness and does raise awareness. While it is not really a plausible concept, the fact that many people read this post by the CDC means a lot of them have gained some kind of awareness of how to prepare for certain events.

Tell the truth would you really go to the CDC for something if it wasn't pretty much to late? If someone doesn't actually sit you down and try to educated you on it ( all the while with you thinking this is boring and a waste of time). Would you do it on your own?
    Last edited by dragonrage; Fri, 05-20-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    The thing to take away from this is that even if this blog post (key point) was comical in nature, it highlighted that the CDC would treat a zombie apocalypse precisely the same way they would treat any major infectious outbreak or other disaster. That's the kind of reaction you'd want from them too. Not panic, confusion and bickering leadership, but the same thorough methodical approach they use today.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I noticed the pack did not include weapons of any sort.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    It's listed under Tools and Supplies as "etc."

They can't encourage ordinary, untrained civilians to directly engage zombies, especially with the chance of extreme virulence.

Not against zombies necessarily.

Why stock up supplies when you can rob your neighbour's?

Note to self: In the event of an apocalypse, do not live next to buff.

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of it by now, but the rapture is suppose to be today.

So if your body starts to ascend toward heaven, don't panic. In any event, it's unlikely that it'll happen to anyone at gotwoot .

The only thing more annoying than the people who buy into that are the people who roll their eyes and say "Clearly that guy is a nutcase. Only GOD knows when The Rapture will happen."

Pot calling religious kettle black.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    I had not heard about this.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo View Post
    The only thing more annoying than the people who buy into that are the people who roll their eyes and say "Clearly that guy is a nutcase. Only GOD knows when The Rapture will happen."

Pot calling religious kettle black.
    Well, certainly one case is more extreme than the other.

Neither claim has any validity whatsoever. I just find it hilariously hypocritical.

All you need to know to survive the zombie apocalypse you can learn from watching Zombieland, including not trusting hot chicks in the apocalyptic wasteland.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

So, I woke up, and the world isn't over over here. Is it over any where else for you guys?

About the zombie apocalypse post: My neighbor bought me the "Zombie Survival Guide" for Christmas. I read the hell out of that book. I suggest that everyone buy that, if they really know how to be be ready for the next Zombie Apocalypse Invasion thingy.

I have the overwhelming feeling that if there was a zombie apocalypse, the government would react the same way as in Walking Dead, that is, going into hospitals and massacring everyone for whatever reason...

Has anyone seen Children of Men? That is the ultimate apocalypse movie. In the story, no one has had a child in 18 years, so everyone is going crazy. The movie really brings on this feeling of hopeless condemnation. In the book version, the British government makes everyone learn animal husbandry, just in case they found themselves as the last humans on earth.

About the rapture post: Has anyone seen Left Behind? I used to love that movie when I was a kid.

Wow, I finally clicked on the news article, and I totally recognize all those signs. I saw them all over town, including on campus. I saw people standing on the street and passing fliers out. I thought it was just a concert that they were advertising for, and they were just being really pretentious about it! No idea they actually thought the world was ending. LOL.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

I was totally out of the loop for this whole rapture thing. By the time I heard about it, Day of Rapture had already passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon
    Note to self: In the event of an apocalypse, do not live next to buff.
    Hah, my intention was to highlight the fact that the guide tells you to store supplies, but doesn't tell you that you should be protecting them. Though it could also put weapons as under Foraging and Gathering or something....

Hah, my intention was to highlight the fact that the guide tells you to store supplies, but doesn't tell you that you should be protecting them. Though it could also put weapons as under Foraging and Gathering or something....
    I've never in my life seen a government catastrophe guide telling you that you should hoard weapons to defend your emergency supplies from your neighbours... Is it an Australian flavour?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I've never in my life seen a government catastrophe guide telling you that you should hoard weapons to defend your emergency supplies from your neighbours... Is it an Australian flavour?
    No, but I thought it might be one for one of the American nations. The idea of having emergency packs isn't even advertised here.