Thread: In the news today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Several noteworthy/interesting things I caught in the headlines this morning:

Democratic Presidential Hopefuls Square Off in Televised Debate Tonight
    I'll be sure to watch this. Each will get only 11 minutes or so, but it's a good chance to learn about some of the longshots (who will still be active in politics even if/when they don't get the nomination) and to see how the actual front-runners conduct themselves.

Scientists discover Earth-like planet
    This makes me cream myself. Astronomy was my first passion outside of sports, and I've always been interested in space exploration, since it looks like we'll fuck Earth to death within the next hundred years or so. This kind of news, although very uncertain and without details, this kind of thing makes me all hopeful and jittery. There are many more articles out there, just search for the name of the planet: Gliese 581 C

36 Year Old Man Had Twin Living Twin Trapped Inside His Stomach
    And this is just freaky fucking weird shit...

edit - sweet! discussion about current events on this board makes me very happy!
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Thu, 04-26-2007 at 05:34 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".