Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00!

Watching this trailer almost made me shat my pants. I really hope that im not setting myself up for a big disappointment this in series. The last few series have been have not satisfied my gundam hunger. Anyway the animation looks really clean, almost ghost in the shell quality i hope it remains at this quality throughout the series. And im hoping for a nice refreshing story line from this new staff.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunota Headlines
    The main cast members and ED theme song were just announced at Chara Hobby 2007. The names are posted on the official site as well.

Setsuna F Seiei: Mamoru Miyano
    Lockon Stratos: Shinichiro Miki
    Allelujah Haptism: Hiroyuki Yoshino
    Tieria Erde: Hiroshi Kamiya
    Sumeragi Ri Noriega: Youko Honna
    Alejandro Corner: Yasunori Matsumoto
    Wang Liu Mi: Kei Shindou
    Hong Rong: Kenji Takahashi
    Lasse Aion: Hiroki Touchi
    Felt Grace: Ayahi Takagaki
    Christina Sierra: Arise Satou
    Lichtendahl Caeli: Masataka Azuma
    Haro: Arisa Ogasawara
    Billy Katagiri: Yuji Ueda
    Graham Acre: Yuuichi Nakamura
    Patrick Corlasawar: Kenji Hamada
    Saji Crossroad: Miyu Irino
    Kinue Crossroad: Aya Endo
    Louise Halevy: Chiwa Saitou
    Marina Ismail: Ayumi Tsunematsu
    Sergei Smirnov: Unshou Ishizuka
    Ioria Schuhenberg: Chikao Ohtsuka

For a limited time, internet streaming video site GyaO will have the Gundam 00 announcement at Chara Hobby 2007 available on Aug 20th 12:00pm for 24hrs.

ED Theme title "Wana" (English translation "Trap") by The Back Horn. Single is set for October release which will come with Gundam 00 sticker.
    Yay, VAs are out! Time to go check 'em out!

edit- hmm, main character was pretty good as Moondoggie in E7 and Light in Death Note... imagine it'll be more like Light's somber, pensive tone than Moondoggie's lightheartedness for our angst-ridden bish pilot...

OMG- Itoshiki-sensei (Zetsubo, see my sig) is the chick-looking pilot. WTF w/all ur BBQ sauce is that about?

Allelujah (i am never going to get used to writing that as a person's name...) is voiced by a guy who always plays whiny, annoying characters in the few shows I've seen him in...

Charizard is a Gundam Pilot. Yes, the English voice of Charizard is Lockon. (This is actually a very good thing)

Yay for: Yasunori Matsumi, Chiwa Saito, Hiroki Touchi, Unshou Ishizuka and Yuji Ueda. Alot of the other cast seems to be relative newcomers.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Sun, 08-19-2007 at 06:16 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

hehe 'Billy Katagiri' is voiced by the same dude as Urashima Keitaro (and a lot of other voices too)

The Ptolemaios, AEU enact and Tieren variants:

I lol'd @ the blue Tieren's knee condoms

is it just me, or do those four sections around the top of the Ptolemaios look like they're detachable flyers? It also doesn't seem to have a whole lot of weapons on it. Maybe two lasers/beam cannons on the very front sides, some AA and missle defense on the back (unless those four sections are actually massive turrets or cannons in disguise...)

Yeah, I can't tell what the fuck is going on with those two Tieren models. That can't be missles on the knees of the E Tieren (Purple/Blue one with the 'knee condoms') but I can't tell what the hell would come out of opening it like that... Its propulsion system looks like suction cups also.... Maybe its a construction noncombat type?

The C Tieren only has that one little rifle, but possibly more attachments can be added. Looks like those real long things are wings (reminds me of the Leo flyer attachment from Wing)... but when they fold up like that, it looks like the arms aren't in a position to be involved in fighting at all... possibly making it smaller so it's easier for deployment.

These mechs are welcomly weird, in my book. But I'm still afraid of what the Director said about them being absolutely outgunned by the Gundams... Seems like too much thought and innovation put into mech designs if the show is ultimately going to come down to Gundam vs. Gundam...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

That C Tieren kinda looks like those LEVs from Zone of the Enders.

info on the ships featured in the pic above (the mothership Ptolemaios, the E Tieren and the AEU Enact)
    From the updated Gundam00.net
    Ptolemaios
    "Celestial Being's mothership. Some members call it by the pet name 'Ptolemy'. The custom mothership was designed for the use of the Gundams. It's equipable with a maximum of 4 containers which can each store a Gundam. As it is made thoroughly for the use of the Gundams, it doesn't have battleship-style heavy armaments. The central pointed end is a catapult for launching Gundams. From each container, the immediate internal portion of the ship can be moved to the catapult, making for quick launches."

Tieren Space Type
    Model number: MSJ-06II-E
    Head height: 18.2m
    Base weight: 127.5t
    "The Human Reform League's space-use Tieren. The tanks equipped on each leg are filled with water inside and the tanks themselves also function adequately as shields. Its main armament, a 200mm x 25 caliber length smooth bore gun, is furnished with heat sinks for use in space. It's also enabled as a blade in close combat."

AEU Enact (mass-production type)
    Model number: AEU-09
    Head height: 17.6m
    Base weight: 66.8t
    "The latest MS developed by the AEU. A model with solar-energy support, the MS itself can receive a direct supply of power from the orbital elevator's generation system. The basic design is based on the Union's Flag and has many common features such as armaments and a flight form transformation."
    wow, these really are some very unique MS designs. Like I thought, the Gundam mothership's essentially a transport (but NO weapons?) and I still think those compartments for housing the Gundams look like they can detach...

The mystery of the knee condoms continues! What the bloody hell do they need water for and how does that manage to function as a shield?! Also, I don't see how the gun on the C Tieren (the pic of the E is an unarmed one) can also be a close combat weapon... so maybe we just don't have the E Tieren weapon shown yet. Also, can someone explain why a gun in space would use heat sinks?

The AEU Enact is pimp. Sounds like it won't ever run out of energy (but maybe ammo?) so long as it's within recieving range of the elevators systems.

i'm seriously confused out of my mind on the E Tieren. plus, a mothership with zero weapons is some kind of sick joke or lack of budget. That thing better be armored beyond belief... It's going to be a sitting duck during re-entry...
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Sat, 08-25-2007 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunota
    Mainichi Mantan Web has a write-up on one of the Gundam 00 early preview screenings in Nakano's Sun Plaza, attended by director Seiji Mizushima, cast members, comedians Teruyuki Uchida & Osamu Wakai, and 2,000 fans. 15,000 fans are expected in total during the 28 total preview showings nationwide. The article also makes clear something that had long been rumored: Similar to Code Geass, episodes 1 through 25 of the series will be broadcast, then the show will take a break before the "second season" is shown.
    Looks like they are gonna torture us with a split series in the scheduling.

Oh man if they are gonna do that to us this series better well dam be worth it.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

i'm with Blade on this one. At first I was just rip-shit angry about this news. I think that if you're going to do a fifty-episode show, you should be able to do it in one shot. We saw they struggled mightily at the end of SEED Destiny, unable to make deadlines and coming up with crappy and un-needed recap episodes instead, but you'd think that they wouldn't start airing until they gave themselves enough completeled episodes to be a cushion for whatever they'd need to create during the actual run...

Taking this kind of break and time gives them no excuses for turning out a superior, well planned and impressive complete series.

I'm really looking forward to it, although I can already guess that the first "season" ends with some kind of cliffhanger, almost undoubtedly the standard "Did (a) the main character die?" cliffhangar that accompanies a climactic MS battle, the destruction of the initial Gundams, and the routine set-up for brand new Gundams for our surviving heroes (because they always survive) and the model kit buying masses.

As much as I liked Gundam Wing, I really hope that this series does not turn out to be like it.
    Lets hope with the new staff comes new ideas.

Latest Trailer

The Gundam that appeared in the end looks looks like the RX-78-2 with wings. It's probably the the prototype of all the initial Gundams (GN-000)

LOL, those looks like giant angel wings and we all know how the last gundam series with an angel gundam was.

If this show keep anything from seed, i seriously hope it's the music because that is about the only truly excellent thing about seed destiny.

I actually didn't see any angel wings on a Gundam during that promo... I saw what looked like one MS boosting with all of its thrusters at max output, and that image at the end seemed to be some kind of Evangelion-esque 'hero descending' biblical style dealie... But it looked like lightning behind the Gundam, not wings.

I'd surely like for them to avoid angel wing designs. Ironically, I did enjoy Gundam Wing a great deal. I agree, the music from SEED, and even SEED Destiny, was top notch. But I'd be willing to settle for lesser music, even less action, if they can put a good story out there.

Also, model images of the Ptolemaios ship. I STILL don't understand how that thing doesn't have any weapons on it...

also, this angle makes it seem like they could conceivably house FIVE Gundams...

and, it does look like those side compartments detach after all... at least on the toys...

some more model pics. cuz why not?
    First, the Union Flag

The Gundam Excia with TWIN BLADES

The Gundam Virtue (Fatboy) with what looks to be an assortment of weapons or a funky weird stand..

also, some more mech info, though i don't recall which mech they're referring to...

AEU-05 Hellion
    Head height: 15.4m
    Base weight: 58.2t
    "AEU MS. Manufactured in large numbers and exported outside of AEU member nations. For that reason, there are cases in which they've been used by terrorists and others. Though it has features, such as flight form support, in common with the latest unit, the Enact, there's a huge gap in their abilities, destining it for retirement. There are many variations on the head portion and armaments."

Workloader - Tiny worker unit.

Amph - The mecha from the beginning of the second TV commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon
    LOL, those looks like giant angel wings and we all know how the last gundam series with an angel gundam was.

If this show keep anything from seed, i seriously hope it's the music because that is about the only truly excellent thing about seed destiny.
    To me, those 'wings' look more like the kind of thing the V Gundam had. (or was it V-2?)

Although it'll probably be the heroic descent masa was talking about.

I hope the music will be good too. It's not the same person doing it, so I think the style will be different. From the series he's done I've only seen Ranma ½. And since the genre is totally different, so should be the music. I don't have anything to compare it with.

Enact, Flag and Hellion with MA lineart:

Reverse bend the knees of the Enact, Flag and Hellion while in MA mode, you'll get a Gerwalk

That place over there........ahh never mind
    For those who haven't heard about it yet, L`Arc~en~Ciel is doing the opening:

Daybreaks bell is the name.

R.I.P Captain America.

Oh nice, I really liked their opening, Shine for Seirei no Moribito.

Now that we are a few days away from the next incarnation of the Gundam world, I was just wondering everyones thoughts, expections, and hopes for the new series?

I have high expectations, but I always do with war dramas. I love what the guy did with FMA, and he certainly seemed to have some very interesting thoughts about what to do with the Gundam franchise. I also think that, with the characters being designed by Yun Kouga, and the very feminine looking pilot, there might be some groundbreaking sexuality issues going on.

It's going to be beautiful and full of explosives. It should be a feast for the eyes.

They seem to be doing what the SEED director could not do, taking great pains to make sure that the production teams have time to create an excellent story and a full series, without those flashback episodes.

I'm thinking that this show is going to be a bit like Gundam Wing, but without the classic "Colonies breaking away from long oppression by the Earth rulers" war setup. The interviews with the director seemed to indicate that the Gundams are going to be way, way more powerful than normal mobile suits... and I highly doubt that the enemies will be able to overcome the mecha spec disparity with those key elements of war that are ever so elusive in anime: strategy and ingenuity...

I am also afraid that the 'Organization fighting for peace against the warring factions' as the initial setup of the main characters is like fast forwarding to the pacifist bullshit fest that comes up in other Gundams.

We'll see, but I always have high expectations for Gundam