Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gundam 00!

"We begin the armed intervention to all warfare with GUNDAM"
    "Rebirth begins through destruction"
    Could be a new game, a new movie, but it looks awesome so i'm hoping a new series!:

Trailer:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=69956

-----------------

According to the guys in animesuki it's a new series. I hope it wont suck

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Gundam00 - Official Site - only has the promo curretly

Quote Originally Posted by Gunota headlines
    Known details are:
    Setting - 2307 AD ("seireki", Japanese for "anno domini")
    Characters - 4 Gundam Meisters, who pilot the mobile weapons.
    Factions - Solestal Beings (not real sure on the English name right now), a private militia group whose purpose is to eradicate wars.
    Tagline at the end of the commercial - "Rebirth begins through destruction"

Rumors about the series have been going around Japanese message boards for some time, especially after Sunrise registered several Gundam00 domains. The proclamation that the setting would neither be in the Universal Century of the original nor the Cosmic Era of Gundam SEED, as stated by Sunrise's Yasuo Miyakawa, seems to have been followed through with. Staff members are yet to be confirmed although the most persistent rumor is that the series will be directed by Fullmetal Alchemist's Seiji Mizushima.
    No SEED. No Fukuda. I am incredibly happy right now.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Sat, 06-02-2007 at 01:01 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Interesting. Nice to see a possible female gundam pilot. Cant wait until it comes out.

Ooh, is it gonna be directed by the director of FMA. That'll be interesting. Probably can expect a lot of angsty teenagers like usual. By "solestal beings" it seems like it's going to be the same premise as a lot of the previous series. Gundam X's New Types, Seed's Coordinators, and a couple others as well probably.

could the "solestal beings" actually be "celestial beings"? the info that masa quoted says they werent sure on the english name.

Here's a scan of the mass production suits I found on another anime forum:

Unit Info from Gunota:
    Gundam 00 enemy MS
    SVMS-01 Union Flag
    "Union variable MS. It can change into a flight form but that doesn't suppose transformation during combat. Armed with a Linear Rifle that fires electromagnetically accelerated live rounds. For melee combat, a super-vibrating Sonic Blade. One part of the machine is also equipped with an energy-covered Plasma Sword blade. There are many variations of this unit."

Head height: 17.9 meters
    Base weight: 67.1 tons
    Designed by Hitoshi Fukuchi

AEU-09 AEU Enact (Demonstration colors)
    "The latest MS developed by the AEU. A solar energy model, the MS itself can accept a direct supply of power from the orbital elevator's generation system. The basic design is based on the Union's Flag and shares many features such as the flight form transformation and armaments. "

Head height: 17.6 meters
    Base weight: 66.8 tons
    Designed by Hitoshi Fukuchi

MSJ-06II-A Tieren
    "Human Progressive League (aka People's Reform League, etc...still no official English version yet. Pick your favorite translation.) mass-production MS. Many variations for ground and space-use exist. Compared to MS in other armies, the unit is unusual in that its very slow. But as much as it sacrifices in mobility, it has strong defensive abilities and can be loaded with heavyweight armaments. It's basic weaponry is a gun & Carbon Blade and though seen as an old model in contrast to other forces, its very reliable."

Head height: 18.1 meters
    Base weight: 121.3 tons
    Designed by Kenji Teraoka
    I think putting those two anorexic MSes in a Gundam show is weird.

Those designs look nice.
    The propellor on the left arm of the Union Flag looks like those beam rotors of Victory Gundam
    I wonder if they can also transform in helicopers.. or if it will be a propellor-plane.

Those 2 skinny suits look a bit like Nirvash from Eureka7.
    I think those suits will rely more on speed then on brute power.

The Tieren looks like a pre-Zaku..or a Gouf.. I never can tell those 2 suits apart..

The Eureka SeveN Nirvash... exactly! I couldn't figure out why those two 'sleek' designs seemed so familar...

I'm not going to make a judgment call until I see them in action, but these look like pretty reasonable mechs... I still fear these 'grunt suits' are going to be completely overmatched by the Gundams (see the interview...), ala Leos in Gundam Wing and every damn grunt suit in SEED...

I wish there was some more difference between the AEU and the UNION staple mechs... if one side decides to color their mechs a different way, they'll be practically disguised as the other side.... well, i suppose the head and shoulders are different enough...

edit -
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunota Headlines
    More Gundam 00 staff announced
    SF advisor - Tomohiro Chiba, Kenji Teraoka
    Sound director - Misafumi Mima
    Music - Kenji Kawai
    Executive producers - Seiji Takeda (Mainichi Broadcasting), Yasuo Miyakawa (Sunrise)
    Art design - Nobuhito Sue (Kusanagi)
    Setting cooperation - Isaku Okabe
    Color design - Akemi Tejima
    Art director - Takeshi Satou (Kusanagi)
    Producers - Hiro Maruyama (Mainichi Broadcasting), Hiroomi Iketani (Sunrise), Shin Sasaki (Sunrise)

A news article from Sports Houchi announces L'Arc En Ciel's new song "Daybreak's Bell", on sale in October, will be the first theme song for Gundam 00.
    Don't know much about these guys... Producers and Executives have been around, but it's always hard to gauge what exactly their impact on the show will be... Most the SFX/art guys are relative newcomers, Kenji Kawai has been around for a long time, though, but I've never seen a series or movie with his music in it...
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Mon, 07-30-2007 at 11:15 AM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Hope it will actually turn out nice i got high hope on this gundam new series .

Ps. Hope it wun be like Gundam Seed with a lot of crying baby inside

I really hope that this series will deliver, im still reeling from the dissapointment of GSD.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

More scans for everyone!
    Scan#1
    Scan#2, better version...
    Scan#3

New Gundam 00 characters
    Info from Newtype via 2ch:

Celestial Being
    Sumeragi Sumomo (Ri? wacky kanji middle name) Noriega - Tactical forecaster of the Celestial Being mothership Ptolemaeus. Not a captain but essentially the top ranking officer on the ship so she takes command. She basically plans all the tactics the Gundam Meisters take part in. 26-years-old. Long, black hair.

Christina Sierra - Ptolemaeus' tactical operator. Highly-skilled as a programmer so she has a career from being discovered by Celestial Being. Has a good-natured personality and has the deep trust of her comrades. 22-years-old. Brown-haired.

Felt Grace - 14-year-old tactical operator, same as Christina. For some reason or another, she seems to not be good at communicating with others. Has a wealth of mechanic-related knowledge and so joined Celestial Being anticipating that. Pink-haired.

Lichtendahl Caeli - 21-year-old with a cheerful personality and Ptolemaeus helmsman. Including him, the mothership's leadership is made up of no more than 5 people.

Lasse Aion - Ptolemaeus' gunner. The mothership's combat ability can be said to be governed by him. A 25-year-old who often acts cynically.

Agent
    Wang Liu Mi - A beautiful 17-year-old celebrity. Today, the Carribean Sea, tomorrow, Japan...she works hard at her social life in financial circles traveling around the world. In reality, she's a secret agent who supports the Gundam Meisters from the shadows. Pig-tailed girl in the trailer.

Hong Rong - Wang Liu Mi's butler. Accompanies her faithfully and refers to her as "ojousama". He is also an Agent.

Union
    Graham Acre - A pilot belonging to the MS team. 27-years-old but is ace level and flies a Flag. He's fixated with the Gundam Excia. The blonde guy in the trailer.

Saji Crossroad - 17. A resident of Japan's special economic zone and a senior high school student studying space engineering. A gentle person who often shows off Louise.

Louise Halevy - 17-year-old student overseas. Studies space engineering like Saji. Is his girlfriend. Her personality is very selfish.

Kinue Crossroad - Saji's older sister. Pursues Celestial Being during the course of working in the media. 22-years-old.

Human Progressive League
    Sergei Smirnov - MS team commander. 43-years-old. Uniformed man with the parted-hair in the trailer.

A certain Middle Eastern country
    Marina Ismail - Azadistan's first princess. Flies to other nations seeking aid to support her country's economy. 24. Black haired woman in the trailer.

AEU
    Patrick Corlasawar - AEU forces ace pilot. A hot-blooded guy.

Rumored info posted days earlier but with names and descriptions matching the Newtype info so on the face of things, these seem reliable:

Felt Grace - In addition to the above info, female Gundam development genius.

Haro - Lockon's partner. Orange.
    The bridge bunnies are hawt!
    And... Another pop star with "evil plans" XD

Edit added scan #3
    Last edited by Illrenmazou; Tue, 08-07-2007 at 12:34 PM.

a 14 year old on a battleship bridge... not liking that... One of the popular elements of Gundam that I've never liked has been to use absurdly young people everywhere, with just a couple aged true veterans in minor roles. Recent series have just made it more and more prevalent...

I can't tell if I'll like any of those characters from reading this. Their designs are all okay, but resemble ones seen in tons of anime before. Will just have to wait...

if the pink haired is supposed to be the 14 y/o then she surely doesnt look it.
    -----------------

Oh thank god. I guess that confirms that she actually is a girl, that 4th pilot or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Oh thank god. I guess that confirms that she actually is a girl, that 4th pilot or whatever.
    not really... actually everything still points to all four pilots being male, even the one with glasses (dressed in pink on the right in image3 in lilrem's post)... The girl with pink HAIR in Image 2 (middle left) is a chick, and, yeah, she doesn't look like she's only 14 at all...

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    not really... actually everything still points to all four pilots being male, even the one with glasses (dressed in pink on the right in image3 in lilrem's post)... The girl with pink HAIR in Image 2 (middle left) is a chick, and, yeah, she doesn't look like she's only 14 at all...
    Yea I didn't read the part at the top of the quote that said "New characters", I thought they were just new information about the current main characters. So yeah, that pilot with the glasses is definetely a dude, I guess it's safe to assume now.

The MS section of the official website now features the Gundam Kyrios in MA mode:
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by Illrenmazou
    The MS section of the official website now features the Gundam Kyrios in MA mode:
    Link
    also added what each of the four pilots' Normal Suits look like... On the 'Character Page' click the blue 'Variation' option underneath their bios... Quite bright color schemes (and the 'he/she' glasses pilot's suit is a bright bright purple...)... but at least we won't be struggling to tell who is who when they're switching back and forth between cockpit dialogues...

yeh, the Kyrios does look pretty good in Flight Mode. Looks to have two weapons mounted on each side also (unless that tip is somehow a weapon, which would shock me)

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    ..but at least we won't be struggling to tell who is who when they're switching back and forth between cockpit dialogues...
    Lol, struggling?
    the color of the eyes/helmets was more then enough for me, actually it was pretty easy telling them apart, shinn was always pissed, athrun was always serious, kira was always emotionless ;o
    -----------------