Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XanBcoo's Art Thread

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

XanBcoo's Art Thread

I've actually been meaning to make this thread for about a year now, but never actually got around to it. Go me!

Anyway, as I sometimes offer critique on other people's drawings posted here, I figured I should at least post some of my own. I also love drawing, and would call it my favorite hobby, but I have yet to upload many of my drawings to GW, so I think I'll just post a few here.

Any technical critique is welcome and encouraged. I visit a few artwork boards that are extremely harsh in terms of critique so don't be shy, I'm used to it! I also tend to start picture projects, but not finish or follow through with them, so please excuse that, and some of these aren't quite as impressive as they would be if I were a little more dedicated, heh.

Fanart:
    Gaara/Shukakku face done about 3 years ago in high school.
    2-D from Gorillaz made darker in photoshop by a buddy of mine since the scan was kinda bad.
    ...And that's all for my fanart that I've actually scanned. My school notes are littered with mountains of pictures of Kakashi/Naruto/Neji/Ichigo and so forth, but I've actually scanned very little of those.

Original Stuff
    Layout for an original character Misato - honestly, a lot of my stuff is of her. This one's old and quite messy/unrefined.
    Misato face done with colored pencils and smoothed out on PS. Was thinking of using this as an Ava for a long time.
    Unnamed character "Cap Girl" similarly colored.
    Gangsta Style Misato - this one's a mess. I still like the concept though and hope to color it someday
    Misato in Cargo Pants ignore ugly sketches around her plz
    Mini-comic of Misato 4 years ago done during Government class. "I don't like this Government stuff"

Some of these are pretty old. Ugh, I used to be so messy with my drawings, and still am, to an extent. I've got a few more, but I didn't want to get too image-heavy on my first post. What do y'all think?
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Thu, 06-21-2007 at 03:50 PM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    dude you should just give up. this shit sucks. you have no talent and should tear up all those ugly scribblings, then go beat your head against the wall until you get all delusions of ever being artistic out of it. your character designs are ugly, not thought out at all, and it's painfully obvious you weren't even trying when you made them anyway. Certainly don't attempt to incorporate backgrounds or experiment more with fluid movement or different facial expressions. Just give up.

... ... ...(hopefully you pick up on the fact that I'm being sarcastic, playing off your mentioning of art site assholes, and that you should read the above as if today were opposite day).... ... ... ...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

nice stuff man, keep at it
    -----------------

Nice XanBcoo. I like your style. Especially your original artwork. Post more! ^_^

I completely disagree with Masa. I had no idea you were so good at drawing! Keep doing it, man! And keep posting more results here. I especially wouldn't mind more mini-comics, because it showed much more of your talent when you set your mind to finishing something, and not leaving it at the sketching phase.

That's not the point, Masa.

Nice stuff! Wish I can draw like that instead of using cheap Photoshop tricks all the time. Do post more works!
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Photoshop is not cheap, no matter how much i wish it was. Anyway nice stuff Xan, didn't really expect anything like this out of you. Keep it comin'.

I'm official.

Good work man, keep practicing and you'll get better.

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar

Thumbs up

nice work Xan. i know how it is to start projects and not follow through with them and i can definitely relate to drawing over class notes. doing original character layouts require patience and i commend you on your efforts in taking the time to work on the profiles, expressions, etc. that's an area where i wish i had a bit more time and patience to work on those things instead of just doing regular fanarts. Anyhow like i said, nice work
    Keep it up!

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

Thanks so much for the compliments guys. Really appreciated.

Here's something I did just a few minutes ago:

Girl in Hoodie - Sauce is this girl I know's facebook picture. Gonna try and add stuff to it later.

Girl's face - did this one last year actually. Unfinished.

Some doodles from class - topic is Jorge Luis Borges. Pictures unrelated.

Another doodle from class with another hoodie

I really like hoodies. I wish I could draw thick cloth and folds better .

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Nice dragon. Ferocious.

I wish you would finish more pictures.

Thanks Kraco.

I'm gonna try and color the hoodie girl picture within the next few days. I'm determined to see at least one project through to the end!

Not sure if this is worth bumping my measly thread for, but at my art club this weekend we all drew cartoon versions of ourselves.

Here is me +10 years:

I can't draw legs at all.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    First thing I thought was:

"Where did all those pounds you gained go?"

lol. Very nice pic though Xan. The style's nice.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I see myself wasting away to a waif of a man due to my obsessive practicing and love of rocking the hell out. That's what I was going for, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Not sure if this is worth bumping my measly thread for, but at my art club this weekend we all drew cartoon versions of ourselves.

Here is me +10 years:

I can't draw legs at all.
    Kinda reminds me of Guitar Hero-like art. Anyway, great job. Your whole portfolio looks much better than anything I can do.
    Now 99% disease free!

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I see myself wasting away to a waif of a man due to my obsessive practicing and love of rocking the hell out. That's what I was going for, at least.
    Yes, the drugs and hard liquor that come with the rock and roll lifestyle will take their toll on your workout schedule.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

XanBcoos Art Thread

wow... this is great bro... u have great skill... i believe u will draw very very cool when u draw it with pencil and paper...

Been doing a lot of drawings in MSPaint recently. I think I'm getting better at using a mouse than I am at drawing by hand:

A poster I made for a friend's video project about super heroes:

Originally intended as a picture response for forums:

Chipotle is for Hipsters:

Little alien guy:

Working on musculature:

I've seen more hipsters in Texas than New York...
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel