Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Gotwoot (at least for now)

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would

Farewell Gotwoot (at least for now)

Well this is something I wished I didn’t have to write but it was suggested I do (strongly mind you). At first I wasn’t even going to try but it seems that some really do care about my persona on the net so writing a little something is worth it to them.

This is my farewell to Gotwoot and Resignation as a Moderator, effective August 19th

For those that don’t know, the reason for this is that I will be serving my home of Canada in its military. The contract I have with them is 4 years long and has a long training plan ahead for me. The reason for doing this was purely on reasons of personal advancement, and not for a reason of “I want to go shoot people” More information can be found in this thread

In the coming months it will become harder for me to visit the forums much less watch anime that I have been downloading and have not been able to watch as well. If I find time to visit the net it will be writing E-mails to family and friends first. This is a farewell, however I would like you all know that it’s possibly not permanent. I’m not sure what the future will hold for me, although I hope fate has a good story to tell me. I will miss my days at Gotwoot and #gotwoot. The laughs, the bullshit, the ups and the downs, they were really good times.

I can’t be glad of everything that has happened over these years, more recently my own decline in the kindness I once had to those on the these forums and frankly some other things. I’m not proud of it, and I wish that I could retrace those steps, however it is pointless. I’ll miss more then a few of you all, being that the people here were basically my only community for the last 3-4 years. Some people I met here I count as real friends, and I would be glad to help them in anyway I could.

At that I’d like to finish this post off, I’m not very good at writing farewell letters so this is about as far as I can get.I wish good luck to all of you, and here is to hope that I’m not gone forever.

Also one last thing for you all: DF's Farewell Contest

-DF

-Pte(r) David "Deadfire" Lagimodiere
    Last edited by Deadfire; Tue, 08-14-2007 at 03:18 PM.
    image fail!

aww, they grow up so fast *sniff*

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    ...well, i'll miss him, even if we didn't always see eye to eye on things...

and, if you read this, DF, good luck out there in the army. don't let it get to you badly and take care of yourself.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Make sure to come around when you can, and don't get shot by the Russians in the war for the pole in 2011.

All the best to you, DF.

Peace out and good luck. Have fun

Aw, good luck bro
    If it makes you feel any better, Twisted Renders fell through so it's one less thing to think about.

master_me + dA = <3

Good luck DF.
    May Saber be with you...

Seriously talking (writing?) I do hope you do good, and once in a while come and say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    Make sure to come around when you can, and don't get shot by the Russians in the war for the pole in 2011.
    I agree!

Best of luck to you, man!

At ease, soldier! Military training in itself is an experience unlike anything else you can get in the world and as such invaluable. Maybe during all those months in training you will actually catch a few other modes of combat in addition to your dear deadfire. You never know!

Take it easy and don't look back. Gotwoot won't be the same but it'll manage somehow.

I can't say I ever liked you, so hopefully you'll die in a USA friendly fire bombing.

As long as you don't have the American military in front or behind you at any point within 4000 miles either way, you'll be fine

Good luck with your training.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    The reason for doing this was purely on reasons of personal advancement, and not for a reason of “I want to go shoot people”
    Yeah right. I thought about joining the reserves for a couple months last summer to earn some tuition while shooting some guns. Didn't happen.

Your moderate moderating style will be missed.

But you never know. Before America entrenched itself in an unwinnable war, my friend was in the army. He was stationed in Germany and watched more anime and played more xbox than he ever had in high school.

But take heed of complich8's warning. Those Russians are wily.

Oh hax Last time I come back to gotwoot like 5 days before you leave -- Goodbye DF you will forever be a girl in my eyes.. The way it was meant to be.

See ya Deadfire, give those Danes hell. And be sure to bring Saber pictures with you to keep your sanity.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Military life won't be as constrictive as you imagine, you'll still have time to surf the interweb and watch animes. It's the Canadian military after all, not the IDF or US Marines. Soldiers in the US Army stationed in Iraq are issued XBox 360s along with their BDUs. Gotta keep morale up.

So another mod position opens up. Who will be deemed worthy? BoC or Psyke would make good choices.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

We already have so many mods at it is

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    With Deadfire's departure we're down to 7 active mods, plus terra (who's closer to a mod than an admin). I think that still has us covered enough that I don't have to wear the mod hat too often. If it feels like there's a staffing shortage, I might consider recruiting someone else in a couple weeks... but only if I feel like there's a real shortage.

Man, DF......Your leaving us with quite a parting gift. (Farewell Contest)

I wish you the best and hope you take what you'll learn in this period of your life seriously.
    Its been good knowing you and i'm sure most of us sincerely hope these last few days won't be the last we'll see of you.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Wow... I didnt think you would leave the forums. Anyways, good luck with everything and I hope you will have a great experience. Enjoy the four years because time passes really fast!