Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Recommendation and Suggestion Query

Oh. I guess we all totally neglected mecha. You seemed to focus more on the ninja/martial arts/fighting and other shonen series like that.

The only recent mecha of any decent quality as far as I'm concerned is Eureka 7. It isn't constant use of it mind you, there's a lot more character development and other plotlines. The mecha in it seems more like a side story, its there, but the focus is not on it all the time.

Definitely worth the watch though, an excellent series.

You could also try the 13 eps series Jinki:Extend from a year or two back but it's fairly mediocre. I enjoyed it, but there are better series out there.

Missing Nin
    Mecha shows have sucked or not existed for quite a while now so there is really nothing new to offer. If you want Macros you have Macross Zero but thats only 5 extended episodes given the art in it is great but its just the same old plot wise.

Gundam Seed Destiny was a trainwreck and if you liked that you might like Eureka 7 as stated, but thats about all I can manage that isn't on your list already. Unless you want random transformers series or dubbed Power Rangers stuff which is rather unlikely.

No power rangers and transformers for me!

I will check out this Eureka 7!

Thanks once more!

sigh...what anime should I watch next?

Ok peeps, I need help on taking in a new anime. I like anime that has some of everything... not like the dragonball series where there's too much fight and no story and not like one piece which is the most childish fucken show. Tenjou tenge was too short so i need something with at least 50 eps. I watched Naruto and Bleach which were both great, unfortunately because of the childish fillers, Naruto no longer interests me. What should I watch next? Full metal? What's Kyou Kara Maou like? I wouldn't mind an anime without the weird japanese humor either. So, a very serious anime isn't a bad thing. I JUST WANT SOMETHING GOOD before i flip out man!! Because regular TV sucks ASS!!!

A nice topic, but someone already has a topic just like it here. I'm merging your post with this thread, instead of locking or deleting it because you're new. Please don't make this a habit or a ban may be used to enforce those rules you argreed to when you started posting here.

User Warned
    Last edited by Deadfire; Sun, 04-23-2006 at 09:23 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Full Metal Alchemist seems to be the one that fits your constrictions. One Piece isn't childish, though it might be more on the the humorous side.

anyone ever seen golden boy?
    thers one for ya
    "Rotating Surfboard Of Death, Kenny"--Vic Ramono

Golden Boy's good due to its sheer hilarity. Guys probably appreciate the massive fan service that abounds in this very short series (5 or 6 eps) =P I remember watching this and nearly fell out of my chair during the.... second ep, I think. It's the one where he's led by the hand by some rich student and.... =X

As per the One Piece discussion, I would refer you to this thread:
    http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=12877
    It goes over some key reasons why people like it so much and why. Many people seemed to have had go to at least the Arlong Ark before really enjoying (I for 1). Give it a shot and you'll really like it.
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,
    The 12 Kingdoms, and Soukou no Strain (kinda)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#blood-scanlations~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recently I have been looking for some new shows to watch and I have found a few that I'm not sure about, so I thought you guys could help me out.

Are any of these shows, in your opinion, a MUST see (or atleast up there with the great ones) and why? Or, should I avoid one?

Outlaw Star
    Monster
    .Hack//SIGN
    Hunter x Hunter

I realize Hunter x Hunter and Monster are very popular but with my limited space I am wondering if I "have to" download them.

Thanks in advance,
    xDM

Haven't seen the first three... so I can only highly recommend HxH It's a great series and slightly atypical to most shounen types. The main character can display some idiocy but has never turned stupid in a fight (*cough*naruto*cough). Battle tactics there are usually pretty well thought out.

I've been wanting to see Outlaw Star for a while now though. Tried to download the series once but turned out there was no subs to it. So I haven't bothered to try too hard looking for it again =P So if you ever get your hands on it, lemme know how it is

Gankutsuou. This is the BEST anime I have ever seen.

Planetes and Infinite Ryvius are two other very good ones. These three series have the most realistic characters in any anime I've seen.
    Last edited by mage; Fri, 04-28-2006 at 11:28 PM.

DM all of those are very good but Monster is a must see, it is easily one of the best animes ever. Yes, I know very big words but trust me you won't be sorry and it is well worth the HD space.

Quote Originally Posted by xDarkMaster
    Recently I have been looking for some new shows to watch and I have found a few that I'm not sure about, so I thought you guys could help me out.

Are any of these shows, in your opinion, a MUST see (or atleast up there with the great ones) and why? Or, should I avoid one?

Outlaw Star
    Monster
    .Hack//SIGN
    Hunter x Hunter

I realize Hunter x Hunter and Monster are very popular but with my limited space I am wondering if I "have to" download them.

Thanks in advance,
    xDM
    HxH and Monster are must downloads. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by xDarkMaster

Outlaw Star
    Monster
    .Hack//SIGN
    Hunter x Hunter
    In accordance with what Bud said, HxH is a series comparable to Naruto, and thus you could call it a must download. Monster is a must if you like totally realistic murder / psycho (not Hollywood style) mysteries. Outlaw Star is a very good example of a rugged space flight scifi series that's quite similar to Firefly. In my opinion it was a very good series, and well worth downloading, although I don't know if it's a must.

.Hack//SIGN is a bloody boring anime, but I guess it has its supporters. But most likely if you are so bored that you download .Hack//SIGN, you will be even more bored after watching it. Well, to be honest I haven't watched but 4 or 5 episodes from the beginning, before I got fed up with the odd characters and their odder behaviors. Every single one of them behave as if they were happily stoned, and thus any action is such a bother to initiate... Maybe I will finish it some day. Who knows.

i recommend that like myself you just give up anime and focus all your time on manga

But HxH is good

Thanks a lot guys, I'll be sure to download HxH and Monster (even though I don't know if I'm into the whole murder thing). I'll consider Outlaw Star and probably won't download .Hack//Sign unless someone tells me otherwise.

.Hack//Sign is not too bad, but the pacing is slow...like SLOW. If you can download all the eps and watch them in one sitting, then you mite enjoy it. Otherwise you'll probably get bored. But it does have awesome music, so you should definately get the soundtrack.

Anyone ever see all of Mouse? i liked that series though it was very short. and the english voice acting was bad. but it had an awesome plot.
    "Rotating Surfboard Of Death, Kenny"--Vic Ramono

Monster
    One Piece
    Yakitate Japan
    Ray The Animation
    Planetes

This is my TOP 5 series .

Once again, I must ask for your opinions

Ghost in the Shell
    Full Metal Panic
    GunGrave
    Berserk
    Hellsing

I realize these might seem like classics to a lot of you but with my even more limited space I am wondering if I "have to" download them.

Thanks in advance,
    xDM