Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Recommendation and Suggestion Query

Blog Entries
    Looking for a good comedy this time

- I've enjoyed: FLCL, Urusei Yatsura, Excel Saga... so i'm looking for something of that genre

Btw, can anyone tell me what they think about this anime called BLASSREITER ?

I've seen a poster of it and i was intrigued, looks quite good.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Minami-ke (+)
    School Rumble (+)
    Chobits (50% romantic 50% funny imho) (+)
    Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
    The melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi (+)
    Azumanga Daioh
    Great Teacher Onizuka

I've watched those with a (+)...they are all *very* good and I've been told that the rest is very funny too

blassreiter hmmm...
    dunno, that series never appealed to me, it was released together with Tower of Druaga (which is kinda funny too btw, lots of comedy episodes with a very good tense ending)

GTO is a must watch on that list. Azumanga Daioh is one of the classics too so it can't hurt to check that out (Chiyo is the best character ever in that series. I'll never forget her cooking song). After you watch the GTO anime, definitely check out the live action. I don't think you'll be disappointed by it Arch.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

ArchAngel: Go watch Golden Boy. King of All Comedy, along side GTO of course.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Blog Entries
    oh yeah, i've watched Golden boy too, i forgot to add it to the list

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu

well not only fumoffu but the other series too, but fumoffu is *really* funny, thats true... I love the "rugby" episode. its priceless.

hi,

i justwanted to ask, if someone knows a website, where you can download animes, new and old ones, directly, without torrents. my router does have some problems with torrents recently :-/

for example, im looking for hikaru no go at the moment

This isn't the place to ask such questions. This is a recommendations thread. Head to the Downloads forum. Other than that, learn to use irc. It will solve some of your problems. And fix your router settings. If your fridge breaks, you don't stop cold storing of foods, you fix the fridge. If your router settings are bad, you don't stop downloading, you fix the router.

And don't answer to this post.

Edit: A strange typing error...
    Last edited by Kraco; Wed, 08-06-2008 at 04:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Everyone's talking about it, code geass is really on fire. What can u guys tell me about it? I'm thinking of starting watching that too.

Mecha-series... about a student who wants to liberate japan which was conquered by the forces of the exiled-british monarch..

the student however is a prince himself (one of the sons of the british monarch)

also, there is a mysterious force called "Geass" which allows the student to order everyone arround (there are different kinds of "Geass" though...)

well its a *bit* like Death Note
    cat n mice here and there... mecha fighting there...love story here... "mysterious organisations" on the one hand, racism on the other hand.....and so on

pretty good stuff
    (difficult to explain everything without spoilers)

unless you hate mecha-series, you should give it a try... its not so much of a mecha series like gundam, but there are a lot of fights too. (which is a good thing btw)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Fri, 08-08-2008 at 07:02 AM.

I am looking for a new anime to watch, I feel I am running out of good ones. Anyone have any suggestions?

I've already seen the following:

Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Champloo, Samurai Deeper Kyo, watching Gundam Seed (waiting for my friend to get me the DVD's so I can watch them on my TV, planning on watching destiny after), Gundam 00, Amatsuki, Vampire Knight, Yu Yu Hakusho, Avatar (Is that an anime?), Monster, Fate/Stay Night, Death Note, Elfen Lied, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, and maybe a couple of others I can't remember.

My favorites were Yu Yu Hakusho, Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, Fate/Stay Night, Gundam Seed, and Naruto (pre-shippuuden). Does anyone know of any good anime series that I haven't seen yet and are somewhat like my favorites?

Cheers!

Hunter x Hunter
    Project ARMS
    Code Geass
    Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
    Mushishi
    School Rumble
    Golden Boy

Theres a few to hold ya. The first three seem to be more geared towards what you have seen thus far. But the rest are all excellent series, so give em a shot. I'm sure you'll like em.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33
    well not only fumoffu but the other series too, but fumoffu is *really* funny, thats true... I love the "rugby" episode. its priceless.
    Yes indeed, that was an amazing episode. Sousuke training the rugby team was just full of awesome. My favorite episodes was when Tessa and everyone went to the hot springs and the last episode. Sousuke's classmates reactions = priceless.

@lelouch: Based on your list, I would try out (these just came to mind):

1. Gundam: The 08th MS Team - short series (13 episodes I think) but one of the best Gundam series out there in my opinion (I'd go far to say that its even better than Gundam Seed).

2. Gungrave - really great story to it. Don't want to say much to spoil but once I started watching it, I couldn't even stop. The action is ok but the story really shines.

3. Outlaw Star - A classic. Lots of great characters in this one.

4. Soul Eater - Currently airing right now (check out the Series En Fuego section) and the anime is just fantastic. The humor is the best part of Soul Eater but the story and the action is also great and I think you'll enjoy it.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Also try Seirei no Moribito, Crest of the Stars and Banner of the Stars. These are some of my favorites!

All credit goes to Lucifus for the amazing signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by lelouch
    I am looking for a new anime to watch, I feel I am running out of good ones. Anyone have any suggestions?

My favorites were Yu Yu Hakusho, Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, Fate/Stay Night, Gundam Seed, and Naruto (pre-shippuuden). Does anyone know of any good anime series that I haven't seen yet and are somewhat like my favorites?
    Some series you might like based on the combination of your favorites:

They are in no particular order, so you should check them out on AniDB to see if they interest you.
    Gurren Lagann
    Hellsing Ultimate
    Macross Frontier (possibly Super Dimensional Fortress Macross as well if you can stand the outdated art, but you do like YYH, so you might.)
    Pumpkin Scissors
    Utawarerumono
    AirMaster
    History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
    Basilisk
    Busou Renkin
    Tenjou Tenge
    Outlaw Star
    Vandread

EDIT:
    and the two other series authored by Type-Moon, writers of Fate/Stay Night
    Tsukihime
    Kara no Kyoukai (series of movies)
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 08-10-2008 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouch
    Akagi
    Kaiji

Not really very similar to your favorites, but I think you will enjoy both of them.

Just finished Chobits today and.... I want *more*

I'm looking for a good romance story, which doesn't get boring..

I would even put something like Fate Stay Night into the same category..
    and even though there is no "romance": Rozen Maiden (for some reason, I dunno...)

So basically I'm looking for something with an adorable Character.. it doesn't have to be something like "True Tears" where everything is *totally* focussed on the romance between the main-characters, I don't mind if there is action or comedy ^^, actually I like it even more then.

Chobits got a nice mix between romantic-comedy-ethics(!) with a very good ending.

It doesn't matter if the anime is just about the first 4 volumes of the manga of that series... that would be even better, because if I like it I got something to read after watching the episodes.

So... I know its difficult to find what I'm looking for, but any suggestions?

what I've watched so far would be... hmmm I guess "Melancholy of Haruhi" would fit in.. this, plus the few animes I've mentioned .

This is a lot easier than you think:

Itazura na Kiss - comedy-centered romance, currently airing
    Ai Yori Aoshi - psuedo-harem (lead not interested in other girls) romance comedy, though depending on you, could come off boring.
    Bokura ga Ita - cute-styled romance with slightest hints of tragedy
    Midori no Hibi - comedy romance about a "right-hand girlfriend"...literally.
    Mahoromatic - Automatic maiden meets boy, action/comedy a plenty. Cute girls a plus.
    Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai - "spinoff" of Mahoro, exact same cast with a totally different plot, still enough of action, lots of moe.
    Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ - character designs definitely on the cute side, cute character personalities, lots of comedy.
    Bamboo Blade - Comedy, Tama-chan, and other characters to hit that aspect. Romances hinted at but never really get to them in the anime.
    Stellvia the Universe - cute main character, romance side plots, and it takes place in space! Definitely one of the highest rated 'classic' series.
    Kaleido Star - 51 episodes, though not quite the vein of what you describe, I'm sure it will satisfy what you seem to be looking for.
    ARIA - Atmosphere is similar to Chobits...in a way. Very relaxing and filled with the same appeal you are looking for.
    Aishiteruze Baby - Comedy, the feeling you're after, and a little romance on the side. Ending cuts off, last 1.5 volumes of manga completes.
    Honey and Clover - same.
    Asatte no Houkou - series with a bit of mystery around it, a little like Chobits in that way, with a lot of character development and a cold 30-year old woman turned loli.
    Spice and Wolf - Has the same atmosphere you're looking for, and enough of the comedy, well worth the try if you haven't seen it.

...and if you are looking for more CLAMP, Angelic Layer.

You will also definitely want to try out Skip Beat when it starts in the fall, though I am a little leery how it will turn out. I have very high expectations that may or may not be met. Then again, NANA turned out okay.

...and I didn't even cover manga.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Wed, 08-13-2008 at 07:12 PM.

edit: shit wrong thread....
    wanted to post in the cosplay thread

ehhhh "thx ryllharu" ^^