Page 26 of 82 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Recommendation and Suggestion Query

Have some good fun with Golden Boy and Those Who Hunt Elves 1 and 2. Otherwise, you seem like a guy who likes long series, Rurouni Kenshin and Gundam SEED are great.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    Hey guys, im watching naruto, bleach, one piece and have watched and enjoyed flcl, trigun, full metal alchemist, outlaw star, cowboy bebop (those were my favourites). based on that list is there anything you guys would recomend me?
    Hunter X Hunter... enough said. You have to give it a chance though, the second half of the series and the OVAs are my favorite portion.

Black Lagoon
    Blood+
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Coyote Ragtime Show
    Last Exile
    Angel Links
    (same world of Outlaw Star)
    Kenshin
    Scrapped Princess
    Berserk
    Claymore
    Fate/stay night
    Hellsing OVA
    Full Metal Panic!
    Gungrave
    Basilisk
    Kekkaishi
    Gurren-Lagann
    Code Geass
    Samurai 7
    Gantz
    Beet the Vandel Buster
    Busou Renkin
    The Third
    Utawarerumono
    Eureka seveN
    Glass no Kantai
    Marchen Awakens Romance
    Tenjou Tenge
    Solty Rei
    Hajime no Ippo
    Rave
    Twelve Kingdoms
    Shura no Toki
    Flame of Recca
    Read or Die OVA
    ROD TV
    Melody of Oblivion
    Inuyasha
    Get Backers
    Noir
    Madlax
    Scryed
    Chrono Crusade
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    Eden's Bowy
    Air Master
    Shadow Skill
    Samurai Champloo
    Vandread

Enjoy. I think that's enough.
    Last edited by Munsu; Sat, 03-29-2008 at 06:55 AM.

Try 12 Kingdoms... the show will never be over ( i think one of the producers died or something) but its separated into distinct arcs which follow different characters (first and third ones are my probably my favourite stories in anime)... btw, first two-three eps feel confusing but everything is explained within the first arc

EDIT: forgot to add... Full Metal Panic! first season is good... but the Second season (The Second Raid) is a masterpiece.

Another Edit: Munsu, you put Glass no Kantai there? I thought no-one watched that show (except me)
    Last edited by Darknodin; Sat, 03-29-2008 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Ikari
    I'm looking for an anime with a dark story. A series with great music and awesome voices, preferebly around 26 eps or longer. Anyone got any ideas?
    Forgot:
    Boogiepop Phantom
    Serial Experiments Lain
    Texhnolyze
    Now and Then, Here and There
    (fucked up)

Another Edit: Munsu, you put Glass no Kantai there? I thought no-one watched that show (except me)
    I haven't finished it yet, about 8 episodes to go (about 10 months ago), but since he liked Outlaw Star and such, he should give it a try.

Yuh, Now and then, Here and there is totally fucked up. I was so disturbed by it.

Blog Entries
    Munsu u rock!!! Im gonna copy paste the names so i dont forget any Think ill start with kenshin i've heard about it. Also have you heard of one called "death note" i've heard that it's just my kind of anime too

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Also have you heard of one called "death note" i've heard that it's just my kind of anime too
    deathnote is one of the most exciting animes out there in my opinion however only up to episode ~24 or so. the later episodes were just tooooooo much

a famous quote "just as planned" maybe you've heard about that one before ^^

if you like crime thrillers with ethic backgrounds etc. then deathnote is your "heaven" but even if you arn't into thrillers its still pretty good. the anime is mainly about "brain fighting"

it is simply fun to watch Light trying to create his "perfect world"
    btw this anime/manga has also 2(!) movies with REAL(!) actors... they arn't as good as the anime though, but it shows how good this anime is.

This might be a tad off topic but, Does anyone know where I can find movies with either Takeshi Kaneshiro or Anne Suzuki? The movie "Returner" with both of them was awesome, and Takeshi's voice for Onimusha (a movie according to imdb is in the making) was also great.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I don't know where you could download them, but I can tell you where you can find info about what they were in. IMDB is surprisingly good at a lot of international titles...

Anne Suzuki: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0840551/
    Takeshi Kaneshiro: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0437580/

Blog Entries
    Finished death note... and i'm not disapointed You were completely right kray the anime is amzing till ep 25 and after that it kind of dies but it's still enjoyable.

Im thinking of taking a look to hunter x hunter next but isn't it a litle kiddy?

Im thinking of taking a look to hunter x hunter next but isn't it a litle kiddy?
    Don't worry about it. It's true textbook shounen, but that being said, it really shines in that category. One could say that the fact you are considering it shows you are interested in shounen, and truth to be told, there are few better examples of a succesful shounen show than Hunter x Hunter. You won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Don't worry about it. It's true textbook shounen, but that being said, it really shines in that category. One could say that the fact you are considering it shows you are interested in shounen, and truth to be told, there are few better examples of a succesful shounen show than Hunter x Hunter. You won't regret it.
    That's the impression you'll get from the beginning of the series... but as the series progresses, as far as shounen goes, it's one of the darkest ones. You know, when people start getting killed.

Blog Entries
    Hmm well with such strong opinions i'll take a look at it, but just to be sure, if you had to compare it to any other anime what would it be? And the main character is gonna learn some sort of special power right? ( they always do lol )

Well, if I had to compare it to another anime, then maybe Naruto in a way. He'll learn some powers (don't know how special they are in the scheme of things), but not right away... it'll take some time. The anime is pretty much split in half. The Hunter Exam, and what happens after it.

Keep in mind, that there's a TV series, and 3 sequel OVAs.

Blog Entries
    Errr... hunter x hunter will have to wait for now, i just started watching this anime called samurai X... omg it kicks ass!

Samurai X is what is usually reffered to as the prequel OVA for Rurouni Kenshin... don't think that the quality and the violence will keep up with the tv series, but the tv series is really good in itself. Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal is simply on a league of its own.
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=rel&aid=73

Blog Entries
    Well im watching an anime called "Rurouni Kenshin" aka samurai x or so they tell me. You mean it has an OVA too? Dam i have to google this asap.

Use either Animenewsnetwork or Anidb for your anime info. Every anime page have links to other ova and series that relate to the story in some way.

Well im watching an anime called "Rurouni Kenshin" aka samurai x or so they tell me. You mean it has an OVA too? Dam i have to google this asap.
    As you can see from the link, I gave you there are two sets of OVAs. One is 4 episodes long that comes before the tv series. The other one is 2 episodes long and comes after the tv series. They're known by many different names, but these are what you're looking for:
    http://www.majin2007.com/torrents-details.php?id=25

You need to register. The torrent has the whole series plus the ovas. The prequel OVA are the 4 episodes called "[AHQ] Rurouni Kenshin OAV's - Trust and Betrayal" (Before the series). The sequel OVA (after the tv series) are two episodes called "[AHQ] Rurouni Kenshin OAV's - Seiso Hen"
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 04-11-2008 at 03:51 PM.

Sorry, but i lost track this anime season, so i have to ask:

What are the good new shows?

I already watch Itazuna Kiss and Code Geass Season 2. What else? Last season i watched Bamboo Blade, True tears, Myself Yourself, Kaiji, etc., now im totally unaware of what to give a try. :-/