Page 42 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Recommendation and Suggestion Query

Blog Entries
    I've seen it on google a few times

If i find it i'll Pm it to you Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    Is there a full version of that picture? =) I love it.

Oh, isn't the new one just going to follow the manga? if that's the case, it'll be a lot different. Shouldn't it be called the alternative rather than remake? (I cannot wait for this btw)
    Junior : -_- Deja Vu
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Blog Entries
    ....wait

You made that??

O_o Holy shit...

....No.

I made the banner.

I am however learning to make that. Got a trusty wacom and been learning for the past 2 - 3 months. Cell shading is ridiculously easy as well.

Web Design has been taking up all my time however.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Blog Entries
    I can draw well i guess... but i don't think i'll ever be able to do that.

If i gave u one of my drawings would u be able to "upgrade it" to something like that?

Hey guys, this is an anime recommendation thread. Just to let you know before you turn this into a drawing thread.

This is off-topic but I didn't want to start a new thread, but there was a wiki-like site that listed who upcoming anime series were going to be subbed by. Reason is, a series I want to watch "Kemono no Souja Erin" already has 2 raw episodes out and no sub in sight, so I just wanted to know if any groups were even planning to sub this.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animus
    This is off-topic but I didn't want to start a new thread, but there was a wiki-like site that listed who upcoming anime series were going to be subbed by. Reason is, a series I want to watch "Kemono no Souja Erin" already has 2 raw episodes out and no sub in sight, so I just wanted to know if any groups were even planning to sub this.
    http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_WINTER_2008

Got it bookmarked
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 01-19-2009 at 01:27 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Im thinking of watching the following anime:

Macross Frontier and Claymore

Can anyone pls tell me about what subbers to watch and give their opinion on the shows?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Short Overview:

Claymore

Plot: Girls with swords and demonic powers fight against monsters in a medieval society.

Thoughts: Awesome show. Good action, captivating soundtracks, makes you think about the the lack ofpolitics of the place too. Anime-original ending sucked hard though, but it's still a good show. Recommended for the Shounen inside of you.

Subber: Eclipse DVD re-release here

Macross Frontier

Plot: Space fleet heads into deep space and gets attacked by unknown alien life form.

Thoughts: Very good songs - as you'd expect from a Macross title. Flashy space battles and CG mecha. Plot is somewhat unoriginal. Some would consider it broken. I found it fine. It slows down a bit near the middle, but hang in there, the finale's a bang. I found the show overall to be pretty damn good. Recommended if you like mecha and space battles.

Subbers:
    gg - Ep7 and up
    Lunar - batch can be found on isohunt. Can't guarantee for quality (didn't watch)
    Menclave/Aone: releasing as we speak. Most likely the best translators of the bunch
    Thora: Blu-Ray releases. I think they're using menclave's translations

If you can wait, got with the last 2. If not, I was more than happy with gg. I watched Ep1-6 from Gattai (can't find them now), and the Anniversary special from Shinsen.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Tue, 02-03-2009 at 07:15 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Hmm on a second thought i think i'll pass both of them since i've already had my share of space mechas and shitty endings from Gurren Lagann ( again, i fucking loved it but the ending was terrible )

Got anything for me with loads of action, senseless violence, a good plot and a lovable main character?

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Hmm on a second thought i think i'll pass both of them since i've already had my share of space mechas and shitty endings from Gurren Lagann ( again, i fucking loved it but the ending was terrible )

Got anything for me with loads of action, senseless violence, a good plot and a lovable main character?
    Afro Samurai?

is revenge a good enough plot for you?

user posted image

Black Lagoon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    Black Lagoon.
    Best subbing group?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Best subbing group?
    Just go with the dvdrips by KAA.

The dub of Black Lagoon isn't bad either until the last arc of The Second Raid (last 4 eps of the second season). The main cast is actually amazingly well done.

Other series of senseless, glorious violence?

That also boasts loveable main characters? Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (and sequel Kai). This series is an absolute must for any mystery fan, but it was broadcast considerably uncensored, loads of violence, but plenty of humor mixed in and one hell of a loveable central character (for season 2, season 1 is well divided among them all). Loveable villains too! (Depending on the arc). Get Ayu or WinD subs.

Higurashi is one of my all time favorite series (hence the avatar).

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan. Only season 1, and make sure they are dvd rips. Froth-Bite or Triad.

Elfen Lied. Gore, more gore, nudity, cute split personality psychos (see Higurashi) and lolis if you are into that. Get anime.fin if you can find them, a4e's dvd rips if you can't.

Mezzo Forte and Mezzo DSA. Be forewarned, Mezzo Forte is a hentai, but the hentai is really just there for being there, it's actually an awesomely violent OVA. This is Black Lagoon in Japan before the Black Lagoon manga was written. DSA is just as good, but lighter so it could be aired on TV. The three main characters are awesome. Jeet Kune Do ass-kicker chick, genius punk technician, and pun-filled forceably retired cop.
    I don't think you have more than one option for either show on this one.

Blog Entries
    As for Elfen Lied i've heard it has a depressing ending, is that true?

And i don't like hentai so i'll pass on that last one.

Elfen Lied has an open ending. It's up to you how you want to take it. The manga however, does not, and it is fairly depressing. But on a whole the manga is a lot more depressing. They are different enough to say the plots are not identical.

It's like two scenes, and there is a censored version out there that cuts out the hentai. The only reason hentai is there (very disjointed as I somewhat mentioned) because the creator made Kite as well, where the hentai was a central part of the plot. It has absolutely no bearing to the plot, especially the scene in the first of the two OVA episodes. They literally tacked it on as the last four minutes.

Blog Entries
    You mean something like Code Geass R2?

Ok ill look into it then

Blog Entries
    Ok i'm done with Black Lagoon now

How about something funny and happy? An anime that leaves you smilling when you're done watching it since i'm tired of all this depressing crap.