Thread: BUCCHIGIRI?!

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

BUCCHIGIRI?!

296553.jpg

"Tomoshibi Arajin's reunion with his old pal Asamine Matakara takes an unexpected turn when they stumble into a brawl with the toughest guys in town. And just when you thought things couldn't get weirder, a colossal genie decides to drop in.

Source: Crunchyroll"

Genre(s): High School Battle, Supernatural

Research

So this is what Mappa is up to this season? I like it. Lunkhead tough guy posturing and fights at a delinquent school where students practice baseball swings during class (that always gets a laugh out of me when the teachers are just lecturing the chalkboard). 'Might makes right at school' is a genre I thought died out 15 years ago, so I'm glad to see a resurgence. Add in a djinn for some reason, and we'll see where it goes from here.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

This might be gayer than the wizard show. Tough dudes fall in love from getting their spleen pancaked to some humorous effect, and some other BL jokes about 'bonding'. MC being a dumb simp is fun, and the fight choreography is good when it wants to be. Not sure if it'll remain interesting as the characters are just reacting right now, but the bigger narrative this needs might surface soon.