Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00 Episode 09

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Gundam 00 Episode 09

Menclave's releases this week:

HD

SD
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 12-02-2007 at 10:18 PM.

dangit you beat me to it
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Mods: Please add a "0" in front ofthe 9 for convention's sake? I forgot that. thnx
    Just edit your post in advanced mode. The thread title is aptly under "Title:"

Awesome ep! (i'm actually rooting for HRL)... and Neil's twin?

[spoilers below]

Definitely agree, fantastic episode. It just goes to show that a coordinated effort led by apparently a great war hero (Sergei) can oppose CB. I didn't expect that Soma's new suit would protect her and still mess with H/Allelujah. The HRL also went all out and made her a nice cockpit.

I don't read the manga, so I was surprised by Felt's admission that both her parents were Meistars. How come no one heard of CB until now? They must have gone on missions if her parents ended up dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    [spoilers below]

Definitely agree, fantastic episode. It just goes to show that a coordinated effort led by apparently a great war hero (Sergei) can oppose CB. I didn't expect that Soma's new suit would protect her and still mess with H/Allelujah. The HRL also went all out and made her a nice cockpit.

I don't read the manga, so I was surprised by Felt's admission that both her parents were Meistars. How come no one heard of CB until now? They must have gone on missions if her parents ended up dead.
    CB must have been more a underground group until now. I guess this is the first time that they announced their precence to the world. Im interested in what that UN/CB guy is planning to do with Azadistan.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

This is the first good episode. Finally do we se glimps about who the characters are. Before this everything has been like a lecture of how the politics of the world works with no character in the center. Really crappy in that way compared to Seed and Destiny. Hope CB gets their asses kicked, they are just too arrogant.

Great Ep, I'm surprised at how early in the series CB is getting the heat put on it. But it's good to see that they aren't any smarter than any of the other groups they fight against, they just happen to have much better technology. Christina freezing up like that was awesome too, she may talk a big game but of all the CB memeber she always struck me as the least suited for the grittiness of battle. They really need to just send her to the intelligence cell of CB.

The preview has me really excited. Hallelujah makes another appearance and the last time a Gundam had its arms and legs bound like Virtue did it whipped out funnels (AKA bits AKA DRAGOONs AKA little mind controlled rocket propelled lasers) and ruined quite a few peoples day. If that's Virtue's hidden ability it would be awesome.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    so, wow, they did a bit of a time skip... even though you can sorta see how each of the first eight episodes may have represented a half of a month each.

It's nice to see someone acting. Go HRL, go!!! (I was rooting for them)

Did anyone notice that strange piano variation music playing very softly in the background while the Gundams were docking and then the awkward sequences with Setsuna? He and Tieria so want to fuck each other... (not really)

A shit ton of good background in this episode. We learned a lot about Felt and Lockon, not to mention how CB operates. I like how the relationships between CB members are rather open and direct with the love connections in a strange way. It's refreshing to not see so many 'secret crushes'.

"Are we really going to fight? This ship isn't armed!" This made me lol, as it was the most absurd strategical setup flaw for CB from way back when the MS designs and the Ptolemaios design were shown in model kits and promos....

Can we please talk about how awesome the HRL was in this episode? Setting up such a massive net to catch CB (although they could have used more mobile sutis, it seems to me...), using the transports as diversions, then the kamikaze transport ship, those were all absurdly sweet moves. The minefield should have straight up destroyed the Kyrios. It was simple protagonist BS advantage that Hallelujah survived such a trick.

And, I was totally wrong, Hallelujah and the HRL girl's connection simply exists because of their own nature... It wasn't initiated by anything more than them being in close proximity last time...

This show is kicking ass.

what isn't cool is the possibility of Lockon having some separated twin brother. (from the sequence before the OP) The soap opera character cliches still loom with the threat of ruining this thing.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

They guy who took over Christina's shift wasn't too bright. He looked straight at the error panel, and went "All's well!"

So with all of CB's infiltrating intelligence, they didn't pick up anything about this surprise attack. Guess I'll add secrecy to HLR's awesomeness, or maybe just Sergei's. So the incident was Sumeragi's failure. They got me good. Sumeragi's still one of the top strategists to me in the series, but I always thought they talked about her and that incident in a positive way. Now we see why the professor and Billy were worried about her thoughts of it. She probably caused a catastrophe of some nature, and was mentally shocked by it for some time.

And if you thought one Haro was good..... meet the siblings!

@Ryllharu: thanks for the tip.

The brain-flash zippy thingy that goes on between the HRL lieutenant and Allelujah is pretty stagnant throughout Gundam. Like Mwu and Kreuze in Seed, and a character in Gundam X. They're newtypes or whatever. And that usually involves controlling probes like the Dragoons. So maybe Allelujah/Hallelujah has that? But then again, there must be a reason why Virtue is so fat and bulky. Maybe it's cause of it's huge frigging gun, so he needs a lot of mass to keep him grounded, maybe he has those Dragoon thingies. But so far Tieria's Gundam seems to be the blandest one having shown only one attack and that's it's big gun.

Kyrios can transform from plane to Humanoid, fire lasers, have a gun. Stratos has a sniper rifle, dual pistols and those mini-missiles which were introduced this episode that released GN Particles? while it imploded that Kamikaze ship. And Exia just has like a million swords, a shield, and a laser gun built into one of his swords.

Remember how pissed Tieria was after H/Allelujah saved the space module? He wasn't angry that Allelujah used Kyrios to save the people (though a little bit at that), but he was really angry that Lockon had to help, thus revealing that Dynames could shoot shit out of space from the ground. Tieria is by far the most disciplined and fervent of the Meistars. He hates being on the ground, is very strict on policy, and so far, hasn't gotten out of line.

I'm sure Virtue, being the big fatty, has something really strong hidden. If the super beam cannon is the weapon Tieria is willing to expose.

@Buffalobiian: Guess it didn't work in the end. It may be that having replies at all prevents you from editing the actual thread title.

Ryll's point makes so much sense that it's fully convinced me Tieria's Gundam will have funnels. I never liked the inclusion of Funnels (or Bits or Dragoons or whatever you want to call them) in Gundam, because it usually takes some of the amazement out of watching a fight and just adds more flashy lasers and explosions. I mean, when you can attack from 5+ free-floating points, it makes getting out of jams too easy... I'd rather see strategy...

Also, I was pretty sure Sumeragi's "incident" was a bad one all the way through, mostly from facial expressions and tones used when people talked about it. I'm wondering if Alejandro Corner was involved and if that marked Sumeragi's breaking point with the Union...

More Haro's... I don't like that. One is enough for comic relief.

So some wild thought came to my mind. Saji's girlfriend is pretty stupid and flaky and all that. But this episode confirmed something about her and gave us new information. First, we learned that her mother has ins with EAU politicians, or at least one of them. Second, it's confirmed that Louise is the kind of girl who dreams of "the knight in shining armor coming to her rescue", or at least wants to be with a guy who is all about protecting her and standing up for his manliness (when it suits her interests)

So, combine those two and I think Louise's mother's political involvement is going to get her caught up in some terrorist / hostage crisis, which she'll be saved from by one of the Gundam pilots who she'll then fall in love with. Saji seems more and more to be leaning against CB and their agenda, so it might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back for her to go gaga for one of their guys...

Or Louise might take advantage of Saji and his sister to get info / get close to CB, considering the guy is completely pussy-whipped despite them probably not having sex yet...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    But this episode confirmed something about her and gave us new information. First, we learned that her mother has ins with EAU politicians, or at least one of them. Second, it's confirmed that Louise is the kind of girl who dreams of "the knight in shining armor coming to her rescue", or at least wants to be with a guy who is all about protecting her and standing up for his manliness (when it suits her interests)

So, combine those two and I think Louise's mother's political involvement is going to get her caught up in some terrorist / hostage crisis, which she'll be saved from by one of the Gundam pilots who she'll then fall in love with.

Or Louise might take advantage of Saji and his sister to get info / get close to CB, considering the guy is completely pussy-whipped despite them probably not having sex yet...
    I didn't even give what Louise's mother said a second thought. Very observant. She's already been involved in one crisis, one Soma caused, and then her near proximity to the terrorist bombings...Louise is probably a magnet for terrorists, and now there is a reason for it. She's not just the daughter of someone with ins to the AEU, we already know she's a very wealthy ojou-sama. Kidnapping seems almost definite now.

I'm not convinced of seeing her rescued by a CB member yet. Unless it is one of the moron operators. Tieria wouldn't give a shit, Lockon has Felt ( ^_^ ), and Setsuna...is at least connected to Marina. That doesn't leave H/Allelujah out of the question though. Though he's got a connection to Soma already (at least in how they were created), Hallelujah is enough of an asshole to appease her overbearing personality, and Allelujah is already her "knight in shining armor."

Well, Im not gonna weigh in anything too heavy yet, but isnt Felt like 14 years old?

I've accepted that fact.

Any affection for her is more a 'cute' thing than anything else. She satisfies the moe requirement this season. Look who you compare her to aboard the ship.

I loled at when Alleluia caught Felt and Lockon together. Thought Lockon seems like more of a big brother to her at most. I was surprised to find out that Wang Liu-Mei is actually older then Felt. I thought they were about the same age. Anyway I like to hear more about her parents seeing as they were Gundam Meisters.

Pretty sure the story about the second generation Celestial Being members is the subject of a manga or other, isn't it?

Also, I forgot to mention one thing that I really liked about this episode: there was maintenance being done on one of the Gundams, and it affected their combat ability. I really like when they try to get down to gritty stuff like that, even though Dynames supplied more than adequate support gunning from the flagship.

How old is Wang Liu-Mei? She's underaged, that's all I know.

Also, Christina cried out to Allelujah when she was distressed. The fact that she didn't yell out to Tieria indicates her attraction for Allelujah is more comparative to Tieria, but is that saying much?

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    whats so special in this episode? i found it rather boring....
    somehow i found episode 7 and ... uhm was it 3 or 4 (when he fought against that blonde?) much more entertaining..

i mean... i don't even understand the reason why they didn't equip anti-ship weapons... i mean come on, they didn't even try to fight the gundams so whats the reason for their anti-mobile equipment? and with their mothership destroyed it would have been much easier to capture the CB-suits since they can't hide in the orbit anymore and they would have lost their commanding and operation center..they would even have got a suit (well... they couldn't have known ) because Lockon can't move away from the ship and the explosion of the ship would have thrown him most likely into space.

and if their intention was to capture a suit, why didn't they overhelm one of the diversion (virtue or this airplane one,forgot the name...) instead of attacking the mothership (without the right equipment) were at least 2 Gundams are waiting + the diversion which are on their way back to the ship after they destroyed THEIR diversion... this is just nonesense.. or do i miss something?

or is the attack on the ship just the "real diversion" and they try to capture this air-plane-gundam?