Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gundam 00 Episode 17

Hold on, not so touchy.

I will admit that when I read your post I took,

"Sure, there are the latest mobile suits, that makes sense, but surely they should have variable configurations as well as a huge diversity of different kind of weapons to use with them."

As, "They should have many different types of suits (different kind of weapons to use) and use them all the time." So I will admit I didn't reread your post, and should have reviewed it more thoroughly before making my post.

But, that's exactly the point I was making. Celestial Being is still a disgustingly well financed organization. But it is small. They can spend an exorbitant amount of money on a handful of pilots. Each Gundam has tens of Billions of dollars (or Euros, or Trillions of Yen) invested into it an development costs. CB probably has the GDP of a larged-sized country given how long it has been around and how high-profile its members and donators seem to be. Wang LuiMei has three houses, jet, hover-limo, and two yachts. Making a Gundam is like making an aircraft carrier for a single person. When there are only 7 total pilots, it's not so ridiculous.

In contrast, the Union, the HRL and on a smaller scale the AEU has hundreds if not thousands of pilots. They can't be spending tens of Billions on a single-pilot machine. Cheaper is everything. They have to distribute the technology. Development also takes time. A lot of time. We have no idea how long the 7 Gundams have been in development. A fighter plane today usually takes a decade to create.

The Union professor was amazing to alter the Flag design that quickly to counter the Gundams as much as it does. I'm sure he had unlimited funding too. The HRL did the same thing with Soma's Tieren Taozi. And she has been genetically modified so that she won't die flying a modified suit. Both are modified versions of existing Mobile Suits. You can't make something new in so short a time frame.

Doh. Gotwoot going offline ate my detailed post... And I'm not inclined to try to retype it.

Suffice it to say that whatever is true for the CB, should be true for the three powers as well. For one, the CB can't be that rich and well supplied (relatively) in order to remain unnoticed for such a long time. And in a world with three super powers the situation is similar to the cold war, which, if you dig your memories a little, was a period of huge investments and innovations in military technology in preparation for a possible third world war.

Even if the main powers rely on a multipurpose platform, which makes sense like you pointed out, it still doesn't mean they should also rely on only one pea shooter as the weapon. That makes zero sense. A weapon is somewhat cheaper to develop than a mobile suit and moreover a weapon has a pretty limited optimal purpose, especially nowadays. Logically thinking all of the three powers should have plenty of companies developing plenty of different kind of weapons to the military, trying to outwit each other to win contracts. But alas no, only the Gundams have any real weapons. The three powers have weapons hardly better than those we have nowadays, seemingly.

And no matter what you say, I won't ever believe the CB and Throne had budgets bigger than three super powers in a cold war. I'd rather believe three-eyed aliens from Andromeda brought them their fancy guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    And no matter what you say, I won't ever believe the CB and Throne had budgets bigger than three super powers in a cold war. I'd rather believe three-eyed aliens from Andromeda brought them their fancy guns.
    Wehn you point it out like that, it seems that they just left out a big plothole. Wich is ridicoulus, seeing how hard they want this serie to be close to reality as possible.

...but then again, when the ...uuh... Throne Gundam Number (something) used that GN-Particle field....well..

that's a bitching way to stomping on our toes.
    Reality, my ass. Atleast makes sense ^^!
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Who knows how CB got it done? That's probably better left unexplained...

Honestly though, it is a bit ridiculuous that you guys are dissing the three powers' militaries so much. They can, with numbers, cornhole the Gundams. Also, one point that never turns into a valid point because it's a weak shounen animu is that the Gundam pilots are SUCK when compared to Gram, Soma, Sergei, Ali on the ground (except for probably stupid, sexy Lockon).

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Tiera is more sexy than Lockon, but in terms of skill, well that's a another thing.

And if their going to use a massive army all the times against the Gundams the military will go breakdown after a while.
    But maybe I'm turning a blind eye against the greatness of mass production.
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiodos
    Tiera is more sexy than Lockon
    I certainly beg to differ.

For me it's:

Hallelujah > Graham Acre > Ali Serges > Livonze > Setsuna > Alleljuah > Lockon > Johann Trinity > Patrick Colaswarr > the whimpy male ship operator of CB's Ptolemaios > Saji Crossroad > the buff male ship operator of CB's ship (not the mobile suit mechanic) > Mihael Trinity > Tieria (if he's a man, which is certainly up for dispute) > Alejandro Corner > Chinese girl's tuxedo mask manservant > Sergei > the two other OverFlag officers > CB's mobile suit mech expert > Billy Katagari > all the other male politicians > the US President > the old Union dead professor

in that order

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".