Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00 Episode 17

Gundam 00 Episode 17

http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinse...5D.avi.torrent

here it is

Edit: Nena would be one of my fav chars in this series next to Wang Liu-Mei if only she would stop with the peace sign thing, it just kinda annoys me.
    Last edited by TheBladeChild; Sun, 02-03-2008 at 03:46 AM.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Missing Nin
    alright I must know whats the secret to downloading from shinsen there torrents are always slower then dirt for me until your about 5 days in. Its the only subbing group I have this issue with and its every single file they release so unless your all just using IRC how on earth do you get any decent download speed from those guys?

Lol i know there slow, which is why I dont download from them. I just watch gundam 00 from crunchyroll.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

IRC all the way, why share when you can leech? Plus Shinsen has more bots than any other group and all of them tend to average decent (300-500kb/s depending on traffic) it's not the 800-1000 KB/s I'm used to but it's nothing to scoff at. It's too bad they have such a good distribution system but such meager fansubs.

Saji is such a loser...But interesting developments. I think Graham might be my second favorite character, due to his sense of duty and the fact that he has doubts about his abilities. It makes him seem a bit complex.

Well this was a very dense episode. A lot going on everywhere, and many questions all around.

The biggest:
    - What does Jupiter have to do with the development of Gundams? In what way does orbit around Jupiter necessitate the creation of a solar furnace, and why do the Throne engines look and function so differently? It seems like this is the key that enabled Professor Aifman to figure out what Schenberg's real goal is.

It makes me wonder if Schenberg's real goal was to unify the earth to get into deep space. One extension of the Fermi Paradox theory believes that a species has a high probability of killing itself off shortly (within a few centuries) after achieving spaceflight or will master those self-destructive tendencies and thrive for billions of years. (source)
    To me, this seems like the most likely scenario.

It seems like Johan is a pretty cool-headed guy, and probably the only one of the Thrones worth giving a damn about. Nena is cute and all, a Rie Kugimiya (Shana) character with curves for once, but she seems incredibly psychotic. She plays off being cute, but becomes incredibly angry when Setsuna rebukes her. Then there is Michael, the easiest character to hate...ever. I don't even want to see him get blasted away in his mobile suit. I want Lockon to snipe his head clean off, the old fashioned way. Though I would settle for Hallelujah using the Nasty Scissors on his Gundam. Graham beating him down with his clearly inferior Overflag wouldn't be too bad either...

Though I did get a laugh when he said he stalk Tieria if "it" were a girl.

Then there is Nena inside Veda, something we only thought Tieria could really do. What was she doing in there? Sumeragi seemed to get the hint though, and recommended that he information on the Thrones shouldn't go into Veda, which seems to apparently be a public access computer now.

Finally, we get something useful out of the "normal" folks. Saji is still a pussy, Louise taking off gives us all an ominous feel (thanks to her crying in the ED, and the preview for next time).

But the real important thing seems to be Kinue (Saji's sister if anyone forgot what her name was). She seems to be onto something. Something big. I think that she will be the one to figure out what Schenberg's real goal is, now that Aifman is dead. Either that or she will uncover something about the Observers, or other huge things about the Thrones.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 02-03-2008 at 09:29 AM.

Indeed, the plot thickens. It's a bit depressing though since things seem to be shaping up in the most predictable way possible. Throne is apparently working for the 'mysterious organization' that has evil goals of Solar System domination. There's some deep dark secret connected to the past and it will necessitate an ideological split bewteen the main cast and new cast members.

I think what will keep things interesting is the reactions of the three powers while this struggle is going on, Soma/Sergi, Ali, and of course the nible Grahm are the only things that could really make this show stand out from just another action series with a drama backdrop.

All that said I am very excited to find out what it is that Eifman was postulating. The only special thing about Jupiter is it's gravity and large supply of hydrogen, but maybe there's something that happens periodically in Jupiter's atmosphere that would allow a solar furnace to be produced.

I guess we're gonna see next episode how Saji and Louise are gonna be involved with the Meisters I guess. I'm guessing the Throne Gundams attack Spain, injure Louise, and kill her parents.

OK, every week, the Overflags seem cooler. (this and their pilots are way better than the Gundam pilots... especially considering, one hit from a Gundam gun destroys any suits while they seem to be able to withstand fire for a while...). Also, i am starting to like Setsuna too now. he's a consistent character, a bit like Graham is (only less talktative).

but the preview!!!!! can't wait for next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    IRC all the way, why share when you can leech? Plus Shinsen has more bots than any other group and all of them tend to average decent (300-500kb/s depending on traffic) it's not the 800-1000 KB/s I'm used to but it's nothing to scoff at. It's too bad they have such a good distribution system but such meager fansubs.
    I tried that last night, but they had only 3 bots serving episode 17 and the queue was long.

If one of us feels the need 2 take the time we can make a group on stage6 and have alot getter quality then crunchyroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Then there is Michael, the easiest character to hate...ever. I don't even want to see him get blasted away in his mobile suit. I want Lockon to snipe his head clean off, the old fashioned way. Though I would settle for Hallelujah using the Nasty Scissors on his Gundam. Graham beating him down with his clearly inferior Overflag wouldn't be too bad either...
    Did you forget Frey?

Quote Originally Posted by Darknodin
    OK, every week, the Overflags seem cooler. (this and their pilots are way better than the Gundam pilots... especially considering, one hit from a Gundam gun destroys any suits while they seem to be able to withstand fire for a while...).
    That seems to just be one of the aspects of the mobile suits. You can break them down into five or six groups.

- Gundams
    - Throne Gundams
    - Overflags
    - the Tieren Taozi
    - older generation mobile suits (I'm including the new AEU suits that Patrick and Al-Serges pilot because they were weak from the beginning, rather than separating them.)

The Taozi and the Overflags were created in response to the Gundams, so I include them in the "current generation" mobile suits. We'll simplify things by using the Gundams as a baseline.

First, the Overflags. Time and time again, Graham has at least been on par with many of the Meistars. He is unable to really damage them, but he shows off the true asset of the Overflag, speed. A properly piloted Overflag, apparently based on the technology of a jet fighter, specializes in speed. It has weaker weaponry, can't endure as much damage as a Gundam can, but definitely shows off it's capabilities as the most maneuverable and fastest mobile suit type (excluding the Thrones).

Next there is Soma's Tieren Taozi. Specially made for Super Soldiers to pilot, the Taozi has also demonstrated where it shines, survivability. The Taozi is durable. She's been blasted by the Gundams, recently hit very hard by the Thrones, and consistently takes a battering. Yet, the most damage to it has been a few big holes in her shoulder armor and the loss of an arm or a leg. The only thing that's really been hurt is Soma's pride. The Taozi is equal to the Gundams in survivability, and she doesn't even have GN particle shields.

The Gundams are a good mix of both of these, but add in a lot more firepower. They're slower than the Overflags, probably equal to the Taozi in durability and speed, but can kick a lot more ass than Soma's little peashooter. Defensively, they are alright, but that seems to have more to do with the GN particles and less to do with their main body armor. Dynames' wings, Virtue's frame on top of Nadleeh, seem to be the exceptions rather than the rule. Exia took a decent amount of damage in Azadistan when he wasn't fighting back. Nothing serious, but that was from the crappiest mobile suits in the whole series.

Then there are the Throne Gundams. They seem to combine everything that the Taozi and Overflags can do, but match that with excessive firepower. They outmatch the Gundams on nearly every angle. They're faster, stronger, can take more hits, and when they combine as we saw in this episode, completely surpass even Virtue's firepower.

Other than the Thrones, each of the types focus on one thing, speed, survivability, or firepower.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBladeChild
    Did you forget Frey?
    I had to look it up, but I obviously would never have made the connection. The last Gundam I watched was G.

Oh sorry didnt realize that you didnt watch GSD.

Edit: GS
    Last edited by TheBladeChild; Sun, 02-03-2008 at 04:45 PM.

Frey wasn't in GSD.

It gave me a good deal of trouble on wikipedia. It's a romanization difference.

Furei Arusutā

Frey ~ Flay

I don't entirely agree... the Thrones do not seem superior to the regular Gundams. i mean, not in the abilities that the Gundams already have.

Dynames is more accurate than Ein (and really, the Mega GN gun is not, at least as we had been shown, more powerful than Virtue's cannon... it also takes two gundams to activate). Dynames also has more range than Ein.

We don't know much about #3

and Zwei seems all around weaker than any of the Gundams. if it wasn't for the Fangs, it would most probably have gotten defeated by the Taozi or the Overflags.

They sure as hell do not seem faster than the Enacts or the Flags (or Exia for that matter).

their advantages come in their special abilities

Ein was described as having an even longer range than Dynames. Episode 16. It's shots are more powerful on average (except for maybe Dynames' 20-second charge, orbital range, emphasis on special shot). Sure, Dyanmes can shoot a powerful shot like that, and at longer range, but Ein's regular shot does it faster, farther, and with more power than Dynames' regular shot.

As for accuracy, I think that is entirely dependent upon the pilot. Lockon is a trained (presumed militant) sniper, I doubt we can say the same for Johan.

I might be able to give you the comment on Virtue. Virtue did produce a similar-powered shot in an attempt to create an escape route, but it debilitated Virtue for 3 minutes. By charging Ein with Nena's Throne, Drei, they produced a shot they could sweep and cover a lot more ground. We've only seen Virtue brace itself and fire a straight blast. Perhaps the damage cone was larger, but sweeping a giant beam seems to be a lot more "powerful" to me.

The fact that Zwei has fangs at all make it powerful. From my understanding, Fangs/DRAGOON/bits are the most overpowered weapon in the Gundam Universes. It doesn't matter how good it is without them, it already has them. It also has a huge blade, similar to Exia's, but we haven't seen it use that at all.

As for speed, I'll have to give that to you for now, but only because we haven't seen anything but Overflags go after them (which are already fast). We also haven't seen Drei do anything but a stealth field and a charge up. But remember that Gundams use the GN particles as propulsion in flight. If Drei has that many nozzles, and can produce that many GN particles, Nena's Throne can probably move incredibly fast too.

their advantages come in their special abilities
    That was the exact same thing you could say about the Gundams in comparison to the old generation Mobile Suits that existed before the Taozi and Overflags.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 02-03-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: I like to use [b] and [i] to emphasize

Since this is "just" episode 17, I'm still wondering when the others will ahold a Gundam. And when that time comes it will, maybe, come in three, considering it's me "magic number" and all.

But wont that then throw like....too many characters in the show but no depths?

And Graham just gets cooler and cooler ^^! Yay!!11

Also, when the second season is here, I'm expecting a major upgrade on the CB gangs Gundams, if it turns up that the Throne ones are evil....wich they probalby are in the end...more model kits for sale, I guess.
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

If we still see no nukes after this episode, I'll just put this series down to have been written by the same people who write the plots of children's stories. The CB after this episode isn't anymore an organization that tries to prevent wars but one that started a war, and against the most advanced super power, no less. However, the overflags are still so inferior that I doubt even finally swithing to AP rounds would help them. So, it needs to be nukes unless they want to go down like sheeps. And considering we are talking about the nation (at its core anyway) that is the only one ever to have used nukes in the past in a war, I don't see why they wouldn't resort to them again. I would like to see how a Throne Gundam survives a nuclear explosion...

According to Ryllharu's logic Ali is the best pilot in this series so I doubt we have yet seen everything he has to offer, either. Although now that we got the real villains in, I'm not sure what kind of role they could have for a minor dirty work subcontractor villain like Ali anymore. I don't deem it very likely others would like to cooperate with him, either. After all, he wasn't even officially involved in the big three nations operation of the past eps but was sent in unofficially, as an extra measure, and I wonder if the active AEU HQ even knew of him at all.