Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gundam 00 Episode 18

That much in the future they should be able to grow a new hand for her. Or if they don't do that, they should be able to install a prosthetic that is linked to her nervous system. Considering that one would think the earlier the better. Although with developed technology it probably doesn't make that much of a difference but it might make her feel better not to have to stare at a stump.

If they grow her a new hand, though, then it makes sense as it can't be grown o/n.

As symbolic as it seems that she lost her left arm she can still somehow later in the serie show that the ring has been put on her right saying that she has been moving on and that Saji is still something to her.

Now that would be nice.
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Well, Shinsen's HD release tempted me again....

Everything's been said pretty much...just a few things I might add:

1) Being able to replace the arm isn't really the issue. I can imagine a wedding nowadays, and the bride has to use a prosthetic hand. Not being able to feel the ring being put on is a pretty big emotional hurdle.

2) Regarding Trinity's seemingly armed interventions, they seem to be taking orders from the Veda counterpart they call Lagna, hence which may explain how they hacked Veda with relative ease. I'm thinking that it was Nena who hacked Veda, and changed the data at level 7. The solar furnace blueprints were already on evil Haro, and they just worked off that.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    The solar furnace blueprints were already on evil Haro, and they (the Thrones) just worked off that.
    now this is exactly the kind of thing that was heavily implied by the Jupiter flashback scene, and the fucking Haro's "brother! Your memories!" plot setup. Oh lame Haro plot.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    now this is exactly the kind of thing that was heavily implied by the Jupiter flashback scene, and the fucking Haro's "brother! Your memories!" plot setup. Oh lame Haro plot.

maybe the Haroes are behind all this (an Haro invasion!).

but about the arm. i seriously don't think it'd be useful to let her wait that long to get prosthetics. With the part about not feeling the ring, you're only assuming that they can't mimmick senses with the new prosthetic which is not something that complicated (i'm pretty sure its something we can do right now at our level of technology)

Quote Originally Posted by Darknodin
    maybe the Haroes are behind all this (an Haro invasion!).

but about the arm. i seriously don't think it'd be useful to let her wait that long to get prosthetics. With the part about not feeling the ring, you're only assuming that they can't mimmick senses with the new prosthetic which is not something that complicated (i'm pretty sure its something we can do right now at our level of technology)
    You realise how many nerve there are on the human finger? Technology will get far, that I'm sure, but I'm skeptic as to whether they will ever produce a replacement hand that good, if at all, due to technological and economic reasons. In the end, regrowing a hand will seem the cheaper way to go, the way I see it. They can mimick it, but I don't think it will ever be the same, like feeling the warmth of someone holding your hand and such. Then again, we're talking about an era where robots the size of skyscrapers can walk easily, something that's way ahead of our time.

On the topic, I'll add a little bit of trivia. Apparently, the human eye takes in frames at a stunning 84megapixel quality. I guess the movie industry has a while to go before they make truly lifelike cinematic experience. I think the refresh rate is something uber as well, but I can't find the source anymore.

Well, the thing about her condition is that she must heal her spirit before she can heal her flesh. Like, she just suffered a devastating event, the least of which is the loss of her hand. She has to come to terms with that psychologically first, then she can think about prosthesis.

Menclave releases.

HD
    SD

Everyone said everything already.

I'm just glad I waited for Conclave-Mendoi before watching this episode, because it was a sight to behold. Just WOW! Lets hope they can get a raw TS for episode 19 on Saturday.
    _

I've been reading around, and I've seen some pretty good arguments for the translation of what I assume to be Trinity's super AI:

Lagna: google "lagna astrology". To do with the creation of the earth. Has ties with Vedas.

Ragna: Old Norse Ragnarök is a compound of ragna, the genitive plural of regin ("gods" or "ruling powers"), and rök "fate" (etymologically related to English "reach"). Ragnarřkkr is another form with a slightly different meaning, as "rřkkr" means "twilight".
    In Danish ragnarok is also used as a synonym for chaos
    .[5]

Lacuna: missing pages of manuscripts. Can be interpreted as the missing part of CB's plan

I thought about Ragnarok first, assuming the mispronunciation "l" for "r." But I had dismissed it due to the Norse Mythology that Ragnarok was the day of reckoning, doomsday.

However, knowing that it's the genitive plural of "ruling powers" or "gods" makes perfect sense. Trinity (obvious deity reference) piloting Throne Gundams, and generally using them in an aggressive manner with an air of superiority and disregard of other humans. Genitive plural ---> "of the gods/ruling powers."

Making Lagna nearly literally, the Quantum Computer of the Gods.

The tie in with Vedas, "sacred texts," is just icing on the cake.

Excellent research.

A bit late but to say that this episode was awesome would be a gross understatement. I'm so happy that Graham finally got his chance to shine and what a way to shine it was! There is no doubt that he single-handedly dominated this episode and made his position as one of the top dogs clear enough. But despite Graham's awesomeness Ali remains my favorite pilot in Gundam 00. I just like the guy's style and he possesses some seriously mean skills.

And let's not forget little Nena! Seriously, the douchebaggery practiced by Nena in this episode even made a villain loving scumbag like myself go "... did that fucked up little shit just do that?" When I realized that she had, in fact, just ganked the entire wedding I could merely nod my pretty little head, relocate my inner sociopath and go "... awesome." Though I have to admit that the Saji and Lousie scene made me sniffle just a little bit despite me having disliked those characters for forever. It was just so ruthless...

Needless to say, I loved it all... even the sniffling. Good stuff!
    / No, you warrant no villain's exposition from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    You realise how many nerve there are on the human finger? Technology will get far, that I'm sure, but I'm skeptic as to whether they will ever produce a replacement hand that good, if at all, due to technological and economic reasons. In the end, regrowing a hand will seem the cheaper way to go, the way I see it. They can mimick it, but I don't think it will ever be the same, like feeling the warmth of someone holding your hand and such. Then again, we're talking about an era where robots the size of skyscrapers can walk easily, something that's way ahead of our time.

On the topic, I'll add a little bit of trivia. Apparently, the human eye takes in frames at a stunning 84megapixel quality. I guess the movie industry has a while to go before they make truly lifelike cinematic experience. I think the refresh rate is something uber as well, but I can't find the source anymore.
    I used to know how many nerve endings there were everywhere in the body... but i forgot (mainly... i forgot where to look!). At any rate, the total number of neurons is on the order of billions, which is an attainable number.
    Right now, we can replicate enough data to give (really) crude sight to someone that's been blind. to give touch would only be an increase in complexity. furthermore, nerve endings are way bigger (at least by a factor of ten) than PC microprocessor transistors right now, so we CAN manufacture to their size. the problem is connecting them.

on the other hand, i agree that growing a new hand would be much easier. but, building a hovering machine with lasers everywhere would be easier than building giant humanoid shaped robots...

btw... for your trivia... I think the refresh rate was not that high. Come to think of it... our eyes do not work like TVs, which draw one image after the other... if something doesn't change, the cells will just stay activated. also... Ultra-HD is 33 MPixels.

What can I say about the coolness of this episode that hasn't been said already?

I never hated the Saji+Louise parts, I saw them as a part of the story being told from a civillian's point of view (reminds me of the greatness that was 0080).
    The feeling I got when I saw Louise's arm was incredible..normally characters are ór killed or are somehow fine. Seeing her like that was just.. wow..

Setsuna's reaction to the situation was super. And he's not even wrong .
    Indiscriminate killing of civillians is terrorism and that is asking for war, so it is CB's duty to intervene.

I think that the whole crew of Ptolemaios is unaware of the full intentions of CB. I think they are on a 'need to know' basis only.

Setsunas reaction and intervention was not impressive and very predictble.

Now Saji working as a Pizza deliverer all day long to buy a pair of expensive rings, THAT'S incredible.
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3