Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gundam 00 Episode 20

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Finally.

Menclave HD ep20

This is why I always wait for Menclave! Did you guys checkout the first 54 seconds? WOW. Also the translation of the GN drives on the screen at 6:11, loved it!
    _

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    couple things I hadn't noticed or that Menclave's translations uncovered:

Ragna Harvey, as thought, supplied not only the GN Drives but also the mobile suits to the three powers.

The conversation with Ali (I'm still calling him Ali, too many names) and Harvey really implies that Ali has some serious info about what is going on with CB, the Thrones, and probably Alejandro. It'll be interesting to see where he gets it all from...

I also noticed that when he was asking Ragna Harvey to get him one of the GN Drive equipped mobile suits, Ali asked to be placed into the AEU or Union, but left out the HRL. Does this have something to do with his past, or maybe shows that the HRL has something on him? You'd think he'd take any opportunity he could get to obtain one of those suits... And I don't think it has to do with Harvey not having influence in the HRL, as I believe most of episode 3, with the CB pilots and their Gundams being transported up into space, took place at the HRL's orbital elevator.

Also, and it came to me before, but I never mentioned it because it wasn't an issue after this episode, but there was a very strange time skip between Ali revealing his secrets to Kinue (notice he also says that he kidnapped Setsuna as a kid, not just trained him) and her "death" scene. It goes from midday and sunny to night and raining, and it's at that time that Ali makes the call saying he got rid of her. That's an awfully long time with a "pretty" woman who you've told so many things to...

Also, I really should have looked more closely at the transition between the short scene of Sagi's after returning to his apartment and the scene with Kinue out in the rain. The parrallel symbolism going on should really have left no doubts.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Sun, 03-16-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".