Page 51 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1898

Thread: Introductions

HOLY SH!T! It's Y the Alien!!!

I, too, have the ol'
    "Hello FrogKing it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

Good to see you back and if Mut would just pop out of the wood work...
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,
    The 12 Kingdoms, and Soukou no Strain (kinda)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#blood-scanlations~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by FrogKing
    HOLY SH!T! It's Y the Alien!!!

Good to see you back and if Mut would just pop out of the wood work...
    My sentiments exactly

hanafelina9

Introduce Yourself!

hi~hana here~ 21 this september lolx~studying as a hairstylist in singapore~proud to be born here~ if want to share anything email me at hanafelina9@hotmail.com ~loves mahoraba heartful days,kyou kara maou!!!,escaflowne,vandread!!,honey clover mostly all actuall n blood,mahoromatic~anyway hi~ hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forums Hanafelina9, I hope you stick around. What is with all the ~, lol. Nice to meet you and Happy Early Birthday if I am not around for that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hanafelina9
    hi~hana here~ 21 this september lolx~studying as a hairstylist in singapore~proud to be born here~ if want to share anything email me at hanafelina9@hotmail.com ~loves mahoraba heartful days,kyou kara maou!!!,escaflowne,vandread!!,honey clover mostly all actuall n blood,mahoromatic~anyway hi~ hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You sure are one energetic person.

Vandread was a pretty nice series, as was Mahoromatic (except for the ending that sucked legendarily). I think I watched Mahoraba because I saw Fred Gallagher mention it. One of those series. Wasn't bad, though, if not anything extra special either.

You should meet Psyke one day. Maybe you could stylize his hair next time (his preferred style is evident in his avatar)... I can't imagine Singapore would be too big a place for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    You should meet Psyke one day. Maybe you could stylize his hair next time (his preferred style is evident in his avatar)... I can't imagine Singapore would be too big a place for that.
    Meeting people you know from online is extremely awkward, especially when you're of different ages. I met a lot of people from my school's freshman forum and it was still awkward.

I'll have to take your word for that, because I have never met anybody I'd have only known from the net. But there are a few people I could certainly imagine meeting with no awkwardness.

Well, this time I was just joking, of course.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    I've had my share of both situations. I've met online friends where it was total awkward city, and others where it was fine. It depends a lot on 1) your preconceived notions and 2) your conversation skills. It helps to have had voice conversations to reduce the weirdness impact of 1 to get used to the way the person speaks and their mannerisms and 2 is pretty much just practicing your social skills. When I visited AngelEyez, we'd already talked quite a bit over Skype for Guild Wars missions, so it wasn't awkward at all. It was pretty much the same as if I was hanging out with one of my friends from home.

Anyways, welcome to you Hana, and I hope you very much enjoy your time here with us.

was it awkward when we met?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I once met a handful of people from Animenewsnetwork's forums. Shinichiro Watanabe was doing a lecture in Houston and a lot of us met up before and after the thing went down. Luckily I was with some other friends I already knew, but in the end we all talked to the people we met through the forums since everyone was quite friendly. On the awkwardness scale, I'd say it was "slightly awkward, but mostly enjoyable." since a few people had some odd quirks that I tried hard to ignore, but they were otherwise easy to get along with.

Anyway, welcome to the new people. Hope y'all stick around.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat
    I've had my share of both situations. I've met online friends where it was total awkward city, and others where it was fine. It depends a lot on 1) your preconceived notions and 2) your conversation skills. It helps to have had voice conversations to reduce the weirdness impact of 1 to get used to the way the person speaks and their mannerisms and 2 is pretty much just practicing your social skills. When I visited AngelEyez, we'd already talked quite a bit over Skype for Guild Wars missions, so it wasn't awkward at all. It was pretty much the same as if I was hanging out with one of my friends from home.
    Translates to: "Assertnfailure needs to practice his social skills."

10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    I can't imagine Singapore would be too big a place for that.
    Yeah Singapore is also known as the tiny red dot on the map. It takes less than an hour to drive from one end to the other (if there are no jams, but that's very rare).

I've met people from the net before, but that was when I was still back in school. And yeah, some times it's pretty awkward...
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Lol, Assassin and Assertn. On an awkward scale from 1 to 10 with 1 being not awkward at all and 10 being ultra mega awkward, I'd put my meeting with Assassin at 5, and Assertn at 2.5 (although your roommate gets an awkward rating of 8). Assassin just seemed a bit shy. Don't be shy, Assassin! And Assertn was reassuringly normal, and easy to talk to. If you ever stop by Canada and need a couch to crash on Assertn, give me a call.

Now Joker-kun on the other hand.....he ran away after talking to me for 10 seconds

That's just my impressions though.....did you guys feel awkward meeting me?
    Last edited by KitKat; Sat, 06-09-2007 at 07:02 AM.

Haha, well that's good. For me I think the awkwardness was not really having much planned to do, since it was supposed to be some big thing orchestrated by Mut.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat

Now Joker-kun on the other hand.....he ran away after talking to me for 10 seconds

That's just my impressions though.....did you guys feel awkward meeting me?
    That was like 2 years ago KK Haha... I was a little shy. I promise if you meet me now i'll be more outgoing. Oh and remember you owe me that birthday cheesecake!

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

it's a slippery slope...

Hi, I'm fursty. I go to med school in Philly and I am currently studying for my Step1 board exam. I started watching the english dub of Naruto on cartoon network and got hooked. I started looking for more episodes and stumbled onto Veoh where i quickly chewed through every episode I could find. Naturally wanting more I decided I'd explore the subbed episodes and had my mind blown all over again. I finally exhausted veoh's supply of subbed episodes and found my way here. The 20 min episodes make for perfect timed study breaks, and who wouldn't get motivated by the #1 hyperactive knucklehead ninja?

This is the first time I've joined one of these forums. I'm also just discovering torrents for the first time. I'll probably be reading more than posting for a while till I get a feel for how all this works. If you see posts asking really obvious questions in the support forum, don't laugh too much. I'm just an old dog trying to learn some new tricks!

Welcome FurstyNH, one piece of advice I can give you about the Help forums and Download forums on here is that I recommend you read the stickied threads and try looking at the sources they give first. I know a lot of us on here are more willing to help if you have shown an effort in finding what you need beforehand, I hope you stick around, It is always good to see new faces!

P.S. Good luck on your step1 exam, I hope you pass with flying colors. Also, what exactly does the step1 exam entail?

The step 1 is a comprehensive exam that basically covers all the "textbook" material that the powers that be think you should know before you start your clinical training. It covers Biochem, Anatomy, Pharmacology, Pathology, Physiology, Microbiology and some other assorted goodies. I take the test this coming Thursday, and then I'm going to test the limits of my liver down in VA Beach for a few days. Once that is over, I'll have a lot more time for the important stuff like forums and anime. :-p Thanks for wishing me luck. I can't wait to start getting to know people when I get back!

With that list of test items, I don't envy you at all. I hope you do your best on it though! Also have fun in Virgina.

Yo..I am Nasphreak29, AKA Nas AKA Enus

I have been around for sometime now and have been on IRC for like 1 1/2 years .. maybe two, but never really joined the forums.

I mainly joined becuase Arcness was all like "you sound like Enus..record it ima put it on Gotwoot"

but yeah..here I am..Hi