Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00 Episode 23

wtf? is the episode even out yet?

EDIT: It works!!! download is slow so i have only seen a snippet... of SOMETHING AWESOME!!!!!!
    Last edited by Darknodin; Sat, 03-15-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Heres something thats AWESOME:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiHsxQJ9ZOo
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

EDIT: i put it on top to say that the sub is pretty good, i think it might be better than Nyoro'n

Actually... after watching the episode... I must say... i didn't think THAT would happen. don't read ahead because of huge spoilers

So, Trans-Am is time limited and gives them a huge downgrade after use. its fair, doesn't change the balance of battle too much (it basically works only once against an enemy).
    Also, i liked the new weapons (Kyrios getting Virtue firepower!)... too bad they were destroyed so fast.
    but the main thing... Ali Vs Lockon! and Lockon was actually winning! i think this was the second best fight so far in the series. And, dying on top of a giant gun while killing your worst enemy (i know... he isn't dead but still) is a pretty badass way to go.

AWESOME ep indeed.

Lol, I liked that they copied Menclave's font and the subs were definitely watchable thoughI noticed a couple tiny mistakes like Captain instead of Colonel.

-------------------------EPISODE CONTENT BELOW--------------------------------------------

LOCKON!!!! That was definitely a Mwu/Burning level death, but what a fight leading up to it, Lockon pulled out some Freedom-esque moves and all Ali really did was run away. I've noticed that his fighting strategy is basically pester the pilot, then just defend and look for a weakness to exploit as the pilot becomes unsettled. It's cheap, but clearly effective and perfect for his evil nefarious character. And fuck Daryl for trying to be important.

I also loved how much this ep reaked of other Gundam series.

Kyrios's Tail Booster = M100 Balena Cannons from Gundam SEED
    GN Armor = RX-78GP03 Dendrobium Orchis from Gundam 0083
    Virtue's new gun = Twin Buster Rifle from Gundam Wing

And it's funny how so much of the new equipment managed to get destroyed in one fight.

Missing Nin
    I'm speechless after this episode I don't even know how they have enough of anything on any side to have 3 more episodes for this season much less if they intend to make them more epic then that. Awesome episode overall and Wang subs were pretty decent WAY better then nyoro though I'm not sure how they stand upto the others.

Dam I really hope they dont scrap Dynames for this series, looking back on it, Dynames looks salvageable. On that note, if it is salvaged I wonder who would get it?
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

It won't get scrapped... and either Haro or Felt would get it

btw... the scene where they are saying that Dynames is coming back followed by the "Lockon!Lockon!" was very well done... good job from the writers

Lol Felt as a Gundam Meister would be fun. I really hope the writers will surprise us and have the both of them stay dead, I cant see Lockon die any better way. As for Ali, I just dont want him to come back in a cliché cyborg manner.

I really didnt like the look of that mobile armor in the preview it looked a little lame. As for Nena, anyone think she will join with Sumaragi and the gang?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Gundam 00 - 23 Nyoro~n Fansubs

Which is better, Nyoron or Wang? And is Wang in HD? Didn't read the above posts btw.

Jounin
    I would say Wang looks to be the better of those two in subs. It didn't sound weird or anything which i thought Nyoron did. But it's not HD. 848x480 resolution. But i'll rather take better quality subs then HD. I'll take Menclave later anyways so then i will be able to watch it in HD.

Anyways this episode was awesome. Loved Lockon's death scene. Although i'm sad that he died at all. He was my second favorite Meister after Tieria. And he was certainly the best one when it came to combat IMO. But now the U.N forces have lost most of it's GN drive units. So basically only the main enemy characters have one now and Ali have a Gundam Throne. So now they won't be heavily outnumbered.

And man was i pissed at Daryl (think that was him at least). First he ruined a good fight, second he was the reason Lockon lost and at the end he was all like "I'm a flag fighter!!!!" when he's not. He was driving a GN drive unit. If he had done like Graham and stayed with his Flag Fighter then he could shouted out stuff like that but he's a disgrace.
    Last edited by TwisT; Sun, 03-16-2008 at 05:08 AM.

Daryl the non-sensical, you hit my friend so its payback time kind of guy. I hope that prideful bugger is dead.

So, who wants to bet Lockon's twin is going to be in the next season?

So the sniper dies ... Honestly it could have been good if only Haro just shut the fuck up from time to time. The Lockon Lockon Lockon scene, annoyed me because of Haro's voice.

Ali : Well ... Shit, he didn't fought in any honorable style. The bastard got skills but he used none, just going hit and run.

TransAm : So they are burning their ressources faster, well that explained Setsuna's stupid move letting Ali go.

Daryl dead, no big surprise here, the guy was black and on top of that he was Graham's N°2.

Well a lot happened and it was great but the fact that the second coolest char in the series dies just bothers me. Graham/Lockon/Ali ... Just dont kill people in the head trio gundam writers.

I hope Ali is dead for good. Kinda getting tired of Satsuna fighting with him and i liked the idea of 1:1 ratio of death toll of main characters. GN units put up a good fight unlike in most gundam series where non-main characters are nothing more then a cannon fodder.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

That place over there........ahh never mind
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBladeChild
    Dam I really hope they dont scrap Dynames for this series, looking back on it, Dynames looks salvageable. On that note, if it is salvaged I wonder who would get it?
    How about Lockon's brother? He's perfect for the job.

R.I.P Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by TwisT
    And man was i pissed at Daryl (think that was him at least). First he ruined a good fight, second he was the reason Lockon lost and at the end he was all like "I'm a flag fighter!!!!" when he's not. He was driving a GN drive unit. If he had done like Graham and stayed with his Flag Fighter then he could shouted out stuff like that but he's a disgrace.
    What the hell are you talking about? Graham is right now an emo pussy who refuses to fight because he can't fly his oh-so-precious Flag. He should have gone out and flown a fake Gundam until the Flag gets upgraded and is ready for a fight. Now he's just sitting in his room doing nothing while his comrades die out there for the freedom of the world. Daryl on the other hand did what he had to and died like a real man. He screamed for a Flag because that's what he is: A Flag pilot. Graham right now is the disgrace. Such an amazing pilot but does nothing but smokes cigars back at the home base.

While I'm very glad Lockon died (finally somebody from the CB), I hope Ali didn't. After Graham became a temporary pacifist, Ali easily became my favorite character (for reasons I stated in an earlier thread). This fight certainly didn't change my opinion. While his basic strategy was sly, he actually fought very bravely and did procude a lot of results. You could say against the deus ex machina they were facing, his tactics were the best, while the UN forces did nothing but waste precious resources and lives.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i'm very very very glad about the supposed decrease in performance that the original Gundams will experience after using the Trans-Am system. Now let's hope someone out there is smart enough to make it come into play...

Sergei is so awesome that even Ali is honestly wowed by meeting him. The look on his face at that first moment was priceless, so un-Ali.

What kind of interest does Ali have in Tieria? I'm thinking he might be in the market for a little "angel" of his own? I didn't think he swung Corner's way.

Shame on Sergei, Katie Manakin, or whoever was in charge of that operation for not calling a retreat the second they noticed the Gundams had new equipment and capabilities. Shame on them.

Shame on Lockon for completely throwing away the GN Armor on a tactically useless, completely emotion driven attack on the cruisers. I'd understand if he was trying to give the GN-X squad nowhere to return to, putting CB in a position to crush them, but they were clearly in no shape to do that.

There goes Darryl Dutch. Now that is how a crazy, emotion driven motherfucker should go.

And there goes Lockon Stratos. And that too is how a crazy, emotion driven motherfucker should go.

It was a good episode, wasn't it?

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

damn, looks like I won't get my graham acre vs Lockon rematch, they were both the professionals of their side would have been awesome.

That said, I wondered why Ali went after throne Zwei, but after realizing how cheap he is with those hit and run tactics, it suited him perfectly, plus it allowed him to take advantage of Lockon's blindspot.

And damn, what a way to go, never knew anyone had the guts to take on a gundam out of a mobile suit, but gotta give lockon credit, went out with a bang!

And that black guy is dead, which means Graham has another reason to fight, though I wonder if he'll blame himself cause he was so insistent on flying a flag instead of watching out for his wingman.

Anyone count how much of the fake GN gundams were destroyed? the U.N must have lost at least half their forces in that battle!

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    They killed Lockon.........They killed Lockon........

Argh!!! Still trying to get over the fact they killed the coolest Gundam pilot of the four. Good ep, but sad for me at least. Now I hate Ali, I hope he dies. Bad. Lyle might take one Lockon's mantle, but it doesn't really make sense, unless for some reason CB contacts him. Anyways, I'll be looking forward to Tieria going all out next week, with Nadleeh for a change.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Tue, 03-18-2008 at 07:27 AM.

I'm not gonna lie, I cried when I kept hearing Haro yelling Lockon's name right up until the end.

The production dudes did a really good job with this episode.