Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 02

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 02

gg+BSS=gSS? They're not listed under gg nor BSS's site, but it's hosted on minlong tracker, just like their last release. Similar file size, similar release time...well screw it. Here's the next episode:

[gSS]_Gundam_00_S2_-_02_[35872473].mkv

Edit: snooped around on IRC. Yeah.....that's gg/BSS.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 10-12-2008 at 01:09 PM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Script from gSS for those who already downloaded the raws.
    I don't know what it is timed to though you can shift it if you know how to use AegisSub.

Edit:
    Script from gSS, re-timed to Zero-Raws's 704x396 release but I think it will sync well with the other resolutions.

At 87% percent sync ratio, 00 was able to rape those two GN-X III units with ease. I wonder how powerful it can become once it hits 100%. Poor Billy, got dumped after taking care of Kujoh 2 years.

Next Episode: Hannibal Rising.
    Last edited by Illrenmazou; Sun, 10-12-2008 at 02:07 PM.

So now Exia's output = 4 Gundams aye? It's a clever way to give it an absurd upgrade, I'll give them that. Still Sunrise upgrades, but at least it's a little clever, instead of a new sword or two.

Celestial being must either be very desperate or very sure of their plans since they're giving info out left, right and center. These four years must have taught them to think for themselves rather than rely on Veda the whole time. Though with Wang Liu Mei double crossing them, it's not lke any plan will be perfect, with or without info leaks.

Allelujah's back into emo mode more than ever, but I can't say I don't like that. That love-sick VA is kind of.....alluring...

Anyway, looks like the action's only going to go up next episode, and I think we'll be seeing the whole Gundam cast in action, bar maybe Ali. You always save the best for last.

Note: Mistakes were found by our staff. Please download the patch below and read the ReadMe text for instructions in using it.

[gSS]​_Gundam​_00​_S2​_-​_02v2​_Patch.rar

An interesting episode. Still, the CB needs to be at least at this level for Ali to have any challenge at all fighting against them. He was the best pilot in season 1 despite using inferior machines, after all. I hope he makes an appearance already in the next ep. I'll be extremely sad, though, if he dies fighting for Ribbons.

Nice art, and they are somehow building up a second season.
    If I was rich enough I would invest in Bandai shares because gundam models are going to get sold out with this anime rolling out. Emo, Action, Reviving Heroes, Sabers, Pew pew, and yet, no Ali and even without him it's awesome.

I guess 4 years can do a lot for a growing super girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Ali was the best pilot in season 1 despite using inferior machines.
    I don't know...Lockon had him pinned until he figured out Lockon couldn't see his right. It means Ali's awesome in seeing such weakness with one hit, but that also means Lockon was severely handicapped to begin with.

Oh, and I lolled when Felt and Tieria couldn't control their renewed crush for Lockon. And the twin's playing cool .

He's noticeably younger too. Less reliable, but he should come along as a fine replacement. Tieria's right though. He won't be the same, and that's a good thing.

I thought it was interesting that the 00 is not a brand spanking new machine. Fittingly, it is the super old 0 gundam that Setsuna saw as his god when he was a jihadist. They just retrofit it with synchronized furnaces. So it's not some outrageous godlike technology similar to the Throne Gundams when they combine, it's just a refit, retrofit, and an overhaul.

Speaking of the Thrones, CB has a good strategy with Saji. Now that he can't live anywhere either (reinforced by the fact that Setsuna rescued him) give him full access to finally learn the truth. Saji will realize that his real enemies are Nena and Wang Liu Mei, who appear to be just as terrible people as Ali always was. Maybe we will see Saji utilize his supposed Aeronautics degree and upgrade a few gundams. He seemed at least a little swayed by Lasse's, "We're fixing the mess we made."

I'm wondering on what grounds they arrested Marina. It isn't like her nation was much of an outsider, she was trying to get solar power four years ago. It's probably something stupid like suspecting her of being the secret leader of Kataron. If she is in the same prison as Allelujah, maybe she'll get a rescue too.

Not too much Louise this episode sadly, but we do get lots of Soma next time. Allelujah recognized her proximity again at the end of the episode.

(And Soma in a tight uniform is even better...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    I'm wondering on what grounds they arrested Marina. It isn't like her nation was much of an outsider, she was trying to get solar power four years ago. It's probably something stupid like suspecting her of being the secret leader of Kataron. If she is in the same prison as Allelujah, maybe she'll get a rescue too.
    From what was said this episode, I'll be gathering it's because for some reason her country refused to join the Federation and give up its military. Either that, or like you said, they probably saw her as the secret leader of the wild military power there.

I completely forgot about the super-soldier brainwave scrambler. Looks like there'll be a way to kick Hallelujah back in after all

Totally agreeing with Soma in uniform. Too bad that's as good as it gets though. It's hardly likely A-Laws get to take a dip every now and then.

I thought it was interesting that the 00 is not a brand spanking new machine. Fittingly, it is the super old 0 gundam that Setsuna saw as his god when he was a jihadist. They just retrofit it with synchronized furnaces. So it's not some outrageous godlike technology similar to the Throne Gundams when they combine, it's just a refit, retrofit, and an overhaul.
    Well it is upgraded because the scientist hinted that Aeolia Schenberg had programmed more "theoretical data" to be sent to Celestial Being so I'm assuming along with attaching another solar furnace port, some of its capabilities were upgraded. Also, dual furnaces is quite an upgrade in itself. Definitely increased maneuverability, speed, and apparently it can hax by sending away beam particles.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    From what was said this episode, I'll be gathering it's because for some reason her country refused to join the Federation and give up its military. Either that, or like you said, they probably saw her as the secret leader of the wild military power there.
    This one is fuzzy cause she was pretty eager to be accepted in the UN in season one so her country could gain access to the solar elevator...

I completely forgot about the super-soldier brainwave scrambler. Looks like there'll be a way to kick Hallelujah back in after all
    What..? Anyway, Hallelujah might be gone because I feel like if Hallelujah was still there, he would've never let Allelujah be captured...or Hallelujah came back after the right side of Allelujah's face healed (it was damaged in the last ep of season 1).

Totally agreeing with Soma in uniform. Too bad that's as good as it gets though. It's hardly likely A-Laws get to take a dip every now and then.
    Haha. You know apparently she was 18 in season one? I had no idea...I thought she was 12.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosK
    What..? Anyway, Hallelujah might be gone because I feel like if Hallelujah was still there, he would've never let Allelujah be captured...or Hallelujah came back after the right side of Allelujah's face healed (it was damaged in the last ep of season 1)
    I'm thinking he's gone right now, but having another supersoldier to mess with his brain may open a pathway for Hallelujah to come back. It's Sunrise after all, and split personalities don't even need a decoy ship.

(And Soma in a tight uniform is even better...)
    Truly. The only bad thing I find about her is that she likes a man old enough to be her father... I can't really cheer for such a relationship like I could for a more "normal" one. Somehow Soma seems like a very reasonable character, despite being from HRL, so I hope she will disassociate herself from Ribbons's faction before the end, preferably even sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Truly. The only bad thing I find about her is that she likes a man old enough to be her father... I can't really cheer for such a relationship like I could for a more "normal" one. Somehow Soma seems like a very reasonable character, despite being from HRL, so I hope she will disassociate herself from Ribbons's faction before the end, preferably even sooner.
    Am i the only one that think the thing Sergei asked Soma to consider is an offer for adoption rather than a marriage proposal?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon
    Am i the only one that think the thing Sergei asked Soma to consider is an offer for adoption rather than a marriage proposal?
    In that case I don't see the need to hesitate. Unless it's Soma who wants to get into Sergei's pants

In that case I don't see the need to hesitate. Unless it's Soma who wants to get into Sergei's pants
    I mean, i could be reading way too much into this but Soma is somewhat socially awkward. She might feel reluctant to officially join his family since her background as a super soldier might complicate things for him and she doesn't want to cause trouble for him because of it.

@Dark Dragon:
    Bless your innocent mind, uncorrupted, unlike the rest of us.

Soma was showing a considerable amount of attachment to Sergei last season, and in the latter episodes, it extended beyond the normal friendly wish of keeping her commanding officer safe. She abandons a battle with Al/Hal in order to save him right at the end.

I suppose Sergei might have been one of the first people she met who treated her normally, but you could see her growning attachment that never really settled into the father-daughter bond. In the years since, she's only been growing closer to Sergei, more or less acting in a girlfriend capacity in his home. I also hate to say it given my reservations in the episode 1 thread, but the OP has her starting between Andrei and Sergei, and she looks longingly at Sergei as she floats into the foreground. It shifted from a father-daughter relationship in season 1 to what we now see here.

Well it is upgraded because the scientist hinted that Aeolia Schenberg had programmed more "theoretical data" to be sent to Celestial Being so I'm assuming along with attaching another solar furnace port, some of its capabilities were upgraded. Also, dual furnaces is quite an upgrade in itself. Definitely increased maneuverability, speed, and apparently it can hax by sending away beam particles.
    Haha.
    All true, but I don't think it's that much of a hax. It's more like an All-in-One. The A-LAWS pilot tossed a grenade in the middle of the battle that diffused all of Setsuna's beam weaponry, forcing Setsuna to engage in close combat, where he annihilated the overconfident pilot. So unlike Tieria's fatty Gundams, the 00 can do the GN shield (though it is more of a torrent), while moving very fast as well. It doesn't put Setsuna at an enormous technological advantage like we have seen in other Gundam series, or the Gundams here were at the beginning of the first series.

You know apparently she was 18 in season one? I had no idea...I thought she was 12.
    I wasn't a lolicon for liking her last season? This is the best news I've heard all day.

Not really. The only thing that if of the 0 Gundam is the furnace. In ep 25 of S1 we see the 0 Gundam ánd the 00 Gundam. Clearly 2 different machines.

Indeed. OO Gundam is the first fourth generation Gundam (O was first, there were several seconds in the manga that showed the progression from O to the four from season 1, Exia->Sevaree are all third, that's the official stance at least. But Sevaree seems on a completely different level from Virtue. It just seems goo gobs more efficient and powerful and makes me want to believe it doesn't belong in the same line as its predecessors, but we haven't really seen enough to be sure that it's a paradigm shift from it's predecessor.

In other news the Gundamgasm I got from OO was one of the better mid series suit debuts I've seen. It almost rivaled my Wing Zero gundamgasm, maybe even scratched the Strike Freedom one as well.

In non mecha-related news, major bummer for Billy indeed, who knows how much of his money she drank away only to up and leave without a word. As much as it won't make much sense i can only hope she becomes a better character this season with less brooding and drinking and more swimsuiting and bending over.

Lockon 2 seems kind of predictable so far, but it'll be interesting to see how his relationships with the characters who had feelings for the original Lockon develop. And of course his double agent status might come in handy. I'd love to see a Kataron produced Franken Gundam or something.

I give, I give. That doesn't really explain to me why Setsuna got an even harder "Omg my floating mecha god from when I was 10 and now *I* am the floating mecha god" reaction that he had towards the 00. He had the feeling before about the ideals of CB and being granted the freedom of using the Trans-Am system, but this one seemed to be towards the individual machine.

If Shirin and whoever the other guy is mean what they have been saying, they are sending Lyle in so that they can strengthen an allegiance with CB, not steal their Hax Gundam technology. Shirin and the other guy were emphasizing that somehow their goals have merged with CB's. That became clearer from the words Tieria told Saji, "We need to clean up our mess." While it is a coincidence that an anti-hegemony organization like Kataron and CB's goals meet, Kataron stands to gain more by either coordinating their actions with that of CB, or leaking a deliberate amount of info about CB's movements in order to increase the success of their operations. The longer and more trusted Lyle is within CB, the better off they are.

I seriously hope someone kills Wang Liu Mei this season. Her Tuxedo Mask bodyguard didn't sound all that pleased that she is more geared towards anarchy than world peace. She doesn't seem to have a clear goal about what happens afterward, she just wants a total overthrow of the current system. She's similar to Ali that way, neither of them care so long as their is a huge war. At the same time, she's working closely with Ribbons, who is after the creation of a shadow government with absolute control.

Speaking of which, it seems that Ribbons and his eunuch harem have a techno-psychic link, much in the same way that Grace from Macross was.