Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Nurarihyon no Mago - Grandchild of Nurarihyon

Yep, good stuff in these chapters. I want Rikuo to reveal himself to his friends already, and considering that Tsurara keeps calling him Rikuo with the onmyouji (or however you spell it), she should come to some sort of realization. And shouldn't she recognize Tsurara?

what, so fast?

I really like the combination of art styles. part of it is very clean and straight cut, while the rest (tamazaki and his sword) are madly detailed and dripping with texture.

at least now we know that there is a true evil manipulating everyone! woo-hoo!.
    not really excited, though, I'd much rather have this arc last for another 10-15 chapters just to flesh out Rikudo and his youkai\human conflict (wow, I haven't used the word youkai since Inuyasha ended!)

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

47:
    http://mangahelpers.com/s/fiva55/details/14113

True about Inuyasha... I think the word youkai will be forever linked to that series, and also true with the art style.

I like the introduction of someone evil manipulating things... it at least gives the story a real enemy, and not some monster of the week type of thing for the whole series.

Reading 47 now.

Edit: Should've known... a traitor and a shitty shounen-like shitty conclusion.
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 03-02-2009 at 10:23 AM.

most of all, this reminded me of DNA*2

a giant fight breaks out, the uber inner power comes out, beats the shit out of the baddy, and then things abruptly stop.

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

48 by Shinra Tensei:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LUSK9YSI

Looks like the start of a mini arc.

And here's 49 by Hyena:
    http://mangahelpers.com/s/fiva55/download/15562

Edit: A setup chapter, next one is supposed to be action packed.
    Last edited by Munsu; Wed, 03-11-2009 at 10:15 AM.

so, he can handle a sword on his own, now?

I think it's going to be his 'coming of age' arc. he already scared the shit out of two yakuza gangs, got hit on by the victim of the arc, and started slashing away.

also, the description of the jami (evil spirit?) is very down to earth, he's gay and revengeful. that's all there is to it.

He has shown he can use the sword on his own before.

oh, nice and slow.

a retelling of the original pilot story. well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    oh, nice and slow.

a retelling of the original pilot story. well done.
    That's pretty much what I thought when I read it... that it was similar to the One Shot before this was made into a full series. I liked the idea of Rikuo expanding his clan on his own volition.

I want more group battles like the previous arc.

chapter 51

I'll post my thoughts later, in the evening.

This was a pretty good chapter, setting up the next arc which I assume will be a long one. Seems promising, next chapter looks interesting.

edit: that's what I get for not pressing send.

beating around the bush, mostly.

Well, I really liked the chapter myself, especially since we get focused on some of the important minor characters. It also had a couple of funny twists that I wasn't expecting.

not saying otherwise, but still, we're in the exact same spot we were last week (well, we moved like 4 panels forward).

on a different matter of stuff.
    do them youkai's grow older? I mean, we know Rikou and Tazmaki are young, and the grandparents are old. but, take gyuuki for example, or Youshizune? they both have a long story about them (the birth of gyuuki, the proverb of Yoshizune), do they age and old? are they part of youkai family lines? same with Aotoba (and his rival from shikou)? they have freakin' legends about them, so what happens once they die?

Oh, as far as progressing the story... yeah it's on the same spot. But I didn't mind it, thought it was a fun chapter, I blame more the weekly nature of manga and how short chapters are to meet time limits... and that we're up to date with the releases makes us more impatient.

It would piss me off more if it were something like Berserk, where we go months without chapters, then we get a new one and the story doesn't move anywhere. But it's fine once in a while to have chapters like this one in my opinion.

My policy with dealing with stories that has demons, witches, spirts, etc. is to ignore all the "age" crap that they feed us. I don't think I have ever read a story that dealt with this and didn't contradict itself in some form or another. So, I'm going to choose not to have a headache on this one trying to find how things work on this regard.

Chapter 53 is up.

There definitely was a lot of reinforcement that the Nura clan is growing and need to grow, but after the last two chapters, I think it was all well-made filler to space out the introduction of the Onmyouji brother.

I like the pacing so far. The mangaka is slowly showing just how powerful Onmyouji can be. Any shorter and it becomes hard to believe they're a threat to Nura and his gang.
    Last edited by Everon; Thu, 04-09-2009 at 07:56 AM.