Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 10

Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 10

Last edited by Marik; Sun, 12-07-2008 at 06:29 PM.

An interesting episode. Even the WMDs I was missing during the first season make an appearance. Gotta say pieces are falling into their places. But after obliterating capitals the A-LAWs better branch into a secret police direction as the general population likely won't celebrate such actions. Union and AEU, at least, were democracies so if there's any realism in this series, quite a few dissidents should appear. Well, we have yet to see whether they destroyed their own forces as well... That will be even harder to explain.

Arms race looks good as well, though going along pretty expected routes, and the fight against the new A-LAWs machine wasn't very long at all. Marina scenes were deadly boring and clearly there only to give her some screentime. Ali, however, delivered even outside of a mobile suit. Going just "Yo!" to Nena...

Edit: My episode was also corrupted, disrupting the video stream right during Ali's scene. I guess I gotta redownload, seeing how even the crc has changed.

Indeed. Last torrent was corrupt somehow, causing your download to stop at 99%.

Wow, lots of surprises this ep. The biggest and my favorite being the rebirth of the CB's best answer to Ali, Hal (the Destroyer!). I was also wondering when A-LAWS would finally whip out their Solar System/Space Fortress Barge/Libra/Satellite Cannon/GENESIS/Requiem super WMD to confirm how evil they are but I wasn't expecting them to go the extra mile and pull a friendly fire with it. I suppose that helps make up for some of the softness we saw the A-LAWS higher ups displaying during the party episode.

That new girl CB hired is obviously a trap (possibly in more ways than one), with each appearance and act by Wang Liu Meu I'm feeling more and more sure that she isn't playing both sides at all but is firmly behind the Ribbons camp and is only out to screw CB at every opportunity she gives them. Marie mentions she's willing to fight and hey look they just happened to build a support unit for her boyfriends Gundam...I can't imagine who'll end up piloting that.

On the mecha front that new A-LAWS suit was fantabulous, but it apparently wasn't the one that Billy was working on so we'll have to wait and see if he can do better than laser fingers that can gut through a GN particle infused blade. And finally, I'd been wondering why 00 which supposedly has the power of 2 real GN drives continues to lose to suits with single fake GN drives but hopefully (or perhaps unfortunately) with the addition of the G-Defenser O-Riser 00 will regain its position of broken battle field dominance as promised by its debut battle and supposed quadruple normal power output.

Eh, just waiting to see Nena go on her last rampage before kicking the bucket herself.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Best part of this episode was definitely Ali being baddass with Nena, then being so stoicly professional with Ribbons.

Yeah, it is so painfully obvious about Anew Returner... I mean, she already has the same hair color and almost the same face as that one Innovator in A-LAWs... You'd think that if they were going to trap us with an Innovator infiltrating CB, it wouldn't be a twin of one of the confirmed baddies...

Actually, that makes me wonder... Tieria has a twin, so does Anew, and this episode we got to see Bring take Setsuna to town.... But is it also possible that Ribbons has a twin out there somewhere? Could that possibly be the thing he instructed Ali to search for? That would open a huge new path for the plot to take...

Tieria... dude not divulging info... he's just setting himself up to get all angsty whenever Anew springs her trap. What a dolt. I expected more...

I also actually liked the conversation between Saji and Marie, even if it's painfully obvious that she's soon going to be piloting that Gun Archer (the translation was GN, but I'll be damned if they didn't say it like 'Gun')

One thing I like, and three things I don't:
    1. Hallelujah is fucking back!

1. They better not fucking do Sergei like that...
    2. Any and every scene involving Marina
    3. Marie/Soma getting "Newtype flashes". good sweet god in heaven, I hate, hate, hate this Gundam tradition. It sorta had its place back in the UC timelines, to show how different and advanced Newtypes were (without even trying to be). But here it feels more like "we're going to try to add a layer of tension by having a good guy freak out about shit they couldn't possibly ever know". The thing I really didn't like was when Marie got a flash before Bring's attack, because it didn't happen to Al, and although there's clearly some connection between Innovators and Super Soldiers (Tieria's shower flash proved that), she's never reacted to an Innovator like that before. The rest, I suppose, is some lame shit about Sunny A Baoa Qu 2 using solar electric quantum space brain radiation blahblahblahblah waves.

So, the next time that thing fires... Hal goes away again? It also seemed like Marie switched back to Soma. I guess we were all wrong when we thought that those two's story line was finished...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

WOW that one Huge lightswitchs for those two to turn on and off. About Anew Returner she could be designated by Aeolia Schenberg to help CB, he did gave CB trans-am and dual GN system. Wang Liu only on her side and she likes to press fast forward button just a bit too much.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Damn... as much as I don't want Sergei to die like that... I guess this will erase Marie's doubts about fighting her ex-comrades.

Hallelujah is back!!! Excellent!!!

Nena and Ali's scene was excellent... I somehow believe she will end up dying by betraying Wang Liu and attacking Ali, who will own her...

Someone please kill Marina.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    about Anew... while it is possible that she is actually yet another hidden easter egg left behind by Aeolia Plothole Schenberg, the fact that she said she was "recruited into CB since operations resumed" (aka, post Wang Liu Mei deciding betrayal is fun and hip) makes it far more likely that she's there as Ribbons' / Wang Liu Mei's agent.

i'd be shocked out of my mind for an Innovator who isn't Tieria or Ribbons' missing twin to actually be on CB's side...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    But is it also possible that Ribbons has a twin out there somewhere? Could that possibly be the thing he instructed Ali to search for? That would open a huge new path for the plot to take...
    We saw Ribbon's twin soon after Tieria jumped the window.I'm not so sure about Soma being back. Her distressed voice was too hard to tell, and she was in more of a serious tone during the convo with Saji anyway IMO.

As for Hal, he's back.

HELL YEAH!!!!

As for how permanent that is, I'd like to believe he's existing in co-ed with Al, just like they did in Ep25 last season. But if it is permanent, at least for the duration of being in Setsuna's particle radius, it'll be interesting for both Al and Marie to go into battle-mode whenever they work that O-Riser.

Marie having news-flashes annoyed me for the simple reason it made her soft(er).

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

After reading some blogs I noticed there is a bit of talk about the moral issues of what A-LAWS has been doing that people are taking different sides on them. For my part I don't think it's justified to just unilaterally nuke a countries capital just because that country doesn't want to go along with your plan for essentially dissolving said countries sovereignty.

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    Yeah, it is so painfully obvious about Anew Returner... I mean, she already has the same hair color and almost the same face as that one Innovator in A-LAWs... You'd think that if they were going to trap us with an Innovator infiltrating CB, it wouldn't be a twin of one of the confirmed baddies...
    While that's the easiest assumption, it's also possible she is genuinely Wang Liu Mei's puppet, trained by her alone in her backpocketses. She seems to be the person knowing the most in this series, so I have no doubt she knew about the innovators before most others and could have secured one for herself, well, one other in addition to Nena if she's of the same breed somehow as well. Also, I don't think Wang Liu Mei's in perfectly honest cooperation with Ribbons. Like Death13 said, Wang Liu Mei is the leader of the fast-forward button faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    After reading some blogs I noticed there is a bit of talk about the moral issues of what A-LAWS has been doing that people are taking different sides on them. For my part I don't think it's justified to just unilaterally nuke a countries capital just because that country doesn't want to go along with your plan for essentially dissolving said countries sovereignty.
    That's probably best left until the next ep since we haven't actually seen a single (real) reaction to the WMD use. Let's just hope there will be a reaction since there's no way in hell they would be able to hide what they did. The thing must have been visible for hundreds of kilometers not to mention a load of people in the space must have seen it by chance if looking at that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    That's probably best left until the next ep since we haven't actually seen a single (real) reaction to the WMD use. Let's just hope there will be a reaction since there's no way in hell they would be able to hide what they did. The thing must have been visible for hundreds of kilometers not to mention a load of people in the space must have seen it by chance if looking at that direction.
    Who knows they might find some bullshit reason to blame it on CB.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Those Marina scenes were just painful. She's really trying to get ideas on how to solve international disputes from a 6 year old? The way that scene was set up made me think that the writers want us to think that she's no more intelligent and idealistic than a small child. Especially when she was thinking about what Setsuna did. I like, really wish someone would like eye rape one of those kids in front of her in order to snap her out of that stupid line of thought. In fact, I even question how much she loves her country. We know Shirin does, because, and she even got a lil sassy with Marina. But all I see is a whiny helpless child. /end rant

And what's up with the gratuitous Tiera shower scene? I coulda sworn his hair as shorter than that. And Noriega is only 31? Hmmm...sweet. She almost qualifies for that juicy milf-y goodness

Ugh, absolutely right. Marina certainly acts like a child. She's still very much the isolated, sheltered, protected little princess that Shirin always kind of thought she was. Given how bleak the series looks like it might become (with Langrange 3 blowing up next episode and the Middle East obliterated) I really begin to wonder how her incredibly naive view of the world will still be able to play a part in this series.

If Sumeragi was only 17 when she met Billy and Kati, does that mean Billy has always been a bit of a pedo? They aren't European (well, Kati is) or Japanese, so the age of consent in the Union would be 18 for Sumeragi (16 in Japan for girls, Europe varies).

Concerning Marie, I don't think she reverted to Soma the same time Al reverted to Hal. Soma and Marie are voiced very differently, and she still had the Marie tones to her voice. She still remembers everything from her life as Soma, and she still has the same attachment to Sergei. While she said in the tent to Al that she loves him as a whole, just as she is a combination of Soma and Marie, there will probably be a great deal of drama injected into their relationship. Hal has none of the kindness that Marie initially liked in Al. Then again, maybe she will revert back into the fiesty Soma we all love, and show Hal a thing or two...

If you want to see something really disturbing, try watching some of the Louise scenes from season 1 now that we see how changed she is. There is nearly no remnants of the personality she used to exude. It's almost impossible to imagine that she become this. I can't wait to see when Saji meets her once more. I'm hoping he'll turn his back on her, but then again, he blames himself for as many deaths as I'm sure Louise will soon be directly responsible for.

EDIT:

One thing I found very surprising is Tieria wondering in his head why he hasn't told the rest of CB about the Innovators. I would have expected him to report what occurred on the mission he was in his womanly disguise as soon as he and Setsuna came back. This may prevent CB from recognizing a great deal of threats, one of which may now be (probably is) in their ranks.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Mon, 12-08-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Soma x Hal x Ali x Setsuna Uber over powered clusterfuck battle for ep11 ?

You know you want it even if it doesn't make sense.

Then went with the "Deathstar" vilain plot, I'm shocked, I think we all are. Moving on, let's think of a way to make that Deathstar cooler, let's for example shoot Marina with it

Am I the only one whose losing interesting in this series? I was bored for 98% of this episode, and the last 2 episodes as well.

Why do people love Hal who's a psycho but hated Shin back in Destiny who's also a psycho?

Because Shin was a whiny psycho. And actually, Sumeragi was most likely younger than 17 when she first met Billy, so yea, he's a big perv. I mean she even looked like she was about 15 in that scene when she was 17.

Agreed with rockmanj

Shinn was crazy in the childish, illogical, obsessive, out of control, god complex sort of way. Hal is crazy in the cool, (usually) collected, sociopath sort of way similar to Ali or Hannibal Lecter.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Tue, 12-09-2008 at 03:13 PM.