Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New UC Gundam series announced?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin
    The names these days...What's next? No Backside! Best Sideways!

=__=
    Hey, remember what everyone said about Lockon Stratos and Allelujah Haptism? They didn't turn out so bad. Granted, they weren't as bad as Full Frontal.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

How about Bend Ov...ah nevermind

Ugh more masked villains? Come on...
    Its a Gundam tradition, what can ya do.
    Last edited by TheBladeChild; Thu, 09-03-2009 at 11:28 AM.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBladeChild
    Its a Gundam tradition, what can ya do.
    Hope they will break the tradition one day?

Hope they will break the tradition one day?
    I would just be thankful for the relatively normal non-bishounen looking hero and the older art style.

They could've made another Seed.

I am totally digging the old school character design.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i also broke into hysterics at the new masked man's name. jesus jumping christ on a cracker. that's just awful.

epyon said it, the old-school character models look pretty hot. just enough nostalgia, still enough modern tech. (also, although this should be a given, the mechs are beautiful)

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Gundam Unicorn Trailer
    One word: GLORIOUS!
    Too bad we didn't hear Audrey speak.

That looked pretty fantastic indeed
    -----------------

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Looks good.

I'm eager to watch this since it'll change my perception of the Gundam franchise somewhat. Only watching Wing and 00 means the word Gundam corresponds with Super Robot.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Heh, if 00 and wing make you think of super robots, then you should really need to see G :P
    -----------------

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Wing is always going to have a special place, as it was my real intro into anime, but, yeah, there's just something about the UC timeline that resonates with me. the mechs are (i pray) going to be a bit limited because of the timeline, but I did catch glimpses of Funnels/Bits/DRAGOONS/Fangs in that preview.

and to go a little bit off topic, if you want a Gundam series that has nothing "super" about the robots, you want Gundam 0080 - War in the Pocket, and 8th MS Team. Those are the two most "grounded" of the installments. (Some episodes of the CGI Gundam show are pretty decent too, if not formulaic and, horribly CGI-rific EDIT to below. Yeah, MS IGLOO is the name of it)
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Thu, 01-28-2010 at 08:17 AM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Limited? Sorry but everything after Zeta is pretty much powerhouse warfare.
    And seeing how Unicorn takes places after char's counterattack, which had the stupidly powerful nu gundam and sazabi, it's safe to say that Unicorn will be powerful as hell too.

Also if you really want to see the most "grounded" stuff, ms igloo is the best bet, since it shows the wars from the point of view of grunts in really low grade armor.
    -----------------

While I miss the para-troopers in The 08th MS Team, I also miss the shining fingers and butterfly swords.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。