Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New UC Gundam series announced?

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

New UC Gundam series announced - Gundam Unicorn

Updated: April 25, 2009
    Via ANN. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ally-announced

Quote Originally Posted by ANN
    The June issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Gundam Ace magazine will officially announce on April 25 that an anime adaptation of Harutoshi Fukui's Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn space robot novels has been green-lit for this winter. Kazuhiro Furuhashi (Le Chevalier D'Eon, Rurouni Kenshin, Zipang) will direct off a script written by Yasuyuki Muto (Afro Samurai: Resurrection, Le Chevalier D'Eon, Persona -trinity soul-).

Kumiko Takahashi (Card Captor Sakura, Ouran High School Host Club, Witch Hunter Robin) will adapt the original character designs that Yoshikazu Yasuhiko (first Mobile Suit Gundam, Venus Wars, Arion) created for the original novels. Hajime Katoki (Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, Gundam Wing Endless Waltz Special Edition), Yoshinori Sayama (Birdy the Mighty Decode, Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack), Junya Ishigaki (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Macross Frontier), and Nobuhiko Genba (Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie - Conqueror of Shamballa animator) will design the robotic mecha loosely inspired by Kunio Okawara's work on the first Mobile Suit Gundam series. Shinya Ogura (Eureka Seven , Gundam Evolve, Planetes) will advise on the world setting of the story, as he has on other Sunrise anime projects.

The Gundam Unicorn story is mainly set in the year of Universal Century 0096 — three years after Char's Counterattack, the last anime to feature the protagonist Amuro and antagonist Char of the first Gundam anime series. Before penning Gundam Unicorn, Fukui wrote the stories of the C-blossom - case729 and Samurai Commando: Mission 1549 manga.
    The rest of this post is about an older rumor that is perhaps still going to be an OAV or a manga.

New Gundam Series to mark 30th Anniversary Reported

edit - seems it'll just be a manga, or a movie at most
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ndam-tv-series

The story will star Hugues Couraud, a 32-year-old officer in command of the Earth Federation's Phantom Sweep Team. The special operations unit is ordered to hunt down the remnants of the losing Zeon forces after the end of the One Year War of the first Gundam series. When he was young, he once had his entire unit wiped out. The other main character from the Phantom Sweep Team is a 24-year-old woman named Sherry Allison. She was a test pilot for prototype units, but she has been assigned to the special operations team to fill its ranks. On the opposing Zeon side is Eric Blanke, a 20-year-old male officer born to a prominent family in the Principality of Zeon. He is leading the counteroffensive unit named Invincible Knights to avenge the Zeons' loss to the Earth Federation.

The story is set in 0081 of the Universal Calendar, one year after end of the One Year War. While peace and order are being restored to the world, small-scale battles still crop up here and there due to Zeon remnants continuing to offer resistance. A veteran Earth Federation officer assigned to mopping up the remaining Zeon forces, and a young officer executing a top secret operation to revive the Zeons, cross paths on this new battlefield.
    So, yeah, I'm psyched. I always look forward to a UC series because I know several things are guaranteed. The technology will be relatively limited (and, in contrast to many recent Gundam series, that means generally much more plausible), and much of the setting and background will already be there. This leads me to hope that they'll focus on the characters, story telling, and whatever little trick they've got up their sleeve.

I'm interested to see what else about this show comes up...

Also, sorry if this is a hoax after all...
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Thu, 04-23-2009 at 07:56 AM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/...niversary.html

^more information on it, including pictures.

I liked it better when they called it "Stardust Memories".

Sounds a little like the 8th MS team, but only a little. Im not that big a fan of another UC series just because theres been so many of them, but hey ill give this one a shot.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Man I was hoping for a Unicorn Gundam anime, but alas.
    Though this will prolly be pretty good.
    -----------------

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Will it be any good watched as a standalone series, or will I have to watch all the previous UC series for this to make any sense?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Will it be any good watched as a standalone series, or will I have to watch all the previous UC series for this to make any sense?
    You wont really have to watch all the previous series. That would really suck since theres like 23852635423 of them. Just know the general story of the original gundam, wiki it, and you should be fine.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

I like the UC series a lot. I think the MS IGLOO series though limited to only 3 episodes is epic. However, as much as I like the UC series I definitely like the advanced new Gundams as well such as Seed and 00.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Updated: April 25, 2009
    Via ANN. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ally-announced

The June issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Gundam Ace magazine will officially announce on April 25 that an anime adaptation of Harutoshi Fukui's Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn space robot novels has been green-lit for this winter. Kazuhiro Furuhashi (Le Chevalier D'Eon, Rurouni Kenshin, Zipang) will direct off a script written by Yasuyuki Muto (Afro Samurai: Resurrection, Le Chevalier D'Eon, Persona -trinity soul-).

Kumiko Takahashi (Card Captor Sakura, Ouran High School Host Club, Witch Hunter Robin) will adapt the original character designs that Yoshikazu Yasuhiko (first Mobile Suit Gundam, Venus Wars, Arion) created for the original novels. Hajime Katoki (Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, Gundam Wing Endless Waltz Special Edition), Yoshinori Sayama (Birdy the Mighty Decode, Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack), Junya Ishigaki (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Macross Frontier), and Nobuhiko Genba (Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie - Conqueror of Shamballa animator) will design the robotic mecha loosely inspired by Kunio Okawara's work on the first Mobile Suit Gundam series. Shinya Ogura (Eureka Seven , Gundam Evolve, Planetes) will advise on the world setting of the story, as he has on other Sunrise anime projects.

The Gundam Unicorn story is mainly set in the year of Universal Century 0096 — three years after Char's Counterattack, the last anime to feature the protagonist Amuro and antagonist Char of the first Gundam anime series. Before penning Gundam Unicorn, Fukui wrote the stories of the C-blossom - case729 and Samurai Commando: Mission 1549 manga.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    Man I was hoping for a Unicorn Gundam anime, but alas.
    Though this will prolly be pretty good.
    UNICORNNNN!!!!

Hehe awesome news, I guess all the sales of the mg unicorn and mg sinanji paid of ;P
    -----------------

This should be really interesting...though I am not a huge huge fan of the older UC gundams.

ZombieCosmonaut
    I loved the Early UC timeline (not so much after CCA) so I'm a happy guy.

I hope there will be more female characters to compensate for the sausagefest that was Gundam 00.

It was a good series though.

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    I hope there will be more female characters to compensate for the sausagefest that was Gundam 00.

It was a good series though.
    Heh. It didn't stop it from sparking an abundance of H-material though.

I'm under the impression that this will be a movie and not a tv series?

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Ugh more masked villains? Come on...

Spring 2010 aye? Only 6 months to go.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin
    Ugh more masked villains? Come on...
    And the worst part? His name is Full Frontal.

Quote Originally Posted by Illrenmazou
    And the worst part? His name is Full Frontal.
    Lol what???? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    The names these days...What's next? No Backside! Best Sideways!

=__=