Thread: Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 24

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 24

Edit: Link was fake. Sorry guys.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    [14:11] <masamune> i can't tell if i should be pissed with this episode or just enjoy it for what it was
    [14:11] <RedneckNoob> Be pissed.
    [14:11] <masamune> well, there's plenty to be pissed about
    [14:12] <Yukimura> even i'm going to go with be pissed
    [14:12] <masamune> i'm going to be lenient and assume Tieria couldn't have used the Trial Field before he linked with Veda
    [14:12] <masamune> but i'm not so down with the dead body's talking and stuff
    [14:12] <masamune> i liked how they resolved Billy and Sumeragi. that felt right
    [14:13] <Yukimura> the thing about the trial system i can understand
    [14:13] <masamune> but they didn't explain it very well in the episode
    [14:13] <masamune> i'm just assuming
    [14:13] <Yukimura> except for the part about how tieria got himself into Veda in the first place
    [14:13] <masamune> he flew inside?
    [14:13] <Yukimura> but if you just accept that he did then he should be able to use the Trial system
    [14:13] <masamune> apparently Ribbons forgot to lock the doors?
    [14:13] <Yukimura> maybe that's where innovaders go when they die?
    [14:13] <masamune> it seems so
    [14:13] <masamune> as Regene was there too
    [14:13] <Yukimura> yep
    [14:14] <masamune> but then would there also be 1000+ Bring clones in there?
    [14:14] <Yukimura> maybe when their powers combine they > ribbons
    [14:14] <Yukimura> well bring was never very intelligent
    [14:16] <masamune> Ali deserved better thoguh
    [14:16] <masamune> and Ribbons' "last boss" mech is ugly as hell
    [14:17] <masamune> i still bet that Andrei dies, but now it'll be to save Marie, or maybe even Allelujah
    [14:17] <masamune> also
    [14:17] <masamune> Loran Cehack called
    [14:18] <masamune> he's a little angry about the whole "Moonlight Butterfly" rip-off
    [14:18] <masamune> there is, however, one thing about this episode that i liked
    [14:19] <masamune> and it's that all the God BS was done by Setsuna, Tieria, and Regene (although wtf with Regene?)
    [14:19] <masamune> i like it because Marina was in no way involved

but in the end, there was nothing special in this episode. it was just standard "moving toward a happy ending using bullshit science and heartfelt, childish morality." the mecha genre seems to have always been inclined for that oh so odious combination...

in the end, this show is just the latest version of a long-standing class of anime. it borrows ridiculously from its predecessors, it tweaks or pads some of their themes, it changes the characters, the settings and updates the graphics and the technology. but what is that in the end?

for me, there's almost nothing here to comment on. the show is a heap of cliches, archetypes, and borrowed bits and pieces of theme and plot. it's enjoyable at times, downright silly at others and, in the end, a very shallow piece of work.

i am looking forward to the FullMetal Alchemist re-make replacing this show (you know, that's a terrible thing to say, that I'm more excited about a remake that is simply going to follow its manga storyline more than I'm excited to see the end of this "original" Gundam show). There just isn't much for this show to do. I suppose once it abandoned the "competing super-power nations and the crazy bastards who want to stop them" premise for the "Good Bishounen invoke questionably ridiculous morality and, with their mechs channelling Super Saiyans, defeat the Evil Dude Who Wants to Rule the World", it just stopped being compelling for me.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Well I liked this episode. I think GN practicals stops people from hiding behind illusions and shifting blame on others when confronted to their own faults. Since i always comparing this to Gundam Seed Destiny, I can overlook piles of bullshit. As far as Gundam franchise Gundam 00 is good and will get more new people to watch other gundam series.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

lolololol... Everything happens way way too fast for 1 episode *sigh*
    btw.. god damnit Ali, you have failed me.
    You can't compare Bush to Hitler cause Bush is the village idiot and Hitler was border line genius, unfortunately he was border line insane also, so sad such a mind went to waste.

Ali's role certainly was written cheaply and quickly off. It's as if they wanted him to be there but couldn't come up with anything sensible for him to do. So, he fought with Lockon v2, lost power and got shot after a stupid stunt unbefitting him. Still, looking at this ending as a whole, it was no worse than the treatment most of the characters got.

At least Saji and Louise finally got each other, and Al and Soma are both still alive.

I think the only thing I really liked about this episode was the conversation between Sumeragi and Billy about freedom and peace. Billy wanted to live in a Nanny State, where everything is safe and warm and done for you, and Sumeragi vehemently opposes that notion, saying that it is in our right to craft our own futures, even if they might be wrong or harmful to ourselves. Says right there which side has been right all along.

That said, I was greatly amused that the message of this series turns out to be the exact diametrically opposed message that Macross Frontier pushed in its final episodes. Super-human mental unification solved everything here in this episode, and that getting inside each others heads and merging as one is the way that humanity will carve a path to the future.

Ugh.

I wonder if they will sell the Suicide Suits model kits super cheap, so you can buy like 40 of them.

Sweet. Finally a gundam series that saves everyone with "Pixie Dust". Disney might potentially sue them for it. ^_^

Question how is 00 still flying at the end when it released that much pixie dust just moments earlier? I dont know how long he actually was in that mode but I think even with real drives that should render him completely dry.

Never thought I would c such a lame design for a end boss gundam, oh well 1 more week and I can get to c FMA again.

"When a true Innovator gets into a suit with Twin Drives the particles become supercharged..."

[this was about when my eyes rolled into the back of my head and I stopped listening]

...long drawn out excuse for whatever bullshit looks the shiniest and prettiest. The other two Innovado's complain that they'd be able to do it too if they had that kind of Gundam.

I think that's what you were looking for.

It was good eye candy. Shiny particles were shiny. Firefights were fiery.

Seriously though, I didn't find this episode to be too bad. It's certainly dropped all the politics stuff from the first season, but I could still enjoy Gundam for all it's worth (ie - deus ex powerups, Shounen spirits etc).

Though there were many flashy parts this episode, Ali's death was certainly not one of them. We didn't even get a clear look at his face when he died too.... I suppose a "cheap shot" had to be the way to take him down. Really, I don't think anyone fighting Ali head on and killing him would be believable.

Regene.... it's a bit hard for me to figure out where she's standing. While she facilitated Aoelia's original plan, it seemed to me that her ultimate motive was to take Ribbons down without consideration of whether she sat at the top or not.

It's weird, and I don't think Veda is necessarily the place for innovados to go when they die. Besides the 1000+ Brings, you also have the others....Anew, for one.

One possibility is that once you're inside Veda (or rather, Veda's chamber), you're automatically linked to Veda. Whether access rights are given is another matter...

Urgh. That didn't make too much sense. Anyway, Regene and Tieria both died in Veda's chamber, and now they're linked to it while others are not. I think there's some sort of link there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    "When a true Innovator gets into a suit with Twin Drives the particles become supercharged..."

[this was about when my eyes rolled into the back of my head and I stopped listening]

...long drawn out excuse for whatever bullshit looks the shiniest and prettiest. The other two Innovado's complain that they'd be able to do it too if they had that kind of Gundam.

I think that's what you were looking for.
    I forgot about that bit thx for mentioning it Ryllharu. I still find it too much of a stretch even though they were supercharged. It completely engulfed most of the space around that asteroid for a lengthy period of time. I thought it should of been out of particles since it just released all of it at once. Oh well this gundam series has really baffled me when it comes to tech analysis. And I wonder where this little surprise was kept, in the black box again? hehe

I like others before me have said too, wanted Ali to have a better ending then wut was given to him. Ryllharu was it ever mentioned how tieria got into Veda?
    Last edited by Naruto_RNG; Mon, 03-23-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto_RNG
    How did Tieria get into Veda?
    One thing that's been consistent in this show is that innovators can access Veda or similar computer entities by being inside a "room" of sorts. The one on the old Ptolemy is a good example, bot Nena and Tieria got in from there.

Same thing can be thought about Veda. Really, Ribbons should have locked everybody out, but much like how Ribbons initially cleared each individual level slowly, Regene had plenty of time to hack Veda slowly but surely, then hand Tieria the access rights when he showed up.

I guess you can think about it that way too thx Buffalobiian. I thought once the head is shot u die for sure, be it innovades or humans lol. Both of them got shot in the head, oh well.

lalalala...
    well 1 more week and I can get to c FMA again.

-