Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: The Internet

Blog Entries
    The first one was already difficult enough.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    And then you get Orlandu... that said this patch... this is amazing!
    Last edited by UChessmaster; Sun, 02-05-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Yeah...no. Once you know how to get the jobs you want, it becomes a cakewalk. Turning Ramza into a Samurai with his guts abilities as a secondary (or a squire with draw out ability if you're scared) and teleport movement ability, I owned the hell out of chapter 3 Wiegraf/pre-Velius fight. He was lvl 26. That was my second time playing the game, and it was the most difficult fight that could be beaten without some kind of exploit or praying for luck.

The game could be half challenging if you did not allow yourself to use abilities that heal or revive, but...not really. Try the patch xD.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Here is an unofficial version of a personality test I took for work.

The results from the test I took for work said I'm a "Persuader" which I have to agree with for the most part, though I might have changed a little since I last took it. I took the unofficial test and results were different each time I took it (first, hella dominance, then results looked like promoter which is just persuader with less dominance [which is consistent with me]...), probably 'cuz I started having expectations D:.

Here's the general comparative gist of the different personality types.

You guys should take it! You can see what pattern fits your results best by looking at the patterns from the second link.
    Last edited by Sapphire; Mon, 02-06-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

You are responsive to challenges in a practical, realistic and enthusiastic manner. You are a fact orientated person capable of providing help based on solid information.
    You are assertive, self-sufficient and individualistic
    People are likely to perceive you as being rational and creative at the same time.

The general summary there is rather accurate. I don't know how to get the whole breakdown from the other two links though.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I tried to take the test but some of the answers seem unrelated or contradictory, and others are 50/50 for me. Not sure it will be accurate at all.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Always pick the one that wins, even a little bit.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

I just felt this was such a little gem I had to share it. This was emailed to the support account on Mangatraders (note for completeness that Mangatraders has had an online viewer for a few months now in addition to the traditional ddl support we've had for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Mangatraders User
    Why is the manga \"Yami No Matsuei\" a zip file?
    I don\'t want to download or upload it.
    All I want to do is read it on your web site.
    It is a hassle to unzip zip files. You have to have
    a zip software program to unzip the file. That is
    too complicated.
    I have Windows 7, so why are people still
    downloading and uploading things in zip files?

A response would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Also in response to personality test, I don't put much stock in them. I've noticed that there are usually multiple 'personality types' that seem to fit any given person reasonably well which makes the whole notion of having a single type describe a person seem rather forced. It reminds me of horoscopes or blood typing in that that doesn't really seem to serve a purpose beyond giving people something they can compare and contrast with their friends to make themselves feel like they understand themselves.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Mon, 02-06-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Additional Info

You enjoy interacting with and helping people. You are open to new ideas and procedures.
    Although you are calm and controlled you still project enthusiasm and optimism.
    Your natural supportive, listening and empathetic behavior makes you a good coach. Someone people turn to when they need help or advice.

-----------------

Blog Entries

You have a strong inner motivation to influence people and circumstances. You thrive on competitive situations and challenging assignments.
    The stresses and pressures of everyday work and life are unlikely to reduce your effectiveness and enthusiasm.
    Not sure if i agree with the results. Maybe in a sense that stress doesn't really make me unmotivated, it just puts me on edge.

You have a strong inner motivation to influence people and circumstances. You thrive on competitive situations and challenging assignments.
    The stresses and pressures of everyday work and life are unlikely to reduce your effectiveness and enthusiasm.

Seems to be pretty accurate

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    descarga.png
    You are tenacious and determined to follow a course of action - to achieve objectives.
    You are a clear thinker. You have an inner need to be objective and analytical. You like to pursue a definite course of action. You respond to logic rather than emotion.
    You are likely to be particularly good at handling challenging technical assignments.

hmmmmm...
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar

You are tenacious and determined to follow a course of action - to achieve objectives.
    You are a clear thinker. You have an inner need to be objective and analytical. You like to pursue a definite course of action. You respond to logic rather than emotion.
    You are likely to be particularly good at handling challenging technical assignments.

That would be accurate, should I have enough energy to cope with my personality...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Yeah, we should eradicate the Human race...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Not much luck, fortunately in my opinion, trying to get that legalized elsewhere in the Western world, but you never know with Australia; after all, they did make women with small breasts illegal. In China this is already business as usual, but traditionally the West hasn't had much interest in copying laws from China, though perhaps that's changing as well with all the citizen spying laws made with the excuse of enforcing copyrights.

Blog Entries

soon MD will be able to kill 5 year old kids, and later 20 year old people on their whim too?
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Both a fetus and a newborn certainly are human beings and potential persons, but neither is a ‘person’ in the sense of 'subject of a moral right to life’. We take ‘person’ to mean an individual who is capable of attributing to her own existence some (at least) basic value such that being deprived of this existence represents a loss to her.
    So then here's a question: Lets say someone has a child and decides that he loves it. But then someone sneaks into the neo-natal intensive care unit with the intent of killing the infant, and then kills the infant. Lets then say killer gets caught or confesses. Should he be tried for murder or property damage/destruction?
    Last edited by Uchiha Barles; Sun, 03-04-2012 at 03:31 PM.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

well, apparently he's a real person. I thought that he was a conservative puppet trying to make an argument against abortions.

other works he's done: http://monash.academia.edu/ALBERTOGIUBILINI/Papers
    it's impressive that he got a doctor's degree and published already, he looks my age in his picture.

anybody willing to read the paper and see if it makes sense?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.