Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Gundam Seed sucked

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGumball
    Thats all I got to say otherwise R U Kidding me storyline, Killing Heine was BS as well, next time grow some balls and kill someone else before building up, and stop letting god char appear to die and then have no damage at all Fucking Kira..
    IIRC, TM Revolution was the VA for Heine, and after recording a few episodes he decided he would be unable to continue due to other responsibilities. (relating, I would guess, to his music)

Why Gundam Seed sucked

Nowadays Wing is an "old" series, and most of Gundam fans consider it the less interesting one. There are also series that are not included in the game, such Endless Waltz, Gundam X, War in The Pocket, Stardust Memory, The 08th MS Team...

Since you started complaining seed to wing. Wing also sucked. BIG TIME. You know why? A group of five bishounen boybands are tasked to infiltrate the Oz... And then what? Colonies asking for independence, and they put all there hope in a group of five boy bands.
    2. Character development; I'm not a seed fan but kira insists that he is not as suppose you're tyring to portray. He's still a normal human being that he is judged not by ability alone. About that flay scene, kira never intented to steal sai's gf. He is in pain and trouble coz he's not a soldier in the first place. He asks for comfort, and sadly (ugh) flay only is the one who talks to him. About being arrogant he only roams to battlefield to disable enemy suits not killing them. It's still better than watching 5 homicidal boybands in gundam wing slaughtering helpless grunts and the main hero maniacally laughing. And don't start with wufei he's a hypocrite and disgusting that he talks about honor but killas an army while at their sleep.
    4. If seed lacks proper villain, wing suffers that by two folds. It is clearly implied that the distinction and racial discrimination is the greatest enemy in seed. In the battlefield, kira engages on aces in the likes of the red coat, desert tiger, fed druggies, heine weistenfluss, shinn asuka while wing lacks that kind of aces. What does wing have? Zechs who is clear blatant rip-off of char? Treize who is like a rip-off of paptimus scircco? Oz does have the budget on mass producing suits but not the effctive pilots. They rush to the gundams begging to be destroyed and dies indignified. Sigh...
    5. About the colony drop, isnt it zeon are the first one to use it making wing a bunch of copycat. Zeon wanted revenge to earth, char wanted a massive space migration so that humans can evolve to newtypes. The former soldiers of zaft done the junius seven drop out of revenge because of the bloody valentine. Then why operation meteor??? They all just get drunk, and come up with hey, let's throw something on earth!!!

Gundam SEED was bad because, like just about every other modern Gundam series, it's forgotten the peaceful and anti-war sensibility of Tomino to do exactly what he didn't want - dress war up as a game, as action figures banging into each other, as thoughtless pretty explosions and clashes of Good and Evil.

I didn't read this thread.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Seed was utter shit as far as I'm concerned. Furthermore, as far as I'm concerned, Kira died in Seed midway into the series when he lost that fight against Athrun. He kicked Athrun's ass in the gundum fight, but he ended up trapped in his own gundam, and Athrun set the self-destruct sequence of Kira's gundam. Kira came back, with no explanation, no attempt at an explanation.

I loved Wing because of the awesome characters. I like how the most awesome Gundam pilot wasn't Heero, but Wufei. Everyone seems to have gotten bent by Zero, but Wufei comes out of it all boss, smirking and saying "Zero showed me something interesting xD." Everyone else went batshit crazy, destroying worlds or otherwise showing their comparative weakness. I like how in the beginning of the series, Heero and Duo jumped out of a window like badasses when they got caught infiltrating whatever building they were infiltrating.

I loved it when Lady Une left a bomb disguised as makeup kit in a room in order to assassinate some guy. After she left, Releena thought Lady Une forgot the make up kit and caught up with her. She all happy to be of service and Lady Une was like "Omg wtf?! Gimme that gtfo the way!" Through the bomb right through the window into the room, right before the explosion goes off, killing the dude. Bad. Ass. Up until that point, I hated Lady Une's guts. After that, I loved her. I remember rewinding to that part multiples times, and climaxing.

Heero also died and came back without an explanation. I didn't like that.

Yeah, Seed didn't have anyone like the people in Wing.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

I don't know what you're smoking man, but.... Wing is by far the worst gundam series ever existed. Worse than a deep shit. Why? It stole every good points from UC. They make a gundam show of a gundam that can transform and enter atmosphere without jetpacks. Uhmmm.. I think that's called Zeta Gundam??? Atleast the colonies in Zeon principality are more dignified and more willing to fight unlike those dumbasses in wing. Putting their hopes to 5 bishounen boys... But ends up abandoning them? Seed astray explains Lowe guile saving kira from the explosion of athrun's self destruct with his gerbera straight.

While heero and the G-boys are only saved by so called plot armor. Jumping from a high building and only suffering from broken leg? That's stupid. A perfect soldier? You gotta kidding me. Heero's got busted on episode 1 by zechs when he STARES at his leo and doing nothing. He self destructed his gundam. He survived, wing gundam got repaired and gets back to action. Blatant stupid. He fought zechs in antartica he gets his ass whooped and because of GODDAMN plot armor(no... No gundanium) instead of being sliced by tallgeese's beam saber it only looked like it was some kind of baseballbat. No. Don't even start with the gundam designs. They're aesthethically beautiful but rots and sucks big time in functionality. Bullshit. No one in world war one or two is recorded on going on an all out war carrying a big sycthe, glave or an extendable arm. Hello!!! Even seed displays better weaponry than those lame toys. You gotta defend that by saying those suits are design for close combat. That's stupid again. No f-cking idiot on his right mind will engage on an close fight when they can use beam riffle, heat rods, finfunnels. Don't even start with the grunts. They're the worst enemy soldiers ever existed. I don't find anything awesome of a show about pilots who only manages to survive with their overpowered suits. No. Wing has the worst characters. And you're hero, wufei is a deep shit. He preaches about fighting but slays soldiers sleeping at night. That's disgusting. I don't know man, guess being wing they're gateway gundam is equal to stupidity. XD