Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

I'm not altogether sure Bomber-kun ever really reported the crimes and thus Judgement was ever really aware of the fact he got his money robbed every day. It seems to me he has lots of malice and the kind of mental condition and thought process that since Judgement isn't (magically) fixing his problems like it would in an ideal world, it's a complete failure and has personally betrayed him. I'd even go as far as saying the dude had a martyr complex that had been fed by the constant bullying.

I also don't believe that Misaka doesn't trust the system. Her actions are more like a combination of her rather competitive and aggressive nature and the fact she's so powerful she rarely needs anybody's help. When you always win your own fights (and even help others in theirs) it won't occur to you somebody in reality should be doing the fighting for you. However, she has shown she respects Kuroko's work and encourages her in it.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    So much head banging. So much awesomeness.

That was some seriously good acting by Mikoto. I'd love to see her pull one on Touma sometime, but I'm not expecting it.

Guess Level Upper is some drug that screws you over later huh? I'm wondering how far they'll take this Rescue Saten arc in terms of making Saten stray, become a victim or even become an antagonist for part of the series. Things haven't really been "serious" yet, so I hope they bring in something grand.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 11-20-2009 at 07:16 PM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I noticed the restaurant that Mikoto was at was the same one shown in the first scene after the OP in Index.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    I noticed the restaurant that Mikoto was at was the same one shown in the first scene after the OP in Index.
    Hmm, good eyes Ryll.

Talking about stuff from Index, the physics stuff they brought up pretty much coincided with the previous proposed explanations on powers back then too. I think it was also Ryll who proposed the Schrödinger's cat theory.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Im still laughing at poor Kuroko. Mikoto practically burned her brain back there.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Im still laughing at poor Kuroko. Mikoto practically burned her brain back there.
    Oh You wish you were replacing Saten and share tastes with Mikoto.
    When Kuroko banged her head, I had a smile thinking you'd probably do the same while watching that ep

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Guess Level Upper is some drug that screws you over later huh?
    It seems to be audio. That's why the bomber was always listening to something, everywhere. Since the esper powers depend on personal reality, then the more immersed you are in your own reality, the stronger you can become. In that sense listening to suitable brainwashing audio would make perfect sense.

It's a good question why it would induce coma, though. Maybe it's simply too fast and the body can't keep up with the strain caused by the boosted esper powers. Or maybe it also has something to do with the personal reality. It could be a twisted form that's generated by the brainwashing audio. In some sense a state of coma could be the highest form of personal reality, of course.

Back during the restaurant scene I was almost sure Touma would appear behind Mikoto and ask what the hell Biribiri is doing talking like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Back during the restaurant scene I was almost sure Touma would appear behind Mikoto and ask what the hell Biribiri is doing talking like that.
    Possible spoilers removed for reason Archie mentions down there. The series seems to be shuffling content in any case so let's play it safe.

Anyway didn't really hit me before now but isn't the line that Mikoto says before punching the graviton guy the same as the line Touma said before punching punching accelerator though think he added a few lines.
    Last edited by Kraco; Sat, 11-21-2009 at 11:20 AM.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fireheart
    Spoiler spoiler spoiler spoilser and moar spoiler

Anyway didn't really hit me before now but isn't the line that Mikoto says before punching the graviton guy the same as the line Touma said before punching punching accelerator though think he added a few lines.
    That scene may still come up in the future under different circumstances, i would edit that if i were you

Quote Originally Posted by David75
    Oh You wish you were replacing Saten and share tastes with Mikoto.
    When Kuroko banged her head, I had a smile thinking you'd probably do the same while watching that ep
    Believe me. I was tempted.

One thing that was removed, and I don't understand why, is Mikoto holding a little bottle on her hands. In the manga she used it to fake her tears. I guess her anime self can shed them by herself.

Do you guys remember episode 1? The useless shot of the thug's mp3 player? We seem to have our reason now, for he was also on the report the doctor had.

Blog Entries
    What i missed the most was the blank stare of death after the head banging

And here I am stuck at the office for one hour and a half more. Add the half hour it will take to get home... plus the half an hour to download... dang... *cries*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    And here I am stuck at the office for one hour and a half more. Add the half hour it will take to get home... plus the half an hour to download... dang... *cries*
    /me whips Zell

Less talky, more worky

Shut it Arch.

And Kuroko was awesome this episode. Totally.

She does have lots of pride, though. She absolutely had to beat the dude in an eye to eye fight. I guess she judges two ribs a fair price for retaining that pride. But then again, based on her actions, I don't think she has been involved in too many potentially lethal fights so far. Although remembering Mikoto's cute reaction under Touma's raised fist, it's not like even the better ones were all that battle scarred.

I'm getting an ominous feeling that now that they are solving a real case, there won't be much room for Mikoto-Touma interaction anymore. Even though this series is supposed to be about Mikoto, not Judgement...

Mikoto always butts in to Judgment work though. I had thought the series was supposed to be about Mikoto & Friends, meaning primarily Kuroko among those. Index isn't really about its title character either. She's barely even in the show when you look back.

I'm dying of suspense to know whether Saten is going to use Level Upper or not!

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Yup, we are now dealing with Kuroko's limits.
    She's not that bad with her powers and wits, but lacks a bit in the experience/fighting department.
    What's more, she got involved with absolutely no backup available.

Hopefully for her, the guy wasn't that powerful, but he was on his turf and not that dumb... except he didn't understand Kuroko's explanations of what she was about to do...
    He was very dumb at the time, but I think Kuroko was dumb too.
    I would never explain my strategy, intentions and how things should turn out to my enemy in a fight.
    Maybe after I beat them... but not before I do so. I said maybe after, because I do not think it's a good idea even after, since I could meet with the guy another time.
    But I would allow that one in anime, as there's sometimes a need for explanations for the viewers.

As I thought, and it was obvious, Kuroko can teleport objects through/inside other objects.
    Her power really is great but also dangerous for herself or her surrondings.
    I guess she really had to practice slowly not to make a fatal mistake...

A strong point in that ep was the growing angst induced by Saten-san about to decide to try the level-upper.

Fanservice was nice too

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    great episode!

the fight was awesome
    and Saten always wears such nice clothes