Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Blog Entries
    God dammit, Touman is kakkoii as fuck.

On another note though, it dawned on me as i was watching that this is already the 14th episode and not a really big deal has happened when you really think about it. Maybe my perception is skewered from all the information given on this arc that we all already knew about but it seems to me that the pace has been really slow so far.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    AKA: A 20-minute guide on "How to win over a tsundere"

I really don't mind any inconsistencies (if any) as long as the overall product keeps improving as a whole.

edit: actually, I have to take that bit back.. since I can't let all inconsistencies go.. but this episode was alright.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    What inconsistencies? Any of the small stuff can be written off as simple differences in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    God dammit, Touman is kakkoii as fuck.
    Yeah, but he chose a troublesome moment to pull off one of his cool guy acts, since it left him all beaten up before he even met Accelerator. But then again, it gave him some Misaka lap pillow time, so with the end well, everything was brilliant.

On another note though, it dawned on me as i was watching that this is already the 14th episode and not a really big deal has happened when you really think about it. Maybe my perception is skewered from all the information given on this arc that we all already knew about but it seems to me that the pace has been really slow so far.
    It's not just your perspective. Like I said before, this arc could have used a bit more aggressive cutting. The part with the exlosives girl and Meltdowner were jolly good additions to the story we already know, but otherwise it's still a story we know, nothing changes that, so it could have been told more briskly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It's not just your perspective. Like I said before, this arc could have used a bit more aggressive cutting. The part with the exlosives girl and Meltdowner were jolly good additions to the story we already know, but otherwise it's still a story we know, nothing changes that, so it could have been told more briskly.
    Should have have taken a page from Rozen Maiden, apparently the current anime skips something like 8 volumes of content in a single episode.

What inconsistencies? Any of the small stuff can be written off as simple differences in perspective.
    Touma's arm power raised eyebrows here. Why is it that if he holds it towards his side it does absolutely nothing, while if he holds it in front of him it becomes an absolute shield? There was an episode one time where his hand was used to protect him (and some other people) from an explosion blast, which would mean the hand has to work on an area other than JUST the palm, forearm and arm.

Blog Entries
    ...you want to argue about shit we've already been aware of for 4 years now? I thought you were complaining about contradictions between what they're displaying now and what they did in the Index adaptation but you just had to take it a step further for that oh so Bill-esque full retard mode.

If his hand is what's closest to Misaka it will act as his lightning rod and dispel it the moment the 2 connect. If it doesn't the circuit between her, touma and the ground is complete and he gets shocked, i assume his right hand is the only part that didn't hurt like hell.

TL;DR: Why Bill, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy??!
    Last edited by Archangel; Sat, 07-13-2013 at 08:33 PM.

If his hand is what's closest to Misaka it will act as his lightning rod and dispel it the moment the 2 connect. If it doesn't the circuit between her, touma and the ground is complete and he gets shocked, i assume his right hand is the only part that didn't hurt like hell.
    Except that his arm hasn't been explained to be a lightning rod (and for something that has zero power, seems strange that it'd "absorb" it like that), but whatever.

I wasn't going to elaborate, but you asked for it.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    guess what gets hit by lightning if you stretch out your arm towards it, your feet or your arm?

SCIENCE!

but that electrostuff should also be dispelled if it hits anywhere else, since it will reach his arm eventually a few milliseconds later or at whatever speed electricity travels through a human body

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Except that his arm hasn't been explained to be a lightning rod.
    They have to explain logic?

They have to explain logic?
    Let me clarify: ... to be a lightning rod against supernatural powers.

If I stretch my arm out, it's not going to attract a flame that was directed towards my whole body.

I see it as being flawed for convenience's sake. Notice how the cat's fine in this episode even though the bridge was fucked? It's not outside the anime-level flaws, but remains one nonetheless.

*sigh*.. Accel even figured out his right hand, but he was still dumb enough to lose..

While I like that it's as if Touma took some punching classes, it sucks that his ability varies so much in the series. He always lands his punches somehow in the end (even if they look as cool as they did here), but he's otherwise bumbling around the blattlefield usually.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Well, his "zero" ability forces him to close combat if he wants to take down an oponent.
    Problem is, when the oponent understands that, there are many ways to stop Touma from getting close.

Accel did understand that in the first series, but did not choose to use that idea to the end. That's clearly a weakness in the scenario.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Blog Entries
    Again with the misconception that Accelerator is all powerful... obviously he could work something out if he had time to think and wasn't being punched in the face every 2 seconds but under this situation is perfectly believably for him to derp around while facing an enemy who's immune to auto reflect.

It's like when you're playing a videogame and you always use that same move because it's awesome and powerful and kills everything, until you face an enemy immune to it. Yeah you'll beat him after a quick reload but in that first battle he's probably gonna slap you around pretty hard.

If you want to bitch, bitch about how Touma manages to get up after being thrown off what looked like 20-30 meters up. Plot armor has always been around though so it's silly to start complaining about it now.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    It's true that Touma flying around and surviving was annoying. I was at least waiting for some Misaka magnetic sand manipulation that would dampen Touma's fall. But seems she wasn't even able to play a supporting role.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Again with the misconception that Accelerator is all powerful... obviously he could work something out if he had time to think and wasn't being punched in the face every 2 seconds but under this situation is perfectly believably for him to derp around while facing an enemy who's immune to auto reflect.
    I stop and think after the "usual" method doesn't work.

Accel did that - he wondered if he accidentally turned it off, so he tried again. The second time should have told him that it's not his fault, and that the opponent is doing something against his power. Sure, he worked it out in the end.. after getting punched shitloads. The thing that looked stupid was Accel lunging when he was obviously losing the exchange. Get some distance and recover.

Damn cool looking episode if you don't get stuck on the twisted details. Maybe they even serve a role in presenting the fight how Mikoto saw it: Hero Touma fighting against impossible odds she never hoped to beat herself. Certainty it's far flashier than I remember from Index, and Touma seems to suffer far more, yet still gets up eventually. He really should man up and take responsibility for making a girl fall for him that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I stop and think after the "usual" method doesn't work.

Accel did that - he wondered if he accidentally turned it off, so he tried again. The second time should have told him that it's not his fault, and that the opponent is doing something against his power. Sure, he worked it out in the end.. after getting punched shitloads. The thing that looked stupid was Accel lunging when he was obviously losing the exchange. Get some distance and recover.
    He continued it, for a while, precisely because he felt like he was losing. Unlike the supercomputer that got what it deserved and the idiotic nazi scientists, Accelerator understood he won't get any stronger by crushing thousands of helpless insects; instead he needs to fight an opponent that baffles him and forces him to seek new approaches.
    Last edited by Kraco; Sat, 07-20-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Man this episode was awesome as fuck.

So...let me just reiterate this again. We'll be 16 episodes in next week, and we'll have just six episodes of new material. Maybe seven.

This arc is great an all...the first time around...but we're not going to get anything out of this series, and there won't be enough time to start more than one other arc of anything good after the Index recap ends.

I don't watch Railgun to watch Touma punch people in the face again and again and again. I watch it for the shit like the three episodes with ITEM. The scene with Shokuhou Misaki back in the very first episode was the biggest tease ever.