Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

At this point, I don't think this quote from the 1st novel's prologue would be considered a spoiler. I'll 'white it' just in case. But this pretty much explains what everybody has already concluded here.

Removed before Im reported for suppossed 'spoiling' despite the fact that the scene takes places in the prologue of the novel of the first episode of index... over 20+ episodes ago. Yes, it happens only her on gotwoot.
    Last edited by RyougaZell; Tue, 10-27-2009 at 09:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    I can already picture Ryllharu... sharpening his blade

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Ryllharu didn't just pull that explanation out of his ass, it makes perfect sense if you just calmly analyze the situation.
    Regardless of whatever it was Zell actually posted (I've been asleep since I posted in the bitching thread), I'm not even that clever. They say it directly.

Episode 9 of Index, Steyr explains to Touma about the dragon at the 18:36 mark of Eclipse's subs. Steyr speculates that was the form of the despair that Aurelous must have felt at that final moment. Combine that with the thorough explanation of his powers that Touma kept saying while he approached him and what they had determined during the battle, and you get exactly what I wrote.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Wed, 10-28-2009 at 03:47 AM.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Yeah after his arm got cut off Touma kept going and freaked out the Alchemist. That made him think for a second that Touma could not be beaten, thus the blade for his head missed. Then he thought that when he Guillotines dropped that they would be canceled out. So basically they were canceled out by the Alchemists own power. Anyway....this is Railgun not Index. Argue in the Index thread if you want to.

Blog Entries
    Talk about your "in fuego", only 4 episodes and already 165 comments

That's why I nominated it for the section, but the mods didn't want it. Im still waiting for the subforum to be deleted as well. Oh well.

@Ryll
    What I had posted was about the Bridge scene at the beginning of Index. Not about Styll nor the alchemist.

I love the diligent side of Kuroko. While she ends up being comedy relief most of the time with her obsession with Mikoto, Kuroko's strong conviction of doing the right thing makes her such a great character. It was also nice to see that backfire on her some of the time, stressing on why a strong sense of justice isn't all that useful unless you have enough common sense and proper judgment to go along with it.

Young Kuroko got overconfident, just like her sempai told her not to, and it nearly got them all killed. A powerful lesson for someone like her.

What I found more intriguing was that Kuroko learned to teleport other objects and people long before she could teleport herself. I found that the most interesting. It would seem like teleporting people wouldn't be any different that teleporting yourself, but there must be some mental grounding that Kuroko has to do in order to know where she fits into the world before she teleports herself. We normally see her flit around all over the place, so hearing her saying she can't teleport herself was startling.

I wonder if this has to do with her comment to the Oujo type rival she has at the school, where Kuroko said she teleports through 10 dimensions rather than just 3.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    I love the diligent side of Kuroko. While she ends up being comedy relief most of the time with her obsession with Mikoto, Kuroko's strong conviction of doing the right thing makes her such a great character. It was also nice to see that backfire on her some of the time, stressing on why a strong sense of justice isn't all that useful unless you have enough common sense and proper judgment to go along with it.
    I like how you worded this
    Young Kuroko got overconfident, just like her sempai told her not to, and it nearly got them all killed. A powerful lesson for someone like her.
    What I found (best described as) annoying was that she repeated the same mistake again that could have cost her comrade's life. You'd think such an emotionally stimulating event would have a greater impact on her, but she still jumped the gun. It's almost like she's forgotten her lesson.

Kudos to Uiharu for yelling at her. Not telling anyone about it would have just mean Kuroko will repeat the same mistake without thought. If she didn't talk back, it would have been the second annoying thing for me.

What I found more intriguing was that Kuroko learned to teleport other objects and people long before she could teleport herself. I found that the most interesting. It would seem like teleporting people wouldn't be any different that teleporting yourself, but there must be some mental grounding that Kuroko has to do in order to know where she fits into the world before she teleports herself. We normally see her flit around all over the place, so hearing her saying she can't teleport herself was startling.
    I was very surprised to hear this myself. I'm not expecting them to explain it to us, but I believe you're correct about how self-teleportation requires more effort in the form of self-awareness. When she teleported other people and objects, she could use herself as a reference point, an ability that should be rather instinctive. Teleporting yourself would mean using other places/things as a reference point for yourself instead, increasing its difficulty.

Only thing I see that's wrong with that is it should only impact on its accuracy, rather than an all-or-nothing effect. That is, unless she's not allowed to break objects while teleporting them.

eg. teleporting a cup, but relocating the cup's handle 3cm further than the body would result in a malformed cup upon materialization, and so an "unsuccessful" attempt would reverse the previous steps back to the original cup.

That may also explain why she can't teleport Touma if his arm won't allow it despite not touching his actual arm.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I like how you worded this
    You make it sound like it wasn't absolutely intentional.
    What I found (best described as) annoying was that she repeated the same mistake again that could have cost her comrade's life. You'd think such an emotionally stimulating event would have a greater impact on her, but she still jumped the gun. It's almost like she's forgotten her lesson.

Kudos to Uiharu for yelling at her. Not telling anyone about it would have just mean Kuroko will repeat the same mistake without thought. If she didn't talk back, it would have been the second annoying thing for me.
    I think the reason that Kuroko forgot about their promise and did it again anyway (and as we saw late in Index, did it yet again), is because of her strong convictions about maintaining order in Academy City. Kuroko takes great pride that she is an Esper, and seems to want to maintain a happy and safe environment for everyone like her to learn in. She was just as fervent when she didn't even have any power back when she was in elementary school. She mostly relied on her jujitsu, not her teleportation as she does now. It's not that she wants to play hero, she just wants to restore order as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
    I was very surprised to hear this myself. I'm not expecting them to explain it to us, but I believe you're correct about how self-teleportation requires more effort in the form of self-awareness. When she teleported other people and objects, she could use herself as a reference point, an ability that should be rather instinctive. Teleporting yourself would mean using other places/things as a reference point for yourself instead, increasing its difficulty.
    That reference point mechanic makes a lot of sense. Aside from rare mental/medical disorders, knowing where you are, where your body parts are, in relation to the world is very innate. We can move things with our limbs, Kuroko decides to misplace things elsewhere with her mind. It would almost be a total disconnect from the world to deny your own location, and declare it somewhere else. When it is described that way, it makes more sense that teleporting oneself would be so hard.

I liked that Kuroko had the exact same attitude that Saten-san had about Mikoto before they knew her.

If moving oneself to particular reference points is how self-teleportation is accomplished, no wonder Kuroko has such ease at finding Mikoto wherever she goes, Mikoto must be Kuroko's most important reference point in the world.

Wow. I truly never expected to see this episode animated so soon. Specially since I saw its manga counterpart just last weekend.

Chibi Kuroko is just so cute... I liked they showed us how the relationship between her and Uiharu began. She was a bit tomboyish as well, which makes me lol since she wants Mikoto to be more lady-like.

Kuroko did a 100% regarding Mikoto as well. And I wonder if she ever learnt that it was Mikoto who saved her.

The flashback showed very little of Mikoto, and never besides neither Kuroko or Uiharu. But she somehow seemed to be the same height as she is currently. Whereas Uiharu and Kuroko looked very small, for being in their last year or elementary. Which grade are they in the present anyway? 7th? Or 8th? I just know Mikoto is a year older... but they seemed too young here.

I hope Mazui releases a V2. There were some awful grammar mistakes on their version. And I refuse to get Ayako's.

Arch, whenever you get yer ass here. Are you as surprised as me to see this animated after we found the chapters just days ago?

EDIT:
    Pizza hut supports Railgun

Wallpaper

If someone finds the 2nd wallpaper I'll be thankful
    Last edited by RyougaZell; Sat, 10-31-2009 at 10:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Haha, Zell had just linked me the manga counterpart of this episode the day before it aired. Good thing it was too late and i decided to read them another time

Anyway chibi chibis are always cute and the hearing Kuroko bash on Misaka was really funny to watch so overall good ep

Zell: I didn't find the wallpaper, but i found this

Isn't it uber cute? Enjoy it

There's really something in that pic that clashes with Mikoto. Dunno what is though.

Blog Entries
    The chibiness of it perhaps? Her face is too round but that's what makes it cute

I don't think its the chibiness. We've already seen chibiness with Last Order (MISAKA 20001). The picture could represent Last Order more than Mikoto, if she ever grew up.

Blog Entries
    In terms of physical appearance she's still a Misaka clone, only younger, so she should grow up to be just like Misaka and the sisters

In fact:

Last Order - 1

Baby Misaka - 1 & 2

Spot the differences

I meant the cherry expression.
    I can't picture Mikoto doing so, neither 10032... but maybe Last Order could smile cherryly like that.

Blog Entries
    Awesome, i wanted that single for my mp3

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Haha, so it was actually:

Looking!

This blitz loop this planet to search way
    Only my Railgun can shoot...

Honestly can't blame fansubs for getting this "wrong".

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~