Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

From the looks of the preview, they're going to air the Index movie, probably with an additional scene to make it the "special" version. Did it get bad reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    From the looks of the preview, they're going to air the Index movie, probably with an additional scene to make it the "special" version. Did it get bad reviews?
    I still find that hard to believe. First it's a remake of the sisters arc we had already seen, (then one-shot filler episode), and then an Index movie, huh? What was this second season of Railgun for if this is everything it has to offer?

I guess it makes some sense to do what they're doing. The next arc in the Railgun manga is even longer than the Sister's arc, and isn't even over.

The alternative is to pad it with garbage fillers. As much as I'd like more Kongo, the made-for-the-anime stories just aren't any good.

Blog Entries
    Wat? Why would they air the movie, the Blurays aren't even out yet.

It's probably just a special episode tie-in, hopefully not an epilogue.

I guess it makes some sense to do what they're doing. The next arc in the Railgun manga is even longer than the Sister's arc, and isn't even over.

The alternative is to pad it with garbage fillers. As much as I'd like more Kongo, the made-for-the-anime stories just aren't any good.
    They could have taken some shorter Mikoto heavy arc from the novels and made it even more Mikoto heavy. In an ideal world that would never happen...

I guess not too much stock should be put in the OP considering the first OP was hardly descriptive of what happened in the sisters arc, but it seems to me, assuming if has any relevance at all, that the ending of this season won't be so different from the bs ending of the first season. That is, they will be fighting pesky powered suits and whatnot. However, like I said yesterday, I'd rather agree with Archie at this point and think it'll be just a special episode doing little but advertising the movie.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

I guess it's safe to assume this is an anime original arc to end this season? Looks like level 0 scientist wannabes trying to prove their worth by using terrorist tactics to outsmart the city and random espers.

Oh, well, I'll wait and see. I did finish the second half of the first season, so I have seen the worst already. Maybe this will be even good, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I guess it's safe to assume this is an anime original arc to end this season? Looks like level 0 scientist wannabes trying to prove their worth by using terrorist tactics to outsmart the city and random espers.

Oh, well, I'll wait and see. I did finish the second half of the first season, so I have seen the worst already. Maybe this will be even good, you never know.
    I watched this, and nothing.
    You expect emotions out of a production like this, I couldn't even be bored, or angry. That just fell completly flat for me

Blog Entries
    Had to skip parts to get through this episode

Well, I finally watched this. I didn't realise until I posted episode 18, that I hadn't actually finished episode 17 from the week before. Somewhere during the middle of it I just dropped out and didn't finish it.

Once again, thank you smartphones for bringing me anime when I have time for them.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Much More Railgun III – Railgun S Special - UTW-Mazui 720p | 1080p

- - - -- -- -- -

Quite a funny Railgun special.

Episode 19 - UTW-Mazui

- -- - - - - -- -

Is anything worthwhile supposed to happen in this arc? As stretched as the Sisters arc was, I can't help but wonder if the Japanese fans really prefer this over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Episode 19 - UTW-Mazui

- -- - - - - -- -

Is anything worthwhile supposed to happen in this arc? As stretched as the Sisters arc was, I can't help but wonder if the Japanese fans really prefer this over it.
    The students commented that Misaka was the "real one", which gave me the initial impression that Febri was an attempt to reproduce an Electromaster. Then they threw in something about experimenting with Meltdown, and I have no idea anymore. The fluff is suffocating though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    The students commented that Misaka was the "real one", which gave me the initial impression that Febri was an attempt to reproduce an Electromaster. Then they threw in something about experimenting with Meltdown, and I have no idea anymore.
    I thought they were building some fancy machinery or something that could stand a chance against espers. The beginning of the arc had Meltdowner annihilate those robots, possibly for some in situ ability measurements. Thus they were pleased to encounter Misaka as well; after all, just a single high level esper doesn't yet provide much in the way of statistics. However, I have absolutely no idea how Febri fits in, unless she's just some dummy they intend to use as a bait. That wouldn't really fit in very well with her initial fear of Misaka, though. Maybe she has some weird power the wannabe mad scientist students need in their experiments.

In before Febri turns out to be an artificial esper/construct with either the power to have all powers through mimicry or absorption, or (hopefully less likely) some sort of general or wide area esper power nullification/countering ability. If it's the latter I'd bet on some sort of computer analysys program that figures out how an espers powers work and makes optimal suggestions about how to go about neutralizing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura View Post
    In before Febri turns out to be an artificial esper/construct with either the power to have all powers through mimicry or absorption, or (hopefully less likely) some sort of general or wide area esper power nullification/countering ability. If it's the latter I'd bet on some sort of computer analysys program that figures out how an espers powers work and makes optimal suggestions about how to go about neutralizing them.
    But we already have Touma and the power-down speaker system from last time!

I'd very much rather they came up with a super-powerful esper instead... but then we also had that AMI monster from last time...

We can't step away from rehash, can we? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Should we wait for UTW?
    Did the Japanese BD have English subtitles or why do you ask? I assume that particular release has provided only Chinese subs, and Chinese isn't exactly my strongest language...

Blog Entries
    Hmm? I think those have english as well don't they?