Thread: Winter Sonata - the Animation

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Winter Sonata - the Animation

Alternative title: Fuyu no Sonata

Genres: drama, romance

Episodes: 26

The anime is an adaptation of the popular 2002 Korean live action romantic drama Winter Sonata (Gyeoul Yeonga). Original actors Bae Yong Jun and Choi Ji Woo will reprise their roles from the live action drama in the anime adaptation, so it does look like the series will air on Japanese television with Korean dialogue and Japanese subtitles. -AniDB

Story: The story begins when Joon-sang, who is the son of an eminent musician, moves to Chuncheon, a rural city in South Korea. As an extraordinarily talented student, Joon-sang is welcomed by his fellow students as well as teachers, but remains a quiet, introverted young man. As a result of his belief that his father is dead and serious conflicts with his mother, Joon-sang believes that no one truly loves him.... -Wikipedia (Korean drama entry)

Links: ANN, AniDB, AnimeNFO, Official site

SFW - Episode 1 | Episode 2

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Was maybe willing to try that one, but sub group has a weird name and there's no HD version...

I admitt that this fall, I have trouble trying new shows because of low quality encodes/subs.

So I'm stalled for that one, white album , natsu no arashi and maybe some other shows.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I've been trying ep 00
    Animation is very nice, even if Paris depiction is funny in the way how Koreans see it

Thing is, audio is Korean. Eventhough I have no level in Japanese, I'm getting used to it and catch more and more of it.
    Watching that show, is watching something in a totally foreign language, so I lose some depth and can't enjoy it.

Also, that 00 ep was ultra slow paced. I hope it doesn't remain the same after that, I'll know after watching ep 01 I guess.

I wonder if that show will be dubbed in Japanese someday, and then fansubed in english

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Why, Kang Joon-Sang, you pretty boy, why?!

SFW - Episode 4