Thread: vbulletin upgraded

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by complich8 View Post
    • missing rep people: could you point out an example to me in a PM?
    Not sure if this qualifys, but my reputation hover bar seems to have disappeared (under my avatar). At first I thought it was just that it didn't show it while I was logged in, but after browsing the forums while logged out, it still seems to have been lost. I still have my rep points in my control panel.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

The text color drop down doesn't seem to work. You can click the button to get the hex code for black, but it doesn't drop down to let you select any other default colors.

The others (font, sizes, smiles, attachments) work fine.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhuin View Post
    Not sure if this qualifys, but my reputation hover bar seems to have disappeared (under my avatar). At first I thought it was just that it didn't show it while I was logged in, but after browsing the forums while logged out, it still seems to have been lost. I still have my rep points in my control panel.
    That looks like changes in functions_reputation.php (the file that, logically, has functions related to reputation). I have a customized functions_reputation, because otherwise the bigger people here would be running around giving 15000 point reps instead of the low 30's they're giving now.

I've changed that functions file, and I think things are working right. You'll want to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    "http://forums.gotwoot.net/gotwoot/images/buttons/viewpost.gif"

Doesn't exist.
    copied from default theme. May or may not look out of place in gotwoot theme. Now accepting gif submissions for missing or weird-looking buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I don't even know what they are called, but didn't Gotwoot use to have its own logo/icon that's connected to the site? So that when you bookmark the site, the symbol is carried over to the bookmark? At least firefox also shows the logo left of the url in the address bar. Right now it's the default blue vbulleting logo.
    favicon.ico. unpacking the vbulletin archive and deploying it overwrote it, and I had forgotten about it. I've replaced it, but you may need to clear caches and/or refresh, or wait for it to expire from your cache before the G logo shows up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    The text color drop down doesn't seem to work. You can click the button to get the hex code for black, but it doesn't drop down to let you select any other default colors.

The others (font, sizes, smiles, attachments) work fine.
    Ugh. Seems like JS problems. Have to look into that, noted.

In other news, after 4 hours of sleep and a pretty intense 10 hour shift, I don't think I have a whole lot to give to these issues tonight. I'm going to use the first post in the thread to organize the list of problems and their statuses. Let me know if I got everything right, what I'm missing, etc. I'll try to get some time to fight with it tomorrow...
    Last edited by complich8; Mon, 03-22-2010 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8 View Post
    That looks like changes in functions_reputation.php (the file that, logically, has functions related to reputation). I have a customized functions_reputation, because otherwise the bigger people here would be running around giving 15000 point reps instead of the low 30's they're giving now.
    That fixed it apparently. My rep hover bar is back (with my measely one block =P). Thanks.

Though, now that Archie mentioned it, I had the same error message as he did when trying to upload a new sig from another website. Luckily I was able to upload mine straight from my machine instead, so I didn't think much about it.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.